• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playcalling

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this might come across as "knee jerk" after the loss but we have been talking about it all year and talked about it going into tonight. Shanahan's playcalling in big games is questionable at best.

Why stop running? Why pass on first downs when CMC is getting 3-5 yards per first down carry in stretches. Why not keep using screens that were working?

He's a great coach, a brilliant offensive mind but for some reason in big games he can't do it. What's the solution?

On the other side of the ball, Wilks went prevent way too early tonight. Halfway through the fourth we started playing it safe.

Individual errors hurt us tonight but imo the playcalling cost the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkes sucks. How this defense can look that weak with the names on the backs of those jerseys is inexcusable.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several forum members at another dying forum, have wanted including me, the front office to get an above average CB for about 3 years. The Defense has at least one series where they can't stop the pass to save their lives. With one above average CB the Defense could do some extra things to disrupt the offense.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several forum members at another dying forum, have wanted including me, the front office to get an above average CB for about 3 years. The Defense has at least one series where they can't stop the pass to save their lives. With one above average CB the Defense could do some extra things to disrupt the offense.
True. Hafunga missing was big this season but another CB is needed. But having everyone stand 10 yards off the ball didn't make sense on the last few drives. Just stick with what was working.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kc just made better defensive plays against purdy than san fran made on mahomes last drive.great defensive efforts both ways.kc just made better ones.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In hindsight yes, we can criticize play calling and there were plays deserving of criticism. But for me not hung up so much on the calls, because players have to execute the call. For example, on Youtube is a play near the of our drive in OT, Burford totally went the wrong way allowing Chris Jones free access to Purdy. Not surprisingly, Purdy didn't even have a chance to throw it. Burford didn't even need a total block on Jones, just had to be in front of him.

In hindsight we criticize for the number of looks for Aiyuk and Kittle, but the game plan was to run more. This made sense looking at the Chiefs run D prior to the SB. Plus, we having CMC the top NFL back.

Anyway, partly play calling and partly execution, bottom line is the offense lost the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. Hafunga missing was big this season but another CB is needed. But having everyone stand 10 yards off the ball didn't make sense on the last few drives. Just stick with what was working.
KC's last drive in OT stood out for obvious reasons, but IMO we shouldn't even gone into OT. If our offense scores one less FG and instead, one more TD, we win in regulation. I'm sure Moody's missed PAT played some role but still, our offense underperformed.

In this draft everyone knows we need O-line starting with OT. For me, I'd even look at Center if BPA turns up in Round 3 or 4.

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eekeed
In hindsight yes, we can criticize play calling and there were plays deserving of criticism. But for me not hung up so much on the calls, because players have to execute the call. For example, on Youtube is a play near the of our drive in OT, Burford totally went the wrong way allowing Chris Jones free access to Purdy. Not surprisingly, Purdy didn't even have a chance to throw it. Burford didn't even need a total block on Jones, just had to be in front of him.

In hindsight we criticize for the number of looks for Aiyuk and Kittle, but the game plan was to run more. This made sense looking at the Chiefs run D prior to the SB. Plus, we having CMC the top NFL back.

Anyway, partly play calling and partly execution, bottom line is the offense lost the game.
Burford deserves criticism, but I have to ask - how was he coached? Did he not know the play called? How was he mentally unprepared for that moment?

The offense was abysmal on third down. I think Kyle eek'd THREE first downs on third downs. Offense definitely lost the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burford deserves criticism, but I have to ask - how was he coached? Did he not know the play called? How was he mentally unprepared for that moment?

The offense was abysmal on third down. I think Kyle eek'd THREE first downs on third downs. Offense definitely lost the game.
Saw another 'highlight' where Burford went quickly to the wrong double team. So it made me wonder if he's done it enough times on his own? Like you coached him for a prior mistake but he does it again? Looks like he's so anxious to make the double team, that he forgets to check his primary read first?

Anyway, I STILL say the offense and hence Kyle Shanahan, lost the game. How can this stacked offense not score over 19 points?

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw another 'highlight' where Burford went quickly to the wrong double team. So it made me wonder if he's done it enough times on his own? Like you coached him for a prior mistake but he does it again? Looks like he's so anxious to make the double team, that he forgets to check his primary read first?

Anyway, I STILL say the offense and hence Kyle Shanahan, lost the game. How can this stacked offense not score over 19 points?
Burford REGRESSED from his rookie season.