• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last Paul Goerge post and trade idea

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 is still in his prime, maybe just starting a decline, but still a very good player. Plus, he'll be playing with players who, by then, should be pretty fully developed as players. That still gives him 3-4 years of serious title contention (assuming the kids develop as expected/hoped).
As long as PG gets some help and isn't being forced into a situation like Kobe was stuck with I think George has some good years ahead of him

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that unless George commits to signing long term with a team he probably doesn't get much on the trade market.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, I really want PG to join the Lakers, but at this stage i'm just happy to wait till 2018 and get him for free.

Any team thinking and hoping to convince him to stay after a year is delusional. George wanted to come to LA before they freed cap space - now he can get a max contract too.

The Pacers are getting far too cocky at this point. If they think they can get much more than the Lakers have already offered, they're more moronic than wiggys posts.

So fuck Indiana - here's to them getting fuck all back in return.

A Lakers fan calling the Pacers cocky??? That's a hoot right there...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team that would trade anything of value for George for one year is moronic. I wouldn't want a player on my team looking to leave after a year. He'll never play to his fullest potential and he'll never come close to sacrificing himself for fear he'll lose out on a future contract.

If he doesn't agree to an extension, fuck him and the Pacers.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better quality thread cane. Good job @HurricaneDij39

Yeah at this point, I would do whatever it takes to ensure this flaming malcontent is not taking up a roster space heading into next year. If buying him out is what it would take, I would do it.

Even though Lance Stephenson made his case on instagram for him to return next year, I as a Pacers fan would be extremely discouraged if he's still on our roster during training camp given everything he himself put us through all of last year.

He's not about the team. He's all about Paul George.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must know a thing or two about sub-20 win seasons. I've never witnessed one unless you count the post-Jordan Bulls from 1999-2001.

Yes I do. But the Lakers are on their way up and the Pacers aren't.

So have fun crying and bitching for the entire season.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. But the Lakers are on their way up and the Pacers aren't.

So have fun crying and bitching for the entire season.

Not in that conference you aren't. In case you haven't noticed, I have another team that's going to make you it's bitch four times next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in that conference you aren't. In case you haven't noticed, I have another team that's going to make you it's bitch four times next season.

I forgot once your main team goes to shit you have a back up. A true fan!

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot once your main team goes to shit you have a back up. A true fan!

Nah, I'd be better off from a different country and piggybacking one of the teams with the most titles.:L

You see, I became a Nuggets fan when Carmelo Anthony was such a douche in 2011 during Coach Karl's cancer-recovery process. I haven't stopped rooting for them since. If that's not enough of a reason to become a fan of a team I don't know what is.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he is. He's just not about YOUR team. :dhd:

You ought to check out what Dan Dakich has to say on this matter on George. In case you don't know who he is, he played for Indiana University from 1981 through 1985. Born and raised in NW Indiana just like myself. He also guarded Michael Jordan is a game and held him to 13 points in a 1984 NCAA tournament win over North Carolina.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ought to check out what Dan Dakich has to say on this matter on George. In case you don't know who he is, he played for Indiana University from 1981 through 1985. Born and raised in NW Indiana just like myself. He also guarded Michael Jordan is a game and held him to 13 points in a 1984 NCAA tournament win over North Carolina.

So you bring a clip of a guy who is butthurt Indianan upset that he left, just like everyone else in Indiana to help make your point. Did you actually listen to what he said? He's rambling and literally makes no point.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you bring a clip of a guy who is butthurt Indianan upset that he left, just like everyone else in Indiana to help make your point. Did you actually listen to what he said? He's rambling and literally makes no point.

I did. Did you? I even had it on my FB wall for multiple weeks and got some significant views. And for the record, this clip came out before George was traded.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Did you? I even had it on my FB wall for multiple weeks and got some significant views. And for the record, this clip came out before George was traded.

If you think anything he said made any sense or there was any kind of point, you clearly didn't. Also, it may have been said before the actual trade, but it wasn't before his intentions were known. So, Dakich just comes across as another butthurt Indianan.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think anything he said made any sense or there was any kind of point, you clearly didn't. Also, it may have been said before the actual trade, but it wasn't before his intentions were known. So, Dakich just comes across as another butthurt Indianan.

Tell me honestly, was he wrong with what he said? Was he supposed to say anything different? Or are you just a naive west coast resident that believes he'll play harder on another team?

