• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miguel Sano and a Prospect for Jose Quintana

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a riddle... I think the biggest mistake owners in keeper leagues do is to play for 5 years into the future...
Things change so quick that it just never works out... And in this league in particular he is ONLY keeping 8 players and minor leaguers count to that 8 players... that is very little keepers to think about anything more than NEXT season...

What is worse is that he is 4-4, so he is not even out of the playoff race yet... thinking about the future in late may-early june when you can still make the playoffs(as unlikely as it can be), it just reads to soon to me... I would have rather seen a quintana for Greinke type trade... one that helps for the future, and for NOW...

Sano is an upgrade on Markakis, his current RF. That is also help now. Losing Quintana does not mean he is throwing the season away. He upgraded a bat with an arm.... and got a top prospect too.

What Greinke owner is trading him straight up for Quintana?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a riddle... I think the biggest mistake owners in keeper leagues do is to play for 5 years into the future...
Things change so quick that it just never works out... And in this league in particular he is ONLY keeping 8 players and minor leaguers count to that 8 players... that is very little keepers to think about anything more than NEXT season...

What is worse is that he is 4-4, so he is not even out of the playoff race yet... thinking about the future in late may-early june when you can still make the playoffs(as unlikely as it can be), it just reads to soon to me... I would have rather seen a quintana for Greinke type trade... one that helps for the future, and for NOW...

See, I disagree with all of this.

The biggest mistake keeper league owners make is deluding themselves into thinking they can contend when they cannot. Just because he is 4-4 does not mean his team is good enough.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am getting lambasted in this league now. Did I possibly fuck up? Maybe but my god why all the hostility towards me? They really should petition to get veto powers back if this is such a bad trade. Right now only the Commish has veto powers.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck 15 Day DL

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am getting lambasted in this league now. Did I possibly fuck up? Maybe but my god why all the hostility towards me? They really should petition to get veto powers back if this is such a bad trade. Right now only the Commish has veto powers.

Tell them all to go look at the draft. Was Sano drafted before Quintana? I would bet on it. You got two great months from him. Great deal! (before the DL stint of course)... still, for the future, this is a great deal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell them all to go look at the draft. Was Sano drafted before Quintana? I would bet on it. You got two great months from him. Great deal! (before the DL stint of course)... still, for the future, this is a great deal.

Honestly not sure since this is a keeper league and I got Quintana in a trade this year so I honestly can't say who was drafted first.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL my buddy is reaming me for this trade saying it is a terrible trade

Giolito is the best pitching prospect in baseball.

And he's going to the NL. And he'll face like #3s at best for the first 5 years of his career.

But it also depends on how many guys you can keep.

Plus, right handed power is in such short supply that Sano is a beastly young talent to get your hands on.

But if you're trying to win this year, it won't help.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure since this is a keeper league and I got Quintana in a trade this year so I honestly can't say who was drafted first.
go look at the draft results it will show u :suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go look at the draft results it will show u :suds:

Both these players were keepers from years passed. How far back can I look to see that or does it not matter?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both these players were keepers from years passed. How far back can I look to see that or does it not matter?

That is irrelevant.

ADP this year had Sano around 50 overall and Quintana around 140. It was not even close. Because Sano is so young, he would have even more value in your league. Any owners giving you are hard time can't see past the present.

If I were you, I would be advocating for your move and explaining your reasoning. Don't let them overwhelm you, it sounds like they don't know what they are talking about anyway. This trade is risky and might not end up working, but anyone who says it isn't fair does not understand player value.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is irrelevant.

ADP this year had Sano around 50 overall and Quintana around 140. It was not even close. Because Sano is so young, he would have even more value in your league. Any owners giving you are hard time can't see past the present.

If I were you, I would be advocating for your move and explaining your reasoning. Don't let them overwhelm you, it sounds like they don't know what they are talking about anyway. This trade is risky and might not end up working, but anyone who says it isn't fair does not understand player value.

They are saying it's a bad deal since I am a newbie and they think I was taken advantage of. I get it since Sano is hurt and Quintana is doing decently well this year... Let's see how the take the ADP that you just qouted

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more thoughts:

Sano's injury sucks for you, but should have no bearing on how people evaluate the trade. For one thing , it happened after the deal was agreed upon and it is also a seemingly minor injury.

Second, some experts still have Sano ranked higher than Quintana for the rest of this season. Rotoworld's June 1 rankings are an example. They have Sano at 70 and Quintana st 79. Just to be clear, the only reason I am quoting this rank is because expert ranks help us get a sense for a player's market value. Agree or disagree, they tend to set the prices.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more thoughts:

Sano's injury sucks for you, but should have no bearing on how people evaluate the trade. For one thing , it happened after the deal was agreed upon and it is also a seemingly minor injury.

Second, some experts still have Sano ranked higher than Quintana for the rest of this season. Rotoworld's June 1 rankings are an example. They have Sano at 70 and Quintana st 79. Just to be clear, the only reason I am quoting this rank is because expert ranks help us get a sense for a player's market value. Agree or disagree, they tend to set the prices.

Very true. If it works out I come out looking like a profit and if it doesn't, oh well there is always a few years from now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am going to need someone else to make a "stupid" trade before this league will let me live this one down

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious is the team u traded with in 1st place?:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am going to need someone else to make a "stupid" trade before this league will let me live this one down

Ignore them. They are the stupid ones. Quintana is good, but not a piece you should be afraid to move.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge Quintana fan. In a keeper league (14 teams, right?), I trade him for Sano and Giolito.

But, that's just me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, now that I've read the rest of the posts, it's not just me. ;)