• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin - Should he be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Omar Epps made the potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you a Steelers fan ????

weren't I? what makes you think i'm not, now? what, you take these little "favorite team" thingies as the Gospel for a message board member's favorite teams? Surely you're not this stupid, are you Oldschool?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who in the hell kicks an onside kick with 2:18 left and 2 timeouts at that point in the game?
Yes, he runs a loose locker room and it has bit them in the ass come playoff time. Cant be easy managing Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Martavious Bryant; bunch of self-centered assholes, but time to get in new leadership.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... If you can't notice that you have spit on your goatee after 15 minutes on national TV, you deserve to be fired... That was hard to look at...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge im late to this so excuse me not quoting you.

Steelers D did not give up 45. One TD was a scoop and score on a fumble. Another TD came one play after a pick on a short field.

That being said, there is plenty of blame to go around but throwing it all on Butler is misguided. Everyone had a hand in that defeat.

I'll offer this. The better team won. The jags are simply the better team. I'm not saying they're more talented or that the steelers couldn't have won but when you go on the road and you beat a team twice in the same season... that's not a fluke. To me, that says the better team won.

That game was certainly not Tomlins finest hour but this train wreck has been coming for quite some time. AB is a great talent but undisciplined. That Facebook live thing last year was inexcusable. Ben is a HOF QB but his constantly throwing Haley under the bus, talking out of school etc are not the qualities of a leader. It has been reported that Ben requested a "buffer" bw he and Haley so that he wouldn't have to speak to him and that Tomlin approved it. That's ridiculous! How does anyone respect Haley to do his job if the QB doesn't have to talk to him? When Ben made that request he should have been told "You don't like the guy. I get it. Really I do. But you're the fucking player and he's the fucking coach. You are a proffessional and get payed millions of dollars so be a fucking proffessional, set an example and go work with the guy."

I can still see Ben taking a knee off to the side all by himself while they were reviewing the Jesse James play. He wasn't talking to Haley, getting on the same page in case the play was overturned, etc. Nope. As soon as the play was overturned he stood up, trotted onto the field and proceeded to throw a pick to end the game. Then in the postgame presser he's talking about "there was confusion, etc". No shit! Why? Because you weren't talking to the OC.

Tomlin should not get fired but ownership needs to tell him in no uncertain terms he needs to get that locker room under control and tighten the ship. That includes no interviews with Tony Dungy a month before the pats game saying "we are looking ahead to the Pats."

I remember when that stuff came out about Rex Ryan having some type of foot fetish. The next day Wes Welker gave a presser where he said the word feet like 100 times. It was an obvious dig at Ryan. BB made him sit out the first quarter of the game that week. He wasn't gonna allow some player to take over the locker room.

Another poster mentioned that the steelers have some big egos and that Tomlin may have lost them already. That may be true but this seasons shortcomings, by all of them, may be the perfect opportunity to hit the reset button but he's gotta get buy in from Ben and AB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he runs a loose locker room and it has bit them in the ass come playoff time. Cant be easy managing Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Martavious Bryant; bunch of self-centered assholes, but time to get in new leadership.
u guys are nuts his record speaks for itself, yeah lately hes 3-5 in the playoffs, but the rest, come on

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been different if he had not of given PM that opportunity of the short field and with like 5 games left, it could have been a whole different picture....
Doubtful. They wouldn't have beaten the Saints no matter what happened in the Colts game. They were completely dominated. Doubt they beat Miami in Miami, it's often a struggle there. So they still go into the final week with nothing to play for, so they still lose and go 11-5 instead of 10-6. If they win they go 12-4. Doesn't put them over the Chargers or the Colts so they would still be the 3-seed.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Judge Fudge im late to this so excuse me not quoting you.

Steelers D did not give up 45. One TD was a scoop and score on a fumble. Another TD came one play after a pick on a short field.

That being said, there is plenty of blame to go around but throwing it all on Butler is misguided. Everyone had a hand in that defeat.

I'll offer this. The better team won. The jags are simply the better team. I'm not saying they're more talented or that the steelers couldn't have won but when you go on the road and you beat a team twice in the same season... that's not a fluke. To me, that says the better team won.

That game was certainly not Tomlins finest hour but this train wreck has been coming for quite some time. AB is a great talent but undisciplined. That Facebook live thing last year was inexcusable. Ben is a HOF QB but his constantly throwing Haley under the bus, talking out of school etc are not the qualities of a leader. It has been reported that Ben requested a "buffer" bw he and Haley so that he wouldn't have to speak to him and that Tomlin approved it. That's ridiculous! How does anyone respect Haley to do his job if the QB doesn't have to talk to him? When Ben made that request he should have been told "You don't like the guy. I get it. Really I do. But you're the fucking player and he's the fucking coach. You are a proffessional and get payed millions of dollars so be a fucking proffessional, set an example and go work with the guy."