Just remember Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard. Both thought the grass would be greener on the other said but neither has been the same player since they left their original teams. Case and point, Denver has had a better record than the Knicks through the duration since the Carmelo trade, even though both teams have generally been consistently inconsistent.

All in all, I believe OKC is the best fit for George and hopefully he agrees. He'll get to settle in as a #2 scorer which I think is a more natural role for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me honestly, was he wrong with what he said?

Literally everything he said was wrong. Where were his complaints about PG's effort before the announcement? Where were his comments about George trying to "talk his way to being a star" before the announcement?

Or are you just a naive west coast resident that believes he'll play harder on another team?

Paul George is known throughout the league as being a guy who plays hard on both ends of the floor. But this butthurt Indianan thinks he knows more about it that literally every other GM, coach and player in the league?

As for his "effort." If he goes to the Lakers and gives the same level of effort I saw him giving on the Pacers...I'll have zero complaints.

Did you notice he said "everyone outside of Indiana thinks..."?

That should have been your first clue that he was full of shit. It's literally the "it's not me, everyone else is crazy" argument.

It's kind of like how you've never created any threads bashing PG until he decided to leave the Pacers.

Just remember Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard. Both thought the grass would be greener on the other said but neither has been the same player since they left their original teams. Case and point, Denver has had a better record than the Knicks through the duration since the Carmelo trade, even though both teams have generally been consistently inconsistent.

Wow, talk about your apples to oranges comparisons. Carmelo and Dwight's situations couldn't be any more different than PG's.

Carmelo forced a trade out of Denver and the Knicks had to give up so much to get him, he got to New York and found that all of the guys that he wanted to play with were gone. If PG goes to the Lakers, because the Pacers FO took literally the worst offer they received, the Lakers won't have to give up anything to get him.

Dwight was traded and didn't know what the hell he wanted. He changed his mind at least 3 or 4 times about whether or not he wanted to be traded and where he wanted to go before the Lakers took a risk and traded for him.

How's his career been since he left the Lakers?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is known throughout the league as being a guy who plays hard on both ends of the floor. But this butthurt Indianan thinks he knows more about it that literally every other GM, coach and player in the league?

As for his "effort." If he goes to the Lakers and gives the same level of effort I saw him giving on the Pacers...I'll have zero complaints.

Did you notice he said "everyone outside of Indiana thinks..."?

That should have been your first clue that he was full of shit. It's literally the "it's not me, everyone else is crazy" argument.

Dude, I'm not even sure the guy is even a Pacers fan. He went to HS at Andrean, which is up by me and much closer to Chicago than Indianapolis. What I do know is that he works for a radio show in Indianapolis and gets paid to talk about the Pacers, but that's the extent of really anyone's knowledge of his fanhood. The fact that you bash the credibility of Dan Dakich shows just how out of tune you are with this part of the country, and your multiple use of the false term "Indianan" further exemplifies this. We're called "Hoosiers". We're part of this great country just as you are. Take notes next time.

It's kind of like how you've never created any threads bashing PG until he decided to leave the Pacers.

I have. From March of 2014:
http://sportshoop.la/threads/paul-george-is-not-good-enough-to-live-or-die-by.137151/
Paul George is not good enough to live or die by...

Carmelo forced a trade out of Denver and the Knicks had to give up so much to get him, he got to New York and found that all of the guys that he wanted to play with were gone.

Right, 'Melo was busting at the ole bit hit entire career to play with Gallo and Wilson Chandler. Of course. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm not even sure the guy is even a Pacers fan. He went to HS at Andrean, which is up by me and much closer to Chicago than Indianapolis. What I do know is that he works for a radio show in Indianapolis and gets paid to talk about the Pacers, but that's the extent of really anyone's knowledge of his fanhood. The fact that you bash the credibility of Dan Dakich shows just how out of tune you are with this part of the country, and your multiple use of the false term "Indianan" further exemplifies this. We're called "Hoosiers". We're part of this great country just as you are. Take notes next time.

I don't give a single fuck what you think and I only use the term 'Hoosier' for folks from Indiana that I respect. You and Dan Dakich are Indianans.

Right, 'Melo was busting at the ole bit hit entire career to play with Gallo and Wilson Chandler. Of course. :L

You really are a special kind of stupid aren't you? Melo didn't go to the team he thought he was going to. He thought he was going to be the missing piece to a contender. For one, the team he thought he was going to had Chauncey Billups...until the Knicks included him in the trade.