• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Head Canon

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
”Head Canon” is a term used for a “fact” that you assume to be true, typically about some kind of pop-culture, namely movies or TV, even if said theory has never been confirmed, or has even been straight up debunked by the writers. This will further typically be used by “fan boys” of certain franchises like Star Wars, Star Trek or any of the comic book “universes”.

One such example of this is the “Johnny was the good guy and Danny was the bully” theory about Karate Kid. This “head canon”/fan theory gained so much steam that it actually got fully adopted into the franchise, leading to the resurrecting of the franchise on the YouTube/Netflix show Cobra Kai, focusing on both Johnny and Danny as 1st-person narrators, finally telling Johnny’s side of the story.

Another existing theory is that the events of the Snowpiercer take place in the dystopian future of non-other than Willy Wonka, and that Wilford is Charlie, all growed-up. Whether or not this one is actually true or not, I like it, so it is “head canon” for me.

But one that I have been thinking more about recently is that Matrix is the distant sequel of Tron. While I have just come to think of this one somewhat recently (last month or so), there are numerous essays and YouTube videos studying this theory going back years.

What is your favorite “head canon”. Whether it is an existing theory that you simply subscribe to or your own theory that you have just been mulling over.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley Jones is Indiana Jones's granddaughter.

(only parents will get this one)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont get it... but i will double down on my not getting it by saying that Dora the explorer is Indiana jones grandaugher... maybe even great granddaugher... depending on the time we believe cartoons actually exist...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never heard of Ridley Jones, and will never watch it. But it is cancelled now anyway, so nothing will ever come from that.
Based on the name alone (and a few images I have seen), I assume she is a baby archaeologist? I suspect it was fully based on Indy…

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont get it... but i will double down on my not getting it by saying that Dora the explorer is Indiana jones grandaugher... maybe even great granddaugher... depending on the time we believe cartoons actually exist...
Kids show on Netflix that my daughter loves. Watch this and tell me how this isn't copywrite infringement.