• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 B10 West

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolute shitshow of all shitshows.

Arguably the worst division in all of P5 football history. Iowa, at 4-2 leads the tallest midget contest and just won a game 10-7 after setting a record for the lowest O/U wagering line in the history of college football wagering in Vegas. Not to be outdone, that record has been reset with the 28.5 O/U in their game against Rutgers next weekend.

My crapshow Huskers lost to a shit awful Michigan State team that has thrown in the towel, and with Wisconsin, both teams gave the bottom dwelling B10 East teams their first conference wins of the season.

Take away Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State, and the rest of the B10 is an FCS level conference.

With all the money and NIL these teams can afford, it is impossible to see just how bad this conference is right now.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolute shitshow of all shitshows.

Arguably the worst division in all of P5 football history. Iowa, at 4-2 leads the tallest midget contest and just won a game 10-7 after setting a record for the lowest O/U wagering line in the history of college football wagering in Vegas. Not to be outdone, that record has been reset with the 28.5 O/U in their game against Rutgers next weekend.

My crapshow Huskers lost to a shit awful Michigan State team that has thrown in the towel, and with Wisconsin, both teams gave the bottom dwelling B10 East teams their first conference wins of the season.

Take away Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State, and the rest of the B10 is an FCS level conference.

With all the money and NIL these teams can afford, it is impossible to see just how bad this conference is right now.
I don't get it actually. not getting enough of the elite coaches? but I remember plenty of years Wisky, Iowa, Mich. St., and Illinois were good teams.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these BIG West teams are gonna have a get together with "reality" when some of these top end PAC-12 teams show up and divisions are abolished.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for the other teams but I've spent 5+ years hearing people laugh about how bad Iowas offense is and how they're " going to get rolled by teams from ________ conference when they run up against them"

Yet every time they do Iowa kicks their ass to the tune of 10-1 vs B12/P12/SEC/ACC teams over the past 6 years with 4 of those wins coming over top 25 teams and most in blowout fashon

So, ya know, its whatever

There are a lot of teams with great offenses who suddenly look pretty shitty on offense when they play a great D

Maybe this time those people will be right and iowa will get crushed in their bowl. Could happen. The offense is awful.

But i just really really doubt it

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have to call bullshit on some of the shit talk about the West. Iowa is 7-2, and was screwed by the refs. they easily should be 8-1 right now. and looking at the rankings, should be in the top 25. may not be pretty, but the defense would keep them in games. compare them to many of the teams ranked 20-25....... sorry, but I'd take iowa over many of them. james madison for starters.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division is a fucking embarrassment. It makes the old ACC Coastal look competent.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for the other teams but I've spent 5+ years hearing people laugh about how bad Iowas offense is and how they're " going to get rolled by teams from ________ conference when they run up against them"

Yet every time they do Iowa kicks their ass to the tune of 10-1 vs B12/P12/SEC/ACC teams over the past 6 years with 4 of those wins coming over top 25 teams and most in blowout fashon

There are a lot of teams with great offenses who suddenly look pretty shitty on offense when they play a great D

Maybe this time those people will be right and iowa will get crushed in their bowl. Could happen. The offense is awful.

Just for those keeping score at home - here are the P5 matchups since 2013 when you eliminate their rival Iowa State.

Kentucky 21-0 (bowl)
Kentucky 17-20 (bowl)
USC 49-24 (bowl)
Miss State 22-17 (bowl)

Boston College 27-20 (bowl)
Florida 3-30 (bowl)
Pitt 27-24
Stanford 16-45 (bowl)
Pitt 24-20
Tennessee 28-45 (bowl)

Real world beaters over here, guys.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for those keeping score at home - here are the P5 matchups since 2013 when you eliminate their rival Iowa State.

Kentucky 21-0 (bowl)
Kentucky 17-20 (bowl)
USC 49-24 (bowl)
Miss State 22-17 (bowl)

Boston College 27-20 (bowl)
Florida 3-30 (bowl)
Pitt 27-24
Stanford 16-45 (bowl)
Pitt 24-20
Tennessee 28-45 (bowl)

Insane grifting.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insane grifting.
I realize that the B1G has played 9 conference games for a while and their primary rival is a P5 OOC, but only two noncon P5 games other than that in a decade? That's charmin soft.

