• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G7 3-2-1 Kings @ Coyotes 10/27/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear the schedule makers deliberately put games on days I have practices with the kids. I literally have not been able to watch a game live this season with the way their games and my kids stuff is lining up. Two day break? No problem, there won't be any Kings game. Oh you have practice tomorrow night? Boom...Kings game. Should lighten up a little after tomorrow, last day of football for the boys then only softball left until 11/11.

This game has trap written all over it, winning 6-3 at home against these guys Tuesday sandwiched between tomorrow's big show down with Vegas. They are killing it in the standings but their schedule has been way easier than LAs to date. I just hope the Kings are not looking past this game onto tomorrow. Every point counts in October as it does in late March.

Really need to get Kempe going, the B6 came through big time Tuesday. Two empty netters are not going to cut it almost 10% of the way through the season. The usual suspects too, Buster and Arty Retardy (even with my disdain for Buster I have not forgotten about him - Mr 20-30 goal scorer per Teh Blog has been a no show since he was put into the lineup except for 1 goal). Would be nice if the B6 played like they did Tuesday but that's never a given. Just do your job and disrupt.

Kings won't have the last line change so the strategy of putting any of L1-3 out there comes into play here. The problem will be if L4 ices the puck and another line has been out, the Dogs will be able to put a better line out there on the face off. Could be rough if that's their L1, Keller and company are good. Lot of young, good talent up on that roster.

I'm expecting to see Talbot even though Copley won Tuesday night, he's a McLellan boy plus I think he will want Talbot to get a look at the Coyotes as well. Or he could give Copley the start since it's been 3 days and Talbot gets the bigger game vs Vegas tomorrow at home. I could see either scenario playing out.

Prediction time: Coyotes 3-2 in OT. Spence with a goal. Buster and Arty collide sending both to LTIR, win win - they're off the roster and Kings get better T6 wingers. But then the Buster Bandits would come out and say but but but he's injured to justify his lack of production.

Let's Go Kings!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 goals before on 7 shots
Two goalies used so far and they play tomorrow.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught the first 10 minutes before we had to leave, Phoenix looked sharp and LA looked like ass.

I'll check the replay later but sloppy Kings or did Copley remind us of who he really is?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young team, look at LA pre Cup. I can recall many a game having 3-0 4-1 leads and blowing them.

Glad to see Buster and Arty get on the board. Perspective however, it's the Dogs, and he has not arrived, he had a good night - that's it. Bunch of BJs going on over at the blog.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the game, while I don't think Copley was that bad, he certainly doesn't give me the warm fuzzies he will be able to replicate what he did last season. Whatever magic was there just isn't anymore.

The Kings played some very good defense in front of him last season, this season we're back to 1980s hockey apparently and he cannot make saves. I'm not talking the big save, I'm talking just the ones needed. I'd say 2 of the 3 he gave up were ones a legitimate #1 makes. Plus I can't get that muffed glove that ended up in net in the POs out of my head with him.

Talbot is slowly taking over as the #1, and the Kings seriously need to clamp down defensively. Not going to win PO games like this no matter who the goalie is.

Neither guy will get them a Cup, I really hope Portillo pans out or they somehow get a solid long term starter.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get to see the game, because of family time.
But, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Kings aren’t going to make the playoffs, if they’re giving up lots of goals and are solely relying on scoring to win.
Goaltending has got to get better.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early returns on the cheap goaltending isn't good, the Kings are playing run n gun hockey to win games. I'm sure some will say it's more exciting, and it can be, but I prefer the methodical beat down of a team as the game goes on, stifling defense and winning 3-2 games because that is what PO is.

Talbot seems like the better option, but that isn't saying much. He did look better than Copley last night and didn't see a lot of shots after Copley was pulled so he should be fresh tonight for Vegas. Talbot did make some good saves as well.