• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mrschaney: a pep talk: Round 2

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so subtle reminder...Cincy took Ross instead of Mahomes or Watson.

The Jets passed on mahomes, will tank this entire season for a QB, and many believe Mahomes will be better than anyone out of this coming class

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets passed on Kizer twice which honestly might be the worst offense.

They obviously made a decision to be all in on this coming class.........They pick Kizer, it would prevent them from taking another QB this season

Im not defending it, but it was apparently their approach

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They obviously made a decision to be all in on this coming class.........They pick Kizer, it would prevent them from taking another QB this season

Im not defending it, but it was apparently their approach
I know you're not defending it, but you can't make serious decisions about next year's class though. People said last year's class sucks and so far it does not look like that is particularly true at the moment. Let's not pretend Darnold is an Andrew Luck level prospect. I can understand eating the bullet and drafting Adams, but when after that you have Kizer in the 2nd, you got to do what it takes to get him I think if you're the Jets and re-evaluate this time next year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're not defending it, but you can't make serious decisions about next year's class though. People said last year's class sucks and so far it does not look like that is particularly true at the moment. Let's not pretend Darnold is an Andrew Luck level prospect. I can understand eating the bullet and drafting Adams, but when after that you have Kizer in the 2nd, you got to do what it takes to get him I think if you're the Jets and re-evaluate this time next year.

Totally agree......Gun shy on the huge Hackenburg gaffe........You have a GM that reaches about 3 or 4 rounds for a QB no one loved.....Than you go take Kizer in Round 2 this season, and what if you go 1-15 and youre looking at these QB's? How many times can a GM swing and miss on these very valuable high draft picks?

Agree on Darnold, I heard some interview with an NFL scout last night, who was asked to rank these college guys with the NFL potential

He had Rosen #1, believe it or not, he had Lamar Jackson #2 because he felt his game is built for todays NFL, and than Darnald #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree......Gun shy on the huge Hackenburg gaffe........You have a GM that reaches about 3 or 4 rounds for a QB no one loved.....Than you go take Kizer in Round 2 this season, and what if you go 1-15 and youre looking at these QB's? How many times can a GM swing and miss on these very valuable high draft picks?

Agree on Darnold, I heard some interview with an NFL scout last night, who was asked to rank these college guys with the NFL potential

He had Rosen #1, believe it or not, he had Lamar Jackson #2 because he felt his game is built for todays NFL, and than Darnald #3
did u forget they are the jets:suds:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u forget they are the jets:suds:

They do have some real legit talent on defense, these 2 safeties they drafted, especially Adams, look like real special players

But that offense, Whoooooa

On the subject of college, I LOVE this Barkley kid at Penn State, I think he will be a great RB in the league

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's actually my top 3 as of today too I think.

1. Rosen
2. Jackson
3. Darnold
4. Mayfield
5. Allen

Rest are not worth being considered as starters right now; though I want to see more of Falk.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually my top 3 as of today too I think.

1. Rosen
2. Jackson
3. Darnold
4. Mayfield
5. Allen

Rest are not worth being considered as starters right now; though I want to see more of Falk.

Jaworski wasn’t the only one, though. Here’s one unnamed NFL scout, via jsonline.com:

“I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn’t have great ability to change the release of the football. He’s mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better.”
good call on rodgers:suds:

These old scouting reports ripping Aaron Rodgers are hilarious in retrospect

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

Meg be like...

Its-just-a-bad-dream-tiva-33501345-417-500.gif

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tempting to start the coaches dead pool now, but I think I should wait until the end of week 3, or even week 4 to flesh out the other candidates.

Marvin Lewis leads the pack for the 5th year running.

Lucky bastard, but I think he's done and may not last the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing back to back home games against AFC opponents is a monumental hole they dug themselves. Now they go on the road to GB...

Smells like 0-3 Meg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say they could possibly find a way to beat the Browns twice for at least 2 wins this year, but I highly doubt they can even manage that at this point.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

going into last nights game:

According to Elias, Dalton was the first Bengals quarterback with four interceptions in a season opener (and the first with five turnovers in any game) since Jeff Blake in 1995. ESPN Stats & Info adds that Dalton posted a Total QBR of 0.6 -- the lowest of any QB who had at least 30 action plays in any game since 2006, when the stat was created. We can go on, but any way you look at it, he had a terrible opener. Another tough defensive front is up next, and on a short week, no less. Houston struggled to stop the run in Week 1, but their tandem of elite pass rushers could replicate the havoc the Ravens' lesser line fostered. Given the unfavorable matchup metrics, Dalton should remain on the bench in standard leagues for this Thursday
Where did Elias say this? Because it's not true. Jeff Blake never threw 4 INTs in a game.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say they could possibly find a way to beat the Browns twice for at least 2 wins this year, but I highly doubt they can even manage that at this point.

I wouldn't lay any money on that though, Cleveland isn't there yet, but they are under new management that seems to have a clue for a change, and have lots of young talent. They gave your boys a decent run, I'm sure they could crack at least one game from the Bungals.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're reading it wrong

5 turnovers, not 4 picks.
According to Elias, Dalton was the first Bengals quarterback with four interceptions in a season opener (and the first with five turnovers in any game) since Jeff Blake in 1995

I don't think I am and it's wrong either way. Jeff Blake didn't have any turnovers in the season opener in 1995.