• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota #1? Why not?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out their SOS…

Come back in Dec. and if you still lead in those categories I will apologize, but for now you played 2 above average high school teams.
If come December the Gophers still lead in all of those categories, you won't only be apologizing, you will be hating that the Gophers might be the newest #1 ranked team in the nation, or soon to be depending on when in December you check those stats, before or after the Conf title game. Because if Minnesota goes 11-0 from here on out and remains #1 in BOTH total offense and total defense and all those other categories they are now #1 in, with wins over Top Ten MSU, possibly Top Ten or Top 15 PSU, and #2/3 OSU/Mich, then only an undefeated Georgia/Alabama could conceivably remain ahead of them and I'd bitch about it until they met in the cfp. lol

Come conference play we're not going to pull our starters out for 40-45% of the games. The 40% of the game where the other team starts to get worn out and tired from our offense being on the field for the longest time of any team in the nation, lol. We were at or near the top of the Time of Possession stats all of last year, too, so that is not something that only comes from playing creampuffs.

Our defense was ranked Top Ten last year even with that embarrassing performance against Bowling Green, seems that defense could be better this year? And with only 2-3 ranked opponents ahead on their schedule through the Conf title game, it won't be hard to maintain their #1 ranking in total defense.

As for our Offense, it has our 2019 OC back, and so far a healthy pre-season 2nd team AA rb Mo Ibrahim, who got his 10th and 11th 100 yard games in a row in the first half of each game, he got his 9th 100 yard game last year against OSU, also in the first half, lol, along with a 6th year QB, who has the team in the Top 20 in pass efficiency and comp %, a pre-season 1st team AA 6th year Center, a 6th year #1WR with catches in an ncaa current record 40 game streak and a 5th year kicker who hasn't missed a single fg or extra point yet. Add to this our backup RB has 178 yards rushing on only 27 rushes, so over a 6.6 yards per carry average, our 3rd string RB has 76 yards on just 12 carries, for a 6.33 yards per carry average & our 6th string RB has 32 yards rushing on just 2 attempts, I'm sure he'll get redshirted as I'm guessing Fleck is going to platoon the rbs much more this season to try not to overuse any of them and avoid what happened last year where our starting rbs went down one by one until we were relying upon our 5th and 6th string rbs for the 2nd half of the season. Our 2nd and 3rd string QBs have completed 7 passes in 11 attempts for 99 yards passing and 1 rushing td so far, and may both be used more often than in past seasons as preparation for next year when Morgan moves on to the NFL. Our receivers so far are, 8-156, 6-107, 5-93, 3-65, 2-38, 2-27, 2-19, 2-13, 2-12, 1-16, 1-14, with 2 of the 3 averaging under 10 a catch being rbs.

How we do may depend on how healthy we remain, but that may depend on which position it is, as we could probably do well if Mo got hurt again, or any of the receivers other than Autman-Bell, or a TE, not so sure about our QB or if an offensive lineman goes down though? I had a good feeling about the 2019 squad, and figured we'd bounce back from 2020 but was surprised how close we came to winning 11 games again, and now I feel even better about this year's squad than I did 2019's, but that's as much because of Iowa and Wisconsin being down as it is UMn being up, We can lose to both MSU and PSU and still easily win the Division, but I think we'll win one or both of those games.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An FCS team coming off a 2-9 season and a team that's essentially an FCS team.
Hawaii lost their other 2 games by a score of 27-112. So what Michigan did was hardly any different than what Vandy and WKU did to them.

in contrast, UMn's 38-0 drubbing of NMSU was much different than what their other 2 opponents did, neither winning by more than single digits.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope springs eternal in the human breast

Too bad hope will not get you to the CFP

SOS = 224…’nuff said

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I make any posts, let alone threads, clamoring to be ranked #1? No? Then STFU.
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen, don't walk into the kitchen and demand the cook turn off the stove and the oven.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii lost their other 2 games by a score of 27-112. So what Michigan did was hardly any different than what Vandy and WKU did to them.

in contrast, UMn's 38-0 drubbing of NMSU was much different than what their other 2 opponents did, neither winning by more than single digits.

Congrats on outperforming a Nevada team that just lost to Incarnate Word? Congrats on outperforming a 1-2 UTEP team?

Also, Hawaii's games against the other two were still competitive. Hawaii was down 21-10 against WKU and Vandy going into the second half. Nevermind that Michigan was up 42-0 at half and had already made a QB change and a good chunk of their carries and receptions came from backups.

Dumbass.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know that. A win over MSU in week 4 rockets them up into the Top 15, a win over PSU then moves them into the Top Ten, 5 straight wins to follow moves them into the Top 5, with only the Conf title game keeping them out of the cfp.
Jesus dude. You really give mn fans bad name

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on outperforming a Nevada team that just lost to Incarnate Word? Congrats on outperforming a 1-2 UTEP team?

