• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou a top 5 offense?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that must be why USC and Tennessee are so successful
Well, those two...and others...forget the second part. To be the grand poobah in CFB, you have to be able to bring in top recruiting classes (in succession) AND coach them.

Great recruiters and great coaching---fantastic
Great recruiters and crappy coaching---shitstorm
Average recruiters and great coaching---steady programs but unable to get the natty (Those are a pain in the ass for the blue bloods to beat. Example:Sparty/Ohio State)
Crappy recruiters and crappy coaching---see my avi/favorites

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with Missouri having such delusional fans?

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with Missouri having such delusional fans?

delusional about what?

the offense will be one of the best in the nation, just like last year

everything else is unknown

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not delusional just confident like every die hard fan should be in my opinion. Screw that humility I see in some fans.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not delusional just confident like every die hard fan should be in my opinion. Screw that humility I see in some fans.

It’s not always humility to not go full homer. I am confident my team will have a winning record this year, I’m not going full homer and saying we’ll win 10 games though because of how our offense played last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average recruiters and great coaching---steady programs but unable to get the natty (Those are a pain in the ass for the blue bloods to beat. Example:Sparty/Ohio State)
I'd say the big problem with teams with Average recruiting and Great coaching is that when they hit bowl season the team with great recruits has enough time to gameplan and exploit the weak players on the team with average recruits.

I think over the course of the regular season its not quite as big of a deal. The team with average recruiting gets hit a LOT worse with the injury bug, though.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s why teams like Missouri aren’t in national championship games.

They came close with Pinkel, and they are getting the same kind of recruiting classes with Odom.

Still in the 30-40 national team rankings

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They came close with Pinkel, and they are getting the same kind of recruiting classes with Odom.

Still in the 30-40 national team rankings

Coming close isn’t making it or winning it. No matter how you want to put it, stars do matter unless your coaching is superb. Trust me, my team is in the exact same boat. An Pinkel was a damn good coach. Odom has gotten wins on playing terrible competition.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that humility I see in some fans.
Its not humility. Mizzou is less than two years removed from being historically bad in college football and college basketball and the University itself hasn't fully turned around yet financially.

I want to see Odom get a couple of quality wins and I need to see what they look like with a different OC. Personally I think Heupel was overrated AF but I'm not sure how much of an improvement we are going to see with Tennessee's old coach. Derek Dooley hasn't done much but the Cowboys receiving corps did overachieve last year and he was able to make Tyler Bray look okay and he is kind of terrible compared to Lock.

I do think there is some potential next year but again....Vegas probably will only have us favored in 4 or 5 games. Thinking they win 7 isn't humility. Its optimism.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miss St is the 3rd best team in the division, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they beat Auburn considering they get them at home. Moorhead was a home run hire .
Depends on who Mississippi St has under center this year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is @Clayton the only mizzou fan to ever post on the hoop who isn’t flat out retarded?

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The over/under on Bovada is Mizzou wins 7.5. I don't bet anymore because I have a gambling addiction. But this is an easy chance to bet over. No doubt in my mind. I just believe this is the year. I wasn't talking like this the past 2 years. The offense is complete and the rushing defense is strong. We will get torched on pass defense but we will torch them right back. If one DE and one Safety can really step up the defense could be pretty good. This team has more future draft picks than we have ever had. I'm itching for some football and I'm tired of debating. Do whatever you have to do to bump this to December. i'm not sure how that works.

I just happen to have lot of respect for the somewhat delusional homer fans out there for any team. True fans are what make all this possible.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The over/under on Bovada is Mizzou wins 7.5. I don't bet anymore because I have a gambling addiction. But this is an easy chance to bet over. No doubt in my mind. I just believe this is the year. I wasn't talking like this the past 2 years. The offense is complete and the rushing defense is strong. We will get torched on pass defense but we will torch them right back. If one DE and one Safety can really step up the defense could be pretty good. This team has more future draft picks than we have ever had. I'm itching for some football and I'm tired of debating. Do whatever you have to do to bump this to December. i'm not sure how that works.
Nah brah. Y’all got a non-conference schedule with at least a pair of losses.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just happen to have lot of respect for the somewhat delusional homer fans out there for any team. True fans are what make all this possible.
Wait till you meet @droider then.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team is he reppin now? Is he admitting to being theauthority yet?
No idea. I’m sure it’s Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Goergia for now. At least until one of them gets beat.