• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G12 7-2-2 Kings @ Mark Stone Looks Like A Disheveled Hobo

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game coming up, somehow I ended up with both my sons on Wed (not my night) but I don't mind, making some pasta, sausage, salad and garlic bread. Puck Jr I loved hockey prior to 2019, that's when he found tackle football and hockey went out the window. He isn't interested in watching tonight, bummer but I've never been that dad - if it isn't for you, it isn't for you. Find what you like son, dad loves you and supports you 100%. Guess I'll just stuff my face and watch the game.

=)~~

This is a huge measuring stick, not only for LA but after reading that article on Teh Blog about Byfield and the stroking going on, I wanted to vomit. There is way too much knob gobbling going on about the guy because of last week. "He's arrived"..."we told you he was worth the wait!"...all kinds of nonsense. OK, I'll give you last week, tonight he faces one of tye stingiest, biggest, meanest defenses in the league and the defending champs. Great players elevate their game when the stakes get higher, I will be here to eat crow if this schlep makes a difference. I'm not banking on it.

Team wise, great challenge. Vegas is absolutely on a tear, Ducks loss or not, and probably will come out pretty pissed because of that loss. My guess is a first period onslaught and hopefully LA weathers the storm and uses the depth to their advantage.

Assuming Talbot in goal since 3 days has passed between games. Need to get PLD going, something tells me these are the types of games he gets up for and I think his physical presence will make a difference.

Prediction: 4-2 Vegas. Kings are good, buy their defense is just better and they have just as many guns as LA does. Want to be the man, gotta beat the man.

Let's Go Kings!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty evenly played 1st, Vegas turned it up near the end. Vegas blocked a ton of shots, their calling card, and also kept everything away from the middle.

Kings have some good sized players, need to get to the dirty areas. I don't see too many skill/tic tac toe plays happening this game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings get a good bounce, seems like those always work against them. Martinez just a step behind Kempe for the basically EN goal. Kempe heating up recently, leading the team in points.

Been quite a defensive battle, I like what I'm seeing from LA.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex was here and we had a glass of wine together and watched the last few minutes, Kopitar scores 400 and I yelled and screamed. She said yeah that's why we aren't together anymore.

=)~~

I watched the whole game (she came late, school stuff for our son, I had the kids) and I have to say, that was a methodical, apathetic beat down of Vegas. Very clinical is my best adjective I guess. You could see in Vegas' eyes that they were like oh shit, we aren't the big dogs in town anymore. Nope.

Great job from beginning to end from LA. Individual efforts need to improve but collectively as a team, they're playing great.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh FYI 2/3 of the top line made massive impacts tonight. One guy...not so much. But hey, live off the 6 assists last week, feel free to "roll in your jizz" (seriously, where is Wup?).

Dude was completely MIA. Big game, absolute no show. This is seriously who he reminds me of when I watch him out there. He probably skates the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231108_230418_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20231108_230418_Firefox.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: