• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next years draft pick

First round options

• Khalil Mack OLB Buf

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • CJ Mosely ILB/OLB ALA

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Sammy Watkins WR Cle

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Marquis Lee WR Usc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T. Bridgewater QB Lou

• Justin Gilbert CB Oks

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • H. Clinton Dix S Ala

• I. Ekpre-Olomu CB Ore

• Mike Evans WR Tx A&M

• Other (Please explain)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with Dixon or Gilbert.. It seems as though a lot of the top defenses in the NFL has an elite cover Free Safety like an Earl Thomas or Eric Reid so he is definitely an Option.. Gibert is the top CB in the draft and is a projected shutdown or closest thing to one.. There aren't that many DEs in the draft after Clowney and it looks more like the Lions would have to convert an OLB like a Barr or Mack to DE so it all depends..

The draft is deep in WRs though and I think they could find excellent value with a guy like an Allen Robinson or even a Davante Adams should he possibly fall.. I'm not going to rule out Darquez Dennard for each two first picks either.. The guy could be a sure top 15 pick if he just has an average to above average combine because his play in CFB has been outstanding.. A goof pro day would help his status as well.. And if both are mediocre, he could be there for the 2nd round..

Edit: Barr would be outstanding at DE or OLB IMO.. The pass rush would be beast! But I don't think he falls outside the top 5 and tbh, he could go ahead of Clowney..

What WR/RB can they trade up to draft in the second round who is perennially injured or a known psychopath. Ill put my money on that for a 2nd rd pick.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the right tackle fell to them I wouldnt be opposed to it otherwise please draft defense.

That Greg Robinson from Auburn is the only O-lineman that shouldn't be passed up if the Lions are picking in the 1st. Otherwise, defense or Marquis Lee.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but WR might be the first pick. Stafford throws such an uncatchable ball that we need 2 more Jerry Rices to go with Megatron. He makes his receivers look worse then they are.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but WR might be the first pick. Stafford throws such an uncatchable ball that we need 2 more Jerry Rices to go with Megatron. He makes his receivers look worse then they are.

:agree: I used to be an avid Stafford supporter and still am to some degree but not as die hard as before. Guy has shown 0% improvement. I think he will be much better next season however with some real coaches who don't pamper his every move. Dude NEVER takes any heat off the fastball. The first catch that Megatron dropped in the BAL game was a rocket and too far in front of him. Take a little off of it and it gives him a chance to catch up with it. That is the problem with throwing it that hard, it has to be perfectly accurate. To far in front or a bit behind and the receivers have almost zero chance of catching it. It will count as a "drop" cause it bounces off their hands.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conversely, these guys are NFL receivers and are paid to catch the ball.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely, these guys are NFL receivers and are paid to catch the ball.

Shhhh, shitting on Stafford is hip right now. All the cool fans are doing it. The WR's are perfect.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhh, shitting on Stafford is hip right now. All the cool fans are doing it. The WR's are perfect.

The term is bandwagon! Bandwagon! If you want to use the terminology use the correct one dammit!:lol:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair old lion has been relatively pro stafford. I realize theres much room for improvement. I also realize the guy is 25 and has a rocket for an arm.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I used to be an avid Stafford supporter and still am to some degree but not as die hard as before. Guy has shown 0% improvement. I think he will be much better next season however with some real coaches who don't pamper his every move. Dude NEVER takes any heat off the fastball. The first catch(DROP) that Megatron dropped in the BAL game was a rocket and too far in front of him.(his arms were not fully extended) Take a little off of it and it gives him a chance to catch up with it. That is the problem with throwing it that hard, it has to be perfectly accurate. To far in front or a bit behind and the receivers have almost zero chance of catching it. It will count as a "drop" cause it bounces off their hands.

WR catch with thier hands. Great ones catch them high, low, behind and infront, hard and soft. CJ is one of the greatest. He had 3 drops that were HUGE in that game. The INT he threw sidearm was not hard. He forces way too much. Puts a lot of pressure on the defense forcing bad field position. Just throw it away. The screen pass to Dorin was softly thrown and find out he was concussed. That play alone easily gives Akers a chance to miss a game winning FG. While Stafford has many areas to correct. That fastball is what many don't have. The Dallas game many rode his jock. The 2 throws late to Durham and CJ. Only completed because of fast and in only window there. Durham made a great catch and adjusted to it. CJ was just CJ as usual. Stafford is the QB of the Lions future. Just needs to find his Sean Peyton as Brees did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR catch with thier hands. Great ones catch them high, low, behind and infront, hard and soft. CJ is one of the greatest. He had 3 drops that were HUGE in that game. The INT he threw sidearm was not hard. He forces way too much. Puts a lot of pressure on the defense forcing bad field position. Just throw it away. The screen pass to Dorin was softly thrown and find out he was concussed. That play alone easily gives Akers a chance to miss a game winning FG. While Stafford has many areas to correct. That fastball is what many don't have. The Dallas game many rode his jock. The 2 throws late to Durham and CJ. Only completed because of fast and in only window there. Durham made a great catch and adjusted to it. CJ was just CJ as usual. Stafford is the QB of the Lions future. Just needs to find his Sean Peyton as Brees did.

I know Staff is the future and has elite upside. Watching him after the Ravens game, where he basically told the media "Oh we will get better" with no passion or emotion at all, like it was "just another game". Just soured on me. He is still just 25 and we have him under contract for awhile, he should mature. He surely needs his own Sean Peyton though. Hopefully Mayhew gets lucky and finds one.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Ebron TE from NC in the first and I'd Love Jordan Matthews in the 2nd round, but he probably won't still be on the board when we pick.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed with that Old Lion. I don't believe a Sammy Watkins would be there but a choice between Lee or Evans, Evans may just be the one the Lions would take. With his size 6'5" 225 and ability to rip off yards after the catch we could be looking at the mirror of Megatron on the other side of the field for Stafford to throw to.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with that Old Lion. I don't believe a Sammy Watkins would be there but a choice between Lee or Evans, Evans may just be the one the Lions would take. With his size 6'5" 225 and ability to rip off yards after the catch we could be looking at the mirror of Megatron on the other side of the field for Stafford to throw to.

What about that Kelvin Benjamin? He looks more like Megatron than Mike Evans.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that Kelvin Benjamin? He looks more like Megatron than Mike Evans.

RT lets take a look at the two of them

Evans

STRENGTHS: Uses his NFL-ready frame to fight through press coverage, box out defenders on jump balls and provide excellent downfield blocking for teammates. Possesses excellent body control and sticky hands to make difficult receptions. Evans challenges cornerbacks to tackle him, initiating the contact and, at times, dragging would-be tacklers for extra yardage.

WEAKNESSES: Evans does not possess elite speed but he is a smooth accelerator who can sneak past corners to make big plays down the field.

Benjamin

STRENGTHS: Big, athletic body Positions himself well to make tough catches Nearly impossible to take down once he gets into the open field Long arms allow him to stretch for balls that most receivers wouldn’t get to With only three years each of high school and college experience, still has the ability to improve significantly

WEAKNESSES: Doesn’t fully use his size to his advantage when getting off the line; needs to be more physical when he is battling defensive backs to get open Lackadaisical, sluggish running style Effort seems inconsistent; looks like he’s jogging through some routes Catching skills need to be improved

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans looks as if he would fit right in on Lions. Took some stupid penalties tonight.