• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. Purdue -- Game 9

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I'm incapable of observing that when the opponent was punting there was neither a rush OR a return set up by Nebraska.

I had a good idea why they were doing what they were doing, but as you allude I didn't know for sure because I wasn't at practice or team meetings.

What I did know was that it was FUCKING STUPID and led to POOR FIELD POSITION over and over and over and over.

I'm fully capable of observing that Charlie Weis, Rick Neuheisal, et al are terrible coaches. I don't need to wait for them to be fired to come up with that "idea".

Not sure if I am saying what I need to say. That's fine. My bad. You are being mighty defensive, so I am obviously losing the idea between my mind and my fingers.

I still do not understand your statement that I bolded.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Easy there tiger. All I am saying is that if you see something that appears wrong, but don't know how to coach it yourself to be right, then you really have no idea what you are talking about. All your number crunching might make it look obvious to you, but that is just you not knowing what you are looking at.

As to the bolded, wtf are you talking about?

It's typical for RA to cut down other poster's opinions. He's the board genius, or so he thinks he is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I am saying what I need to say. That's fine. My bad. You are being mighty defensive, so I am obviously losing the idea between my mind and my fingers.

I still do not understand your statement that I bolded.

HWSNBN = He Who Shall Not Be Named = Bill Callahan

My question
You seriously thought HWSNBN teams were horrible due to things beyond your expertise?

Was in reply to..

Originally Posted by Tomhusker

With all due respect BFM, "We" aren't seeing anything. "WE" are seeing something that is beyond "our" expertise, experience and knowledge to really understand.

My point is... You really think someone needs to be in on all the intricacies of the coaches head to determine whether he's a good coach or a bad coach? It's beyond their expertise to determine a well coached team and a poorly coached team?

Do you think Callahan should have been retained because the reason Nebraska was getting their shit pushed in was beyond your expertise?

LMAO!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ zorbie thumbing down my posts.

Gee, a 10 year old would thumb him down right back, no?

LOL Naw, I'll just let him be my little bitch.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HWSNBN = He Who Shall Not Be Named = Bill Callahan

My question

Was in reply to..

My point is... You really think someone needs to be in on all the intricacies of the coaches head to determine whether he's a good coach or a bad coach? It's beyond their expertise to determine a well coached team and a poorly coached team?

Do you think Callahan should have been retained because the reason Nebraska was getting their shit pushed in was beyond your expertise?

LMAO!!!!

First, to address the point. Yes he should have been fired.

Second, and this is gonna really go over well with you, my level of expertise is way beyond whatever you think yours is. I have seen more games live from the sidelines as a coach than most on here have seen on TV. I have taught at various camps around the country featuring some of the biggest names in coaching (at the time anyway, it's been a while) at both the college and pro level.
You see a score, a turnover or two. You don't see the fine points. And that is fine. You shouldn't.

I now expect you to blast me, call me a liar, blow your horn and mention some ridiculous stat that makes you sound like the man. Go ahead. I am resigned to accept your level of denial.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect BFM, "We" aren't seeing anything. "WE" are seeing something that is beyond "our" expertise, experience and knowledge to really understand.

so did it take an expert to realize our special was terrible to this season when Bo finally fixed it.

or did we need an expert to figure out why tmart was playing hurt

do we need expert to figure out why we turn the ball over it big games or why we choke in big games

do we need an expert to figure out our passing woes??

what about our snap issue do we need an expert to see and analyze that

I know I'm not an "expert" so can we find one to fix some of our confusing issue for the avg fan to understand. please and thank you sir

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, to address the point. Yes he should have been fired.

Second, and this is gonna really go over well with you, my level of expertise is way beyond whatever you think yours is. I have seen more games live from the sidelines as a coach than most on here have seen on TV. I have taught at various camps around the country featuring some of the biggest names in coaching (at the time anyway, it's been a while) at both the college and pro level.
You see a score, a turnover or two. You don't see the fine points. And that is fine. You shouldn't.

I now expect you to blast me, call me a liar, blow your horn and mention some ridiculous stat that makes you sound like the man. Go ahead. I am resigned to accept your level of denial.

So you were an elite coach, huh?

What happened?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you were an elite coach, huh?

What happened?

Who said anything about elite? Hell, I didn't even say I was a GOOD coach. I knew my job, and I coached my job. I was never fired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make me pop some corn sirs.

Allow me.

prod_can-sport-huskers-M.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Yeaahhhhhhh

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to act like an expert on how a spread offense should be ran or coached however I do know dozens of other teams seem to operate some form of it quite effectively, some at a championship level and with multiple coaching changes, and with players that aren't exactly on the deans list, however we struggle with it on a consistent basis.

I wasn't receptive to a Scott Frost as our OC previously but his team is one of those that appear to have it down

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL @ zorbie thumbing down my posts.

Gee, a 10 year old would thumb him down right back, no?

LOL Naw, I'll just let him be my little bitch.

I'm not your bitch. Where did you get that term, from Disney?