And before he tries to talk shit, VT has 14 noncon P5 match ups in that same window.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean who do you think Iowa is playing in Bowls?? Lol

UK was top 25 as was USC and Miss St and ISU was top 25 twice in the past 5 yeasts when we best them too

If you're saying Iowa cash beat UGA/Bama types then well.... no shit

No one can lol

But the notion Iowa is going to get consistently rolled by the UCLA/USC/UW of the world is just silly honestly

Those schools are on the same level as Wisconsin and Iowa the laat 10-15 years . Maybe worse

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean who do you think Iowa is playing in Bowls?? Lol

UK was top 25 as was USC and Miss St and ISU was top 25 twice in the past 5 yeasts when we best them too

If you're saying Iowa cash beat UGA/Bama types then well.... no shit

No one can lol

But the notion Iowa is going to get consistently rolled by the UCLA/USC/UW of the world is just silly honestly

Those schools are on the same level as Wisconsin and Iowa the laat 10-15 years . Maybe worse
Bless your heart.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has to be the premier Results trumping process program in CFB as of late.
Iowas process is probably the best in the country

Which is why the results are there

It's why a school who consistently ranks in the 40s fir recruiting produces more NFL players than all but like 8-10 college teams

It is what it is

I don't blame people for being bored as fuck when they watch Iowa play. In an Iowa fan and i can barely watch it

But the reality is that when you're elite, like ELITE, in 2 of the 3 phases of the game your going to win way more than you lose

It just looks different with Iowa because the one area they're not elite in they are AWFUL in and it's the one area that gets 90% of the hype in CFB

But being great on defense and special teams is no different practically than being great on offense and special teams

And it's better than just being great on offense at least as it pertains to actually winning the game

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the heck are you smoking?
Over the past 6 season (2017-2022) Iowa has played 20 non-conference games including 5 bowl games.

Those 20 games involved: two vs FCS, eight vs G5 teams, and ten vs P5 (with 5 vs ISU). In the 10 games vs P5 teams Iowa is 8-2 (not 10-1).

In those 10 games, Iowa finished ranked 6 times and only ONE (not 4) of Iowa's opponents ended up ranked in the AP top 25 (and Iowa LOST that one to #18 Kentucky). Also, over the past 6 seasons, Iowa has only played 16 teams TOTAL that finished in the AP top 25 and Iowa is 2-14.

In the ten games vs P5 teams the Iowa point differentials were: +25, +21, +10, +10, +7, +5, +3, +1, -3, and -3. So, in your world any win by Iowa that is over 5 points is considered a "blowout"?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck are you smoking?
Over the past 6 season (2017-2022) Iowa has played 20 non-conference games including 5 bowl games.

Those 20 games involved: two vs FCS, eight vs G5 teams, and ten vs P5 (with 5 vs ISU). In the 10 games vs P5 teams Iowa is 8-2 (not 10-1).

In those 10 games, Iowa finished ranked 6 times and only ONE (not 4) of Iowa's opponents ended up ranked in the AP top 25 (and Iowa LOST that one to #18 Kentucky). Also, over the past 6 seasons, Iowa has only played 16 teams TOTAL that finished in the AP top 25 and Iowa is 2-14.

In the ten games vs P5 teams the Iowa point differentials were: +25, +21, +10, +10, +7, +5, +3, +1, -3, and -3. So, in your world any win by Iowa that is over 5 points is considered a "blowout"?
Nah you're wrong

MSU was ranked in 18 when Iowa beat them as was USC in 19

And ISU was ranked in 21 ( top 10 actually ) when Iowa beat them

And UK in 21 was out only loss in the last 6 years in a bowl to a P5 opponent ( UK was also ranked and won a last second TD )

Iowa has defeated ISU 6 times and has 1 bowl loss 2017 to now

And their average MOV in those Bowls in 13 ppg with 2 wins by 20+

Not sure what you're looking at but it's not right

Last edited:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these BIG West teams are gonna have a get together with "reality" when some of these top end PAC-12 teams show up and divisions are abolished.

