• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Rangers(2) vs. Philadelphia Flyers(3) | ECQF

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, all kinds of shit happens at the bottom of a football pile.

I daresay if the NHL starts REALLY punishing cheap shot behavior, fighting will go down. Fighting is happening because the refs and the NHL ARE NOT DOING their damned job.

30 years ago. Not so much now.

I agree with your second point, Bird. But it goes the other way, too.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the reason Suh (Not Hsu, you Chinese pinko commie bastard!) stomped that guy was because the guy he stomped was told to get under Suh's skin by untying Suh's shoes. You can look that up. The other team was trying all kinds of cheap shit to frustrate and rattle a player they knew would eventually retaliate - and he eventually did.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the reason Suh (Not Hsu, you Chinese pinko commie bastard!) stomped that guy was because the guy he stomped was told to get under Suh's skin by untying Suh's shoes. You can look that up. The other team was trying all kinds of cheap shit to frustrate and rattle a player they knew would eventually retaliate - and he eventually did.

LOL.

So you're saying that cheap shit led to other cheap shit? I rest my case, your honor.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

So you're saying that cheap shit led to other cheap shit? I rest my case, your honor.

It did not lead to a brawl, however, because just penalties were handed out. I'll kick my feet up, too. Crack me a beer, please!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I daresay if the NHL starts REALLY punishing cheap shot behavior, fighting will go down. Fighting is happening because the refs and the NHL ARE NOT DOING their damned job.

Agreed! And don't play favorites suspend guys for it and it will slowly disappear.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I've never seen so much nut-whacking in the NHL ever before. This seems like something brand new but maybe I just never noticed it before?

If it's new, it's not because fighting was suddenly allowed to be legal.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby made it popular..problem is that he likes it....

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

30 years ago. Not so much now.

3ede.jpg

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I've never seen so much nut-whacking in the NHL ever before. This seems like something brand new but maybe I just never noticed it before?

If it's new, it's not because fighting was suddenly allowed to be legal.

:think:

I may need to photoshop Ed Belfour's face onto the Joker and have "I'm just ahead of the curve" written underneath.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did not lead to a brawl, however, because just penalties were handed out. I'll kick my feet up, too. Crack me a beer, please!

Not this time. Sometimes it does. Does it carry over to the next game? Sometimes.

Do you disagree that violence begets other violence?

Do you not think that when you have a more extreme end of violence, that lesser forms of violence lose their absolute value and take on more of a relative value in relation to that extreme?

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this time. Sometimes it does. Does it carry over to the next game? Sometimes.

Do you disagree that violence begets other violence?

Do you not think that when you have a more extreme end of violence, that lesser forms of violence lose their absolute value and take on more of a relative value in relation to that extreme?

I'll answer with your answer. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.

If you're going to crack down on fighting, make sure to REALLY crack down on nutcracking (and the like) 'cause anger and frustration will always find an outlet. Ban fighting and allow the tons and tons of cheap shots to continue, and you will have an explosion of nutcracking. Hand out just punishments and if someone gets nutcracked, they won't retaliate because they'll know the other guy just lost $100,000+.

As an aside, I'd much rather get punched in the face than in the nuts. Do you disagree?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of this conversation/debate occurring in this thread is just lovely.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll answer with your answer. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.

If you're going to crack down on fighting, make sure to REALLY crack down on nutcracking (and the like) 'cause anger and frustration will always find an outlet. Ban fighting and allow the tons and tons of cheap shots to continue, and you will have an explosion of nutcracking. Hand out just punishments and if someone gets nutcracked, they won't retaliate because they'll know the other guy just lost $100,000+.

As an aside, I'd much rather get punched in the face than in the nuts. Do you disagree?

I agree on having to have a serious policy on cheap shots that go along with it.

To the last question, without a cup, definitely rather be punched. With a cup, tough call. Still probably rather get punched, but it was 10 punches vs. a nut shot with a cup, you can smack my jimmies, WW.