I can still see Ben taking a knee off to the side all by himself while they were reviewing the Jesse James play. He wasn't talking to Haley, getting on the same page in case the play was overturned, etc. Nope. As soon as the play was overturned he stood up, trotted onto the field and proceeded to throw a pick to end the game. Then in the postgame presser he's talking about "there was confusion, etc". No shit! Why? Because you weren't talking to the OC.

Tomlin should not get fired but ownership needs to tell him in no uncertain terms he needs to get that locker room under control and tighten the ship. That includes no interviews with Tony Dungy a month before the pats game saying "we are looking ahead to the Pats."

I remember when that stuff came out about Rex Ryan having some type of foot fetish. The next day Wes Welker gave a presser where he said the word feet like 100 times. It was an obvious dig at Ryan. BB made him sit out the first quarter of the game that week. He wasn't gonna allow some player to take over the locker room.

Another poster mentioned that the steelers have some big egos and that Tomlin may have lost them already. That may be true but this seasons shortcomings, by all of them, may be the perfect opportunity to hit the reset button but he's gotta get buy in from Ben and AB

Guess I'll read this on my flight to New Orleans next week

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weren't I? what makes you think i'm not, now? what, you take these little "favorite team" thingies as the Gospel for a message board member's favorite teams? Surely you're not this stupid, are you Oldschool?

Well I am Oldschool, when it asks for favorite team, I put my favorite team....I'm just straight like that !!!!
Bandwagon don't work for me !!!!....Flip flopping is for fish, not football fans, Benedict Arnold !!:L:tsk:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. They wouldn't have beaten the Saints no matter what happened in the Colts game. They were completely dominated. Doubt they beat Miami in Miami, it's often a struggle there. So they still go into the final week with nothing to play for, so they still lose and go 11-5 instead of 10-6. If they win they go 12-4. Doesn't put them over the Chargers or the Colts so they would still be the 3-seed.

Doubtful is still not definite......We don't know what could have been "if"....But it was a dumb decision either way because every game is important and no one knows that better than BB, just ask him ....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u guys are nuts his record speaks for itself, yeah lately hes 3-5 in the playoffs, but the rest, come on

True - but that roster is absolutely sick. Great OL, best RB and WR in the game. HOF worthy QB. Tons of speed everywhere on defense.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am Oldschool, when it asks for favorite team, I put my favorite team....I'm just straight like that !!!!
Bandwagon don't work for me !!!!....Flip flopping is for fish, not football fans, Benedict Arnold !!:L:tsk:

Oh shut the hell up you dim-minded idiot. It's a fucking website/message board for fucksake, sometimes I put up college teams that no one has ever heard of for the hell of it. You're just pissed because I called you out for being wrong and now you're looking for something to nitpick. Of course I'm not a jag or viking "fan", although i'll certainly be rooting for them on Sunday. Let me guess: during this weekend's games you'll be sitting in the corner shoe-horning your own ass with your thumb with a scowl on your face because "it ain'f the ravens playing!!!! ", that sound about right?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True - but that roster is absolutely sick. Great OL, best RB and WR in the game. HOF worthy QB. Tons of speed everywhere on defense.
Agreed . But all time great d ‘s, usually win out

Reactions: GNG

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shut the hell up you dim-minded idiot. It's a fucking website/message board for fucksake, sometimes I put up college teams that no one has ever heard of for the hell of it. You're just pissed because I called you out for being wrong and now you're looking for something to nitpick. Of course I'm not a jag or viking "fan", although i'll certainly be rooting for them on Sunday. Let me guess: during this weekend's games you'll be sitting in the corner shoe-horning your own ass with your thumb with a scowl on your face because "it ain'f the ravens playing!!!! ", that sound about right?

You mentally retarded little idiot...You better go get your momma to give you your next dose of Prozac ,or whatever nut case meds you're on Corky....I don't give a rat stool about referring to a game that made my point clearly but was not a playoff game....That would only matter to an idiot that didn't grasp the point to begin with....
Congrats, here's your trophy !!!
73b.png
:dhd::pound:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentally retarded little idiot...You better go get your momma to give you your next dose of Prozac ,or whatever nut case meds you're on Corky....I don't give a rat stool about referring to a game that made my point clearly but was not a playoff game....That would only matter to an idiot that didn't grasp the point to begin with....
Congrats, here's your trophy !!!
73b.png
:dhd::pound:

Lol oldschool is pissed, look at him throw a fit about it. Like a 4 yr old without his favorite toy

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol oldschool is pissed, look at him throw a fit about it. Like a 4 yr old without his favorite toy

Dream on little man, your ignorance astounds me !!!! 13 - 3 ......1 and done, I see your dilemma..:facepalm5:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream on little man, your ignorance astounds me !!!! 13 - 3 ......1 and done, I see your dilemma..:facepalm5:

Andy Dalton sees YOUR dilemma, hell he's the one that supplied you with it. BOOM

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton sees YOUR dilemma, hell he's the one that supplied you with it. BOOM

And Blake Bortles sees your dilemma, he supplied yours with an in house sweep to put you on the same couch as Cleveland, only 1 week later.....
You have been double Bortlized......
giphy.gif