Also, Hawaii's games against the other two were still competitive. Hawaii was down 21-10 against WKU and Vandy going into the second half. Nevermind that Michigan was up 42-0 at half and had already made a QB change and a good chunk of their carries and receptions came from backups.

Dumbass.
Don't you hate on incarnate word

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope springs eternal in the human breast

Too bad hope will not get you to the CFP
It got Dabo and Clemson there. UMn and Fleck have done nothing less in his first 4 non-covid years than what Dabo did in his first 4 seasons at Clemson.

Dabo won 29 games, Fleck has won 32. Fleck has an 11-2 season with a #10 AP ranking, in his 3rd season, it took Dabo til his 5th season to go 11-2 in a much weaker conference, and get an #11 AP ranking. Dabo didn't get to the cfp until his 8th season, won a title in his 9th season. Leaves Fleck 3-4 seasons just to get to the cfp and 4-5 to win a natl title or to fail to do either before the comparison with Dabo is no longer applicable.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumbass.
Minnesota pulled it's starters after just one series in the 2nd half in BOTH of it's games. Scores were 24-0 and 31-3 at the half of the 2 games. Only 10 out of the 100 they've scored were scored in the 4th quarter, by BACKUPS. 21 of the 35 pts scored in the 3rd quarters were scored by backups, too.

And Minnesota's ball control eat up the clock, #1 in the nation at TOP, #2 in rushing yardage style isn't conducive to running up the score in games.

Dumbass.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude. You really give mn fans bad name
What? I stated FACTS. And there is an entire thread on Gopherhole talking about the possibility of going 12-0. Lots of Gopher fans in that thread seemed to think it was a possibility, and that was BEFORE we crushed NMSU and WIU 100-10, and in so doing reached #1 in both Total offense and #1 in Total defense AND ALSO before both Iowa and Wisconsin, and also Nebraska, NW & Illinois all lost games indicating those could all be easy wins for the Gophers. Thus leaving only the two I stated, if we win, will vault us up into the rankings. I predicted MSU would move into the Top 10 and they did, and I predicted PSU would move into the Top 10 maybe, Top 15 probably and already they've moved up into the Top 25, they'll have several games to move up.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People may have laughed at the idea of Clemson ever making it into the cfp, too, in Dabo's first, hell, his first 5 years, he never accomplished anything in his first 5 years that Fleck hasn't accomplished, his best record was 11-2, #11 ap poll ranking, didn't Fleck go 11-2 with a #10 ap poll ranking in 2019? Now he's got his OC from that 2019 team back, and all the young guys on that 2019 roster are now all 6th year seniors leading the nation in many ways.

Now one significant difference between Fleck's situation at UMn and Dabo's at Clemson was Dabo had a weak ass ACC he could dominate, allowing him to basically get a free pass into the cfp by just beating up on B1G West Division level competition, whereas Minnesota has to beat the likes of OSU and Michigan just to get to the cfp in the first place. The coming playoff expansion couldn't come at a better time for teams like Minnesota.
OMG. You are delusional!
Records aren't comparable.
Overall PJ (2017-2021) 35-23 or 0.6034
Overall Dabo (2009-2013) 47-20 or 0.7015

Schedules and results aren't comparable.
PJ 3-11 vs ranked opponents (#3, #6, #7, #9, #11, #14, #15, #15, #16, #17, #18, #21, #23, and #25)
Dabo-8-12 vs ranked opponents (#1, #1, #4, #6, #8, #9, #10, #12, #13, #13, #14, #17, #17, #19, #21, #21, #22, #23, #23, and #25)
PJ 24-11 vs P5 unranked
Dabo 29-7 vs P5 unranked.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give you credit here. You type all these long winded multi - paragraph posts with words just to let everyone know you're an idiot.

This Buds for you

Attachments

• images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got Dabo and Clemson there. UMn and Fleck have done nothing less in his first 4 non-covid years than what Dabo did in his first 4 seasons at Clemson.

Dabo won 29 games, Fleck has won 32. Fleck has an 11-2 season with a #10 AP ranking, in his 3rd season, it took Dabo til his 5th season to go 11-2 in a much weaker conference, and get an #11 AP ranking. Dabo didn't get to the cfp until his 8th season, won a title in his 9th season. Leaves Fleck 3-4 seasons just to get to the cfp and 4-5 to win a natl title or to fail to do either before the comparison with Dabo is no longer applicable.
Wtf is comparing minihaha to Clemson?

Like I said if you are leading in every single category (including having an SOS in the lower tenth of all teams, then I will agree you belong, but right now, all I see are hopes and dreams. Neither will get you to the CFP