• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 8 Recap II

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eight weeks down, nine to go. San Francisco and Green Bay seem in good shape, but every other division is a mess. This week-the Steelers break through, the Rams get a win, the Ravens fight back, and the Chargers collapse in a totally new way. Here we go:

Week 8 Power Rankings:

32. Indianapolis Colts-I initially though Curtis Painter would lead them to a few wins, and they'd wind up drafting around 3rd or 4th. I change my mind.
31. Miami Dolphins-Another week, another blown lead. Maybe they should try falling behind, then coming back insead...oh wait, they already tried that.
30. Arizona Cardinals-Thanks Arizona! Sincerely, The Bengals and Steelers.
29. Denver Broncos-I've made a lot of fun of Tebow, and he does stink, but so does this entire team. Is Josh McDaniels secretly still in charge?
28. St Louis Rams-Caught a little bit of World Series fever and just blindsided the Saints. Don't expect this to be a trend.
27. Seattle Seahawks-They should never start Charlie Whitehurst again. NEVER.
26. Cleveland Browns-The Browns RB situation is in shambles right now. The good news is that the rest of the team blows, so you don't notice as much.
25. Washington Redskins-Making a late run at the Andrew Luck sweepstakes?
24. Jacksonville Jaguars-They'll win a few more games with their defense, but the offense is just terrible.
23. Carolina Panthers-I keep ranking them up a little because they keep playing well enough to win, but at some point, they actually have to win one.
22. Minnesota Vikings-Christian Ponder has them on the right track. Can you even call the McNabb era an era? More like the McNabb interlude. Bye Bye Donovan.
21. Dallas Cowboys-Got dominated in every way, shape, and form on national TV. Can we please stop being forced to watch them every week?
20. Tennessee Titans-Nothing like a game against the Colts to get one in the win column.
19. Oakland Raiders-Palmer got a week to learn, so we'll see if the Raiders still have a playoff shot.
18. San Diego Chargers-That was one of the most astounding, ridiculous, shocking, crazy ways to lose a game as I've ever seen. Maybe they should have started 2-5 after all.
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Coming out of a bye week with the Saints, Texans, and Packers. Yikes. Thank you NFL schedule makers.
16. Chicago Bears-Their offensive line will be tested on Monday night against the Eagles. Hope the bye week helped.
15. Kansas City Chiefs-Got a gift from the football gods..or Philip Rivers anyway.
14. New York Jets-They can make their season the next two weeks with games against the 2 teams in front of them.
13. Philadelphia Eagles-Well, if this week was any indication, the Eagles might finally be ready to play football.
12. Cincinnati Bengals-They've taken care of business against the teams they should beat, now they get some real teams to show what they're made of.
11. New York Giants-If you want to see a brutal schedule, look at theirs. Their "easiest" game in the next 5 weeks is the heating-up Eagles.
10. Atlanta Falcons-With the Saints loss, we have ourselves a race in the AFCS.
9. Houston Texans-I think it's safe to say that Arian Foster's injury is behind him.
8. Baltimore Ravens-The simply do not have a Super Bowl winning offense right now. They should send a gift basket to the Cardinal players for the collapse.
7. Detroit Lions-A bit classless with their antics, but put Tebowmania in a chokehold and almost killed it singlehandedly.
6. New Orleand Saints-I'll consider this an aberation for now.
5. Buffalo Bills-I really like this team. Dareus was an absolute beast and Fred Jackson deserves some MVP talk.
4. New England Patriots-I still think they win the East, but they have to fix that secondary and stop jettisoning players from it.
3. San Francisco 49ers-They have the NFCW wrapped up. If Harbaugh isn't coach of the year, they should stop giving the award out.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers-I heard they're old. The o-line stinks. They would have a down year. Somebody forgot to notify them of this.
1. Green Bay Packers-They'll lose eventually, but they're as fun to watch as any team in history.

MVPs of the Week:

LeSean McCoy-Ran roughshod on the #1 run defense in the NFL.
Rams Defense-Chris Long had 3 sacks, and they forced 3 turnovers.
Christian Ponder-Got his first win by being money when he needed it most.
Ben Roethlisberger-Broke a bad string by getting past New England.

Goats of the week:

Philip Rivers-Compounded his INTs with the biggest gag I've ever seen.
Tim Tebow-Didn't get any help, but looked awful.
Arizona Cardinals-Good job playing with a lead guys.
Olindo Mare-Way to have your QB's back.

Random Thoughts:

1. My fantasy team lost by .7 points. This is why fantasy football makes me want to punch myself in the face. I don't know why I play.
2. I'm not a Flacco fan. I think he's overrated.
3. I hate ESPN. The Bengals are 5-2, and yet again, not a mention of them during the halftime show last night.
4. Rob Ryan should really stop talking...completely.
5. Who would have thought the Chiefs would be in first place a few weeks ago?
6. I continue to LOL @ Chris Johnson. What a bum.