• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

News now! Sam Shields, David Bakhtiari to practice on Wednesday

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on the Packers website. Shields has practiced in one of the previous weeks but then was not cleared. He did a good workout yesterday and is practicing today so hopefully he makes it this time. It would be great to have these 2 back this week.

Also down in Arizona they had some hits to their defense with 2 defensive starters out for the rest of the season with starting linebacker Okafor and D lineman Redding.

Green Bay Packers – Official Blog | News now! Sam Shields, David Bakhtiari to practice on Wednesday

GREEN BAY — Packers cornerback Sam Shields has still not fully cleared the concussion protocol, but Head Coach Mike McCarthy said he would do some work on the practice field on Wednesday. Left tackle David Bakhtiari, who has missed the last three games with an ankle injury, is slated to practice as well.

Shields sustained his concussion in Week 14 vs. Dallas and has missed Green Bay’s last four games. He had returned to practice once before during that time for limited work but was not cleared and never returned to the lineup.

“Sam had a really good workout yesterday,” McCarthy said. “He’ll do some on-field work today. He’s still not totally through the protocol. He’s getting close.”

Bakhtiari was initially injured in Week 15 at Oakland and hasn’t played since. For the last two games, it’s been a game-time decision to deactivate him.

“We’ll see how he comes out of the work,” McCarthy said.

Wide receiver Davante Adams (knee) would not practice on Wednesday, McCarthy added.
Packers.com will have more following practice and locker room interviews.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully bak is pretty close to 100%. If not I think I'd rather roll with Tretter.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully bak is pretty close to 100%. If not I think I'd rather roll with Tretter.
The way Tretter played it's no wonder Bakhtiari is back practicing. Other than that one early sack he and the rest of the line played a solid game.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did get the benefit of playing the weak side of the Wash pass rush but a 100% Tretter is better than an 80% Bak who will get called for at least 2 holding penalties playing on an injured ankle

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did get the benefit of playing the weak side of the Wash pass rush but a 100% Tretter is better than an 80% Bak who will get called for at least 2 holding penalties playing on an injured ankle
Kerrigan moved over there sometimes.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay Packers – Official Blog | News now! Packers full of energy and confidence

GREEN BAY — Mike McCarthy says the Packers are energetic and confident with two days to go before Saturday night’s NFC divisional playoff at Arizona.

“There’s a type of energy you tap into, and that definitely exists in our locker room,” McCarthy said prior to Thursday’s practice. “It’s something we spoke about. Every challenge is different, every team is different. This is a distinctly different football team that has a lot of energy and a lot of confidence right now.”

Cornerback Sam Shields is scheduled to do more work in practice on Thursday than he did Wednesday, moving closer to potentially full medical clearance from his concussion. Shields has missed the last four games.

“The work today will hopefully complete the protocol,” McCarthy said. “But I don’t have anything to announce until he completes the protocol.”

Left tackle David Bakhtiari was also slated for more practice work, and McCarthy called it a “big day” for him.

The Packers also might get back special teams standout Jayrone Elliott, who has missed the last three games with a quad injury. He ranked third on the team in the regular season with 11 coverage tackles.

“Jayrone is one of our best special teams players,” McCarthy said. “He’s a good matchup for us. He’s definitely the body type that you look for on special teams. He plays all the core units. It would be great to get him back.”