• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's At Astros...Time To Bring It!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have a GM that can identify the right skipper, and he surely can't equip him with the right players to succeed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have a GM that can identify the right skipper, and he surely can't equip him with the right players to succeed.

Don't doubt that... We will have a hard time turning things around until we get new ownership... And then it trickle's down from there...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I can watch my buddy, Jeremy Affeldt pitch... Great series to get his era down... Just what the Doctor ordered in his last year of his contract...

Funny, I sat by a guy at spring training, can't remember what year but within the last 3, that was there to watch his buddy Jeremy Affeldt. I think he went to college with him or high school, but don't 100% remember. He has a lot of friends around the parks.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Saturday was a fluke?

Really, how do you zip back and forth, have a great game one day, then not even try the next?

Oh, wait, I forgot...Mariners' Baseball. They find a way.

So glad I don't have cable anymore.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Z should just be fired. How Montero hasn't been called up is beyond ridiculous IMO. You watch Seattle trade him and he'll be an all star somewhere else. You just f'ing watch. This M's org has been crap ever since the Adam Jones trade.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing it gets easier for the M's...

(4) against the Giants
(3) against the Astros
(3) against the Royals
(3) against the Angels
(2) against the Padres

15 straight games against teams .500 or better... :L

5-10 on that stretch?
5-10? Isn't that being a little overly-confident?

They'll be lucky to get three!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I sat by a guy at spring training, can't remember what year but within the last 3, that was there to watch his buddy Jeremy Affeldt. I think he went to college with him or high school, but don't 100% remember. He has a lot of friends around the parks.

Went to HS w/ him and my wife is close friends with his wife, Larisa... Jeremy also goes to our church... He's a great guy... We stay at his lake cabin each year while he and his family are away...

He's the reason my father in law and I went to ST this season... He got us great seats...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also went to school and played with Mike Hollis (K) Jaguars; Kevin Stocker (SS) Phillies in WS; mentored Jeremy Affeldt... I played competitive sports for most of my young life, it was fun to play with these guys...

I've been a fastpitch/softball coach for the past 11 years for my daughters team, it's been a blast... She made varsity as a freshman and is a lead off, switch hitter... She is 25 for 25 in stolen bases...

So for someone to say that i'm "new to the game" they need to plead ignorance...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to HS w/ him and my wife is close friends with his wife, Larisa... Jeremy also goes to our church... He's a great guy... We stay at his lake cabin each year while he and his family are away...

He's the reason my father in law and I went to ST this season... He got us great seats...

Pretty cool. I am pretty sure it wasn't this year I spoke to one of his friends, but it could be. I have no time gauge ability anymore so it could have been. Just funny it was about the same player. Small world.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also went to school and played with Mike Hollis (K) Jaguars; Kevin Stocker (SS) Phillies in WS; mentored Jeremy Affeldt... I played competitive sports for most of my young life, it was fun to play with these guys...

I've been a fastpitch/softball coach for the past 11 years for my daughters team, it's been a blast... She made varsity as a freshman and is a lead off, switch hitter... She is 25 for 25 in stolen bases...

So for someone to say that i'm "new to the game" they need to plead ignorance...

Pretty talented school with all those guys. Our area had Jason Schmidt, David Richie (was on a couple Super Bowls as bench player), Andy Mason (former Washington Huskie football player back in late 80's and started in Rose Bowl), and current Twin Trevor May. Only new Mason from basketball, but all were different ages.

I coached my daughters (now 21) fastpitch team as well for about 10 years. I admit I coached them more like baseball players since that is what I knew and played. Also coached her club basketball team for years. That was always my main sport. Played in junior college and was going to Division 3 college to play, but broke my foot early in my JC year and played on it 3/4th's of the year (not knowing it was broke) so it took years to heal and my time was done. Then went blind in one eye at age 22 and no chance at comeback.

Congrats on your daughter's high school success. Sounds like she is a real player. I hope she enjoys every minute of it.

Good talk.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I forgot Padres (now ex-manager) Bud Black grew up in my hometown as well as former Mariner from the past Rick Sweet who was buddies with Black.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty talented school with all those guys. Our area had Jason Schmidt, David Richie (was on a couple Super Bowls as bench player), Andy Mason (former Washington Huskie football player back in late 80's and started in Rose Bowl), and current Twin Trevor May. Only new Mason from basketball, but all were different ages.

I coached my daughters (now 21) fastpitch team as well for about 10 years. I admit I coached them more like baseball players since that is what I knew and played. Also coached her club basketball team for years. That was always my main sport. Played in junior college and was going to Division 3 college to play, but broke my foot early in my JC year and played on it 3/4th's of the year (not knowing it was broke) so it took years to heal and my time was done. Then went blind in one eye at age 22 and no chance at comeback.

Congrats on your daughter's high school success. Sounds like she is a real player. I hope she enjoys every minute of it.

Good talk.

Sweet... Love hearing about different players that people know... You tend to forget at times that they're just regular guys...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up, my next door neighbor's Mom's cousin was Dwight Evans... Dwight Evans and his family would visit over the holidays and he'd go out with all us kids on the cold-a-sac and play football... He was the permanent QB for both teams... Lot's a fun... He'd sign our mitts, balls, etc... That's how I became a Redsox... Diehard Mariner fan first - always will be but I do follow the Redsox because of Dwight Evans...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up, my next door neighbor's Mom's cousin was Dwight Evans... Dwight Evans and his family would visit over the holidays and he'd go out with all us kids on the cold-a-sac and play football... He was the permanent QB for both teams... Lot's a fun... He'd sign our mitts, balls, etc... That's how I became a Redsox... Diehard Mariner fan first - always will be but I do follow the Redsox because of Dwight Evans...

Big fan of his back in the day with Red Sox. Great arm.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still coaching fastpitch? My girls are 2-0 so far this season... Both games they've come from behind to win by one...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still coaching fastpitch? My girls are 2-0 so far this season... Both games they've come from behind to win by one...

No my kid is 21 and has a son. I need to start hitting the weights again so I am ready to start coaching some baseball in a few years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Z should just be fired. How Montero hasn't been called up is beyond ridiculous IMO. You watch Seattle trade him and he'll be an all star somewhere else. You just f'ing watch. This M's org has been crap ever since the Adam Jones trade.

I wouldn't say Montero will be a star, but I do believe that he will hit 20-25 HRs with a .270 average if he were called up to the majors.

There is no reason he hasn't been called up aside from the grudge that Jack Z has against him. He has done everything within his power to make it back to the majors. He has hit well, he has lost weight and he has learned a new position. Anyone else would've been called up by now.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine with montero getting called up, but there's no way he's going to hit .270 unless they only play him against lefties