• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Michigan

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, he's good...

Did I say that either? :L

The dude is a 19 year old true freshman! I have no idea how he will develop as a running back, because he hasn't had time to develop. Unlike you I don't have a crystal ball that can see the future.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone seen MB9? Haven't seen him this afternoon or evening........

Is he getting drunk at a reception again?

we might want to call someone........

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolverine coach Brady Hoke explains what is wrong with his football team:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY]Brady Hoke: Philosopher King - YouTube[/ame]

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say that either? :L

The dude is a 19 year old true freshman! I have no idea how he will develop as a running back, because he hasn't had time to develop. Unlike you I don't have a crystal ball that can see the future.

No crystal ball, just a good eye for real talent.

We have a true freshman Elliot that has already had a 200 yard game this season. Dude is the real deal. Green just doesn't look like the kind of guy who will develop into a elite RB in the Big Ten. (Some dogs hunt as pups) Just telling it how I see it. Michigan is what -69 yards in their last two games. That's beyond ridiculous for any team, especially a Michigan team coached by a Michigan man.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No crystal ball, just a good eye for real talent.

We have a true freshman Elliot that has already had a 200 yard game this season. Dude is the real deal. Green just doesn't look like the kind of guy who will develop into a elite RB in the Big Ten. (Some dogs hunt as pups) Just telling it how I see it. Michigan is what -69 yards in their last two games. That's beyond ridiculous for any team, especially a Michigan team coached by a Michigan man.

And again, Ohio St has a vetern O-Line. A good O-line can make an average RB seem elite. I mean heck a big reason Mike Hart had so much success was because he had Jake Long and the rest of that O-line creating holes I could run through.

And that rushing stat is a little misleading, because it includes the yards lost off a sack. Though admittedly even if you exclude those yards, the rushing yards still suck. Also Fitz is getting 90+% of the carries, so the sample size on Green is incredibly small. So if you can predict how he'll develop given those factors, that's quite the eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, Ohio St has a vetern O-Line. A good O-line can make an average RB seem elite. I mean heck a big reason Mike Hart had so much success was because he had Jake Long and the rest of that O-line creating holes I could run through.

And that rushing stat is a little misleading, because it includes the yards lost off a sack. Though admittedly even if you exclude those yards, the rushing yards still suck. Also Fitz is getting 90+% of the carries, so the sample size on Green is incredible small. So if you can predict how he'll develop given those factors, that's quite the eye.

Call me out when dude is top 3 among back in the Big Ten.

Here just take a look at him. If your strength coach is getting these kinds of results, then you shouldn't have any future problems on defense. lol

unKVxPx.jpg

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me out when dude is top 3 among back in the Big Ten.

Here just take a look at him. If your strength coach is getting these kinds of results, then you shouldn't have any future problems on defense. lol

unKVxPx.jpg

My god you just aren't getting it, Derrick Green is a T-R-U-E F-R-E-S-H-M-A-N! He hasn't even had 6 months with the strength and conditioning program. And he has a grand total of 32 carries, compared to Fitz's 163. And Elliot has a O-Line that has two redshirt seniors, two seniors and one sophomore. Michigan's got 2 red shirt seniors, two redshirt sophmores and a redshirt freshman. You cannot compare results because they are operating under different conditions. :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah Nebraska!!!!! We just saved Bo Pelini's job - so enjoy that shit! Who's the winner now!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now how exactly can you say that? The guy is a true freshman who has what, a dozen or so touches all year. Not to mention most of the running game problems start at the O-line. So where are you getting that assement from?

Ron Dayne was considerably larger than Green is now and did ok at tailback (assuming you think winning the Heisman means you did ok).

Green is a freshman. He needs strength and conditioning for sure. That being said, he is still better than Fitz TouchmeandImdown. At least he looks like he has the potential to have positive momentum and fall down for a couple of yards.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Dayne was considerably larger than Green is now and did ok at tailback (assuming you think winning the Heisman means you did ok).

Green is a freshman. He needs strength and conditioning for sure. That being said, he is still better than Fitz TouchmeandImdown. At least he looks like he has the potential to have positive momentum and fall down for a couple of yards.

Green is and will be better than Fitz it's just Hoke doing his run the team into the ground trick.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is and will be better than Fitz it's just Hoke doing his run the team into the ground trick.

It's hard to run a team into the ground, when it is already there. That is exactly the condition Hoke found this program when he took over from Rich Rod.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah Nebraska!!!!! We just saved Bo Pelini's job - so enjoy that shit! Who's the winner now!

I think his job is only saved because there will be openings in Texas, California(USC), and Florida at the end of this year. Those three recruiting hotbeds will garner lots of attention from top coaching candidates. Why would any team want to take the leftovers after those three schools have chosen their coach? Nebraska did that in 2003/2004.

As long as the Cornhuskers do not get blown out, Pelini is safe.

If Michigan State comes in and puts a whipping on Nebraska next Saturday, it will add fuel to the fire. Then there is the road trip to Penn State and then hosting Iowa. Pelini still has a chance to throw his hat in the rings for Texas, USC, Florida, U Conn, FAU, Grambling State, and Eastern Michigan.