USC, UCLA, Washington, and Oregon aren't going to enjoy the B10.

California has forever been picked upon by every other P5 conference in which it is supposed to supply nearly 80% the the NFL talent of the entire P12 league.

Now they open it up to the home and aways with the biggest TV market in college football.

Enjoy the 8AM starts with your Cum Latte Mocha Choca Espressos with extra cream while you can enjoy them. :wink:

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah you're wrong

MSU was ranked in 18 when Iowa beat them as was USC in 19

And ISU was ranked in 21 ( top 10 actually ) when Iowa beat them

And UK in 21 was out only loss in the last 6 years in a bowl to a P5 opponent ( UK was also ranked and won a last second TD )

Iowa has defeated ISU 6 times and has 1 bowl loss 2017 to now

And their average MOV in those Bowls in 13 ppg with 2 wins by 20+

Not sure what you're looking at but it's not right

A) Are you channeling your inner "fredsdeadfriend"? Iowa? Really?

B) No one cares what teams were ranked AT GAME-TIME. The latest poll is always the most accurate metric and since those seasons are over - the FINAL poll would be the latest poll. Read my post again! I kept saying "finished ranked" or "ended up ranked" for a reason!

C) I love the "MOV" rather than "point differential". This year, in their TWO wins Vanderbilt has an average "MOV" this year +20.5! In Vandy's EIGHT loses they have an average "MOL" of -17!

D) How could Iowa have beaten ISU 6 times? In 2020, Iowa only played 8 games and ALL were IN conference! In 6 season Iowa has played ISU as their ONLY P5 OOC team in the regular season and ISU hasn't been ranked ONCE over that span.

E) In 6 seasons (really only 5 season for OOC) Iowa has played 20 OOC teams including 5 Bowl games and only ONCE managed to play ranked team (lost that game).

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B) No one cares what teams were ranked AT GAME-TIME. The latest poll is always the most accurate metric and since those seasons are over - the FINAL poll would be the latest poll. Read my post again! I kept saying "finished ranked" or "ended up ranked" for a reason!

C) I love the "MOV" rather than "point differential". This year, in their TWO wins Vanderbilt has an average "MOV" this year +20.5! In Vandy's EIGHT loses they have an average "MOL" of -17!

D) How could Iowa have beaten ISU 6 times? In 2020, Iowa only played 8 games and ALL were IN conference! In 6 season Iowa has played ISU as their ONLY P5 OOC team in the regular season and ISU hasn't been ranked ONCE over that span.

E) In 6 seasons (really only 5 season for OOC) Iowa has played 20 OOC teams including 5 Bowl games and only ONCE managed to play ranked team (lost that game).
Where would those teams have finished in the rankings had they not lost to Iowa? Your "punishing" Iowa for beating ranked teams and knocking them out of the top 25

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I legit don't know what you're arguing

Iowa is 10-2 the last 6 years vs other P5 that's a fact

3 of those games were vs season ending top 25 teams and 2 others were vs teams who were ranked at the time

And the combined scores of those games is iowa +82 with 3 of the wins coming by double digits and both losses coming by 3 on late rds by the other team

I'm not "championing" anything

Don't need to

Iowas offense has been shitty for 6 years and they still beat the shit out of the other P5 leagues they play

As i said if you're assertion is Iowa can't beat the elite P5 programs that correct. No one does

But this was in response to the P12 yeams coming in and none of those programs are elite the last decade plus. Closest is Oregon who is ostensibly a slightly better version of Wisconsin results wise

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would those teams have finished in the rankings had they not lost to Iowa? Your "punishing" Iowa for beating ranked teams and knocking them out of the top 25
Do you think that the polls "pick" on Iowa or do you think that it happens to all teams? When teams win they tend to go up and when they lose they tend to go down. It happens every week of the season and NOT just when Iowa plays teams!