• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NebHuskers v Indianer Football.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure on the first two, I agree with the last.

WR definitely seems a weakness, although I thought they performed good today outside the fumble.

D - I see mistakes all over the field. I just have a hard time blaming it all on the coach. I understand he's ultimately responsible but I'd like to see it with some different players.

I would add a new D coordinator.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WR definitely seems a weakness, although I thought they performed good today outside the fumble.

D - I see mistakes all over the field. I just have a hard time blaming it all on the coach. I understand he's ultimately responsible but I'd like to see it with some different players.
I'm not convinced that Chin has a grasp on pressuring the qb.
I don't know how many times the Indiana qb had all day to get a pass off due to only rushing 4.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing on the defense that was a dull spot, let alone a bright spot.

I said it in some other game thread, I do not think Chinander is a P5 defensive coordinator. I also would like Greg Austin to hit the road.

PJ Fleck fired his D coordinator last year, and has gone 11-1 since then.
Wisconsin fired their Offensive line coach after a loss to Nebraska during the Pelini years.

Firing coaches during the season has happened in the past, and can work.

Right now, the only coaches I like are Mario Verduzco and Ryan Held.

Jack Cooper is the Defensive Quality Control dude. What the heck does he even do? Is his brother Steve Cooper who is the Offensive Quality Control dude? And just what the heck do they do? Offensive quality sucked the previous three weeks, and defensive quality has sucked since Big Ten play started.

Oh well, see you next week. Nebraska has a shot against Purdue. But then, Purdue has a shot against Nebraska. That game is a 50-50.

Wisconsin is a slaughter, and a loss. Wisconsin players love nothing more than just crushing Nebraska each year.

Nebraska and Maryland each have a chance to beat the other team. That game is a 50-50.

Iowa is a loss. Not sure about a slaughter, but by then the team might have quit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chinander's D was highly questionable at UCF.

Not sure he's the guy, but not calling for his head this year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing on the defense that was a dull spot, let alone a bright spot.

I said it in some other game thread, I do not think Chinander is a P5 defensive coordinator. I also would like Greg Austin to hit the road.

PJ Fleck fired his D coordinator last year, and has gone 11-1 since then.
Wisconsin fired their Offensive line coach after a loss to Nebraska during the Pelini years.

Firing coaches during the season has happened in the past, and can work.

Right now, the only coaches I like are Mario Verduzco and Ryan Held.

Jack Cooper is the Defensive Quality Control dude. What the heck does he even do? Is his brother Steve Cooper who is the Offensive Quality Control dude? And just what the heck do they do? Offensive quality sucked the previous three weeks, and defensive quality has sucked since Big Ten play started.

Oh well, see you next week. Nebraska has a shot against Purdue. But then, Purdue has a shot against Nebraska. That game is a 50-50.

Wisconsin is a slaughter, and a loss. Wisconsin players love nothing more than just crushing Nebraska each year.

Nebraska and Maryland each have a chance to beat the other team. That game is a 50-50.

Iowa is a loss. Not sure about a slaughter, but by then the team might have quit.

Frost's loyalty is going to get tested.

Frost's mentor is Tom Osborne.

Tom Osborne will tell you he never had to fire an assistant coach in his 25 years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 4 games remaining. Let's see some true freshman.

No worries about burning red-shirts now... They can play in 4 games.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
On Big Red Overreaction a caller had stated that on 3rd downs only nebraska gave up 185 yards, Benning stated, he thought the caller was a 100 yards off, toward the end of the show Damon totaled the 3rd down yards by Indiana. Nebraska gave up 167 yards on 3rd downs only.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the staff the way it is. I am willing to give this coaching staff 4 years before I start calling for their heads. However 3rd and Long is a really big thorn in my ass.

let them start coaching their players next year lets see how their players do. but in all honesty next year could be even worse because we lose so much up front on the dline.

This will take a while maybe by year 5?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chinander's D was highly questionable at UCF.

Not sure he's the guy, but not calling for his head this year.
Was it? I don't recall that. But they were in a lower league with lesser players and were able to convert a 1 handed safety into one of the most feared pass rushers which even got that player drafted to the NFL. They haven't found a single guy like that at Nebraska yet.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It appears that Frost is trying his best to avoid a QB controversy by not allowing Luke to pass more. The urgency isn't there like it should be to get this team to a bowl game. Now the margin for error is very slim. Since beating Iowa or Wisky would be an absolute miracle for this stumbling bumbling team, it all comes down to beating two awful teams on the road that may both be better than Nebraska to get a bowl bid. If this crap continues next season, I'm going to be forced to change my signature back to, "How can we win, how can we win"? Joking aside, considering that our defense resembles liquid shit flowing through a tin horn, the two times Frost decided to go for field goals, they desperately needed to ditch that idea and try their best to get td's. At the end of the game, those two td's would have given us a 42-38 lead, and maybe a sliver of hope for a win. I hate to say this, but I believe Nebraska was better towards the end of last season than they are presently.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting needs to improve and what I mean by that is right players or this coaching staff not necessarily stars or class ranking even though I want a top ten recruiting class.
A lot of room to improve. It would be the Nebraska way to take our time in getting this Frost legacy going 5-6 years and I still believe it will be a well oiled machine just may take longer then we want.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be completely optimistic one might assume the worse our team is here and now will just make it all the more sweet when they do compete for the West/B1G Champs/Playoffs with better talent.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shake weight.

Get rid of all the California players recruit Georgia Florida and heartland

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it? I don't recall that. But they were in a lower league with lesser players and were able to convert a 1 handed safety into one of the most feared pass rushers which even got that player drafted to the NFL. They haven't found a single guy like that at Nebraska yet.

USF and Memphis put a bunch of points on them.

Total Defense: 93rd
Rushing Defense: 59th
Passing Yds Allwd: 117th
Scoring Defense: 52

NCAA Statistics

I wasn't expecting the defense to be great this season. I expected shootouts.
I haven't gotten the offense I was expecting to get those shootouts.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chinander's defense did create a lot of turnovers.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get something figured out. The only things they are creating right now are heart problems and high blood pressure.