• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Modano mulls retirement

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, believe it or not - but Modano never did hold an official retirement presser.

Mike Modano, the NHL's all-time scoring leader among U.S.-born players, reportedly will make a decision on retirement by the middle of next month.

"It's tough to think about letting go because it's been a part of your life since you were a kid," Modano told ESPNDallas.com on Friday. "You have to see how you feel and how much you want to do it. I'm still on the fence."

The 41-year-old said he's talked with several of the NHL's TV broadcast partners about the possibility of working on the air but isn't sure what might be available. Among the media outlets he's talked to is Fox Sports Southwest, which broadcasts most of the Dallas Stars' regular-season games.

Modano was drafted No. 1 by the-then Minnesota North Stars in 1988 and became the face of the franchise when the team moved to Dallas in 1993. He spent 20 seasons with the franchise before deciding last summer that he still wanted to play and signing a one-year deal with the Detroit Red Wings. He scored in his first game with the Wings, but missed nearly three months with a severe wrist injury and finished with just four goals and 15 points in 40 games.

"I've filled in a few times doing some analysis and enjoyed it," Modano said of working on TV. "Talking about the game is easy, but it's a matter of getting the TV time under your belt where you feel comfortable with your delivery."

Modano said he'd also be interested in working for the Stars organization once it has a new owner in place, adding that he believes he could help with marketing.

"We need to get the fan base back up and excited again," Modano said. "I'd be interested in working for them and doing that."

Report: Modano will decide on retirement next month - NHL.com - News

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emu,how did you get those little "smileys"? I want to get those,there cool!! :)