• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan working on "lifetime contract" with Harbaugh

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. But I also came back and apologized over and over again once all the liquor was out of my system.
Retard is not even remotely close to that level, regardless of drunkeness. I came on here last night blitzed out of my mind and all I did was tell Wisconsin fans that their shit team was gonna lose to us in a week and a half. I think Slinky is in the clear for the time being.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harbaugh actually but.........:lol: if they went something like 6-6 or 7-5 in the following 2 seasons after this happens. The administration would be looking for a loophole in the contract to fire him.

That would be understandable, but the hot seat talk right now is absurd.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, but this season was suppose to be a step back. We lost a lot of starters (11 to the NFL Draft) and we are in the process of reloading. I wish we had the depth of an Alabama, but there is only one Alabama.
Absolutely a step back should have been expected. A completely inept offense should not be acceptable. As of right now he is looking closer to Hoke than the expected Harbaugh where the team gets worse and worse as he gets more of his guys in. Harbaugh has cost his team games with poor decisions and has not gone out and won a game he shouldn’t have.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retard is not even remotely close to that level, regardless of drunkeness. I came on here last night blitzed out of my mind and all I did was tell Wisconsin fans that their shit team was gonna lose to us in a week and a half. I think Slinky is in the clear for the time being.
Mine was out of pure anger and hatred for what happened last year. And for that I apologized because it wasn't normally something I'd resort to. The problem with Slinky is that he's unapologetic in his consistent usage of retard for as long as he's been here. To the point where he then also pointed out he calls people faggots too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is -- I still think Nebraska should have locked up Pelini. Because, like we're finding out, who else are they going to get?

If you suggest Michigan shouldn't lock up Harbaugh, the assumption is that they could let him go at some point for not winning the biggest games. SO then what?

LOL. You are clearly as dumb as your avatar indiates.

What P5 program was quick to snap up an unemployed Pelini?
What G5 program was quick to snap up an unemployed Pelini?
Where is Pelini coaching now?
What is his record there?

Pelini got 7 years at Nebraska, but couldn't get over the hump of being just an average #22 to #30 ranking by the end of each season. There was no need to give that a "lifetime contract".
Once again, Harbaugh is Pelini at this point in their tenures.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be understandable, but the hot seat talk right now is absurd.

A few more John Cooper 8-3 and 9-2 seasons, and he will be...... beating all the shit teams and ave. teams won't be good enough after awhile if he keeps losing the big team matchups and losing to his rivals MSU and OSU......

Cooper was given way too many years at OSU. 13...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say he was? Michigan was in a far better position to take the Big Ten East in Harbaugh's first two seasons than Hoke was in any of his four seasons. If you don't think there's a clear improvement, you're being delusional.

Speight struggled, but he was also among the top QBs in the conference in Y/A, passer efficiency and completion percentage in 2016. He looked off before getting injured, but I don't think the OL and WRs were helping at all.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that Michigan took a step back this year. Phil Steele had them 3rd and Connelly had them winning about 9 games (he said it was closer to 8.5 without Speight). But college football fans have stupid expectations.
You were comparing Harbaugh to Hoke and saying that because he was better it’s ok. With what you are paying him, he should be able to steal you a game every once in a while but after three years he has only been able to win the games that he should and choke away games that he should have locked up.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say he was? Michigan was in a far better position to take the Big Ten East in Harbaugh's first two seasons than Hoke was in any of his four seasons. If you don't think there's a clear improvement, you're being delusional.

Speight struggled, but he was also among the top QBs in the conference in Y/A, passer efficiency and completion percentage in 2016. He looked off before getting injured, but I don't think the OL and WRs were helping at all.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised that Michigan took a step back this year. Phil Steele had them 3rd and Connelly had them winning about 9 games (he said it was closer to 8.5 without Speight). But college football fans have stupid expectations.

For the record, I don't have any problem with an extension and I do agree there's been improvement. It's this "lifetime contract" nonsense that I find so amusing.

Reactions: DJ

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cray cray talk. Harbaugh is too unstable to give him anything more than four years ever. He has no history of not pissing people off. If he has another season or two of what he's had now Michigan people will start to come out of their Jimbo induced coma and see that there's plenty of sizzle but no steak.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't have any problem with an extension and I do agree there's been improvement. It's this "lifetime contract" nonsense that I find so amusing.

fair enough

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harbaugh actually but.........:lol: if they went something like 6-6 or 7-5 in the following 2 seasons after this happens. The administration would be looking for a loophole in the contract to fire him.

Not according to MaizeandBlew. Because "who else are they gonna get?"

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. But I also came back and apologized over and over again once all the liquor was out of my system.

Meh. In vino veritas, sport.

I post on tHoop while shitfaced fairly often. You don't see me fucking with posters kids, much less wishing them terminal diseases.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were comparing Harbaugh to Hoke and saying that because he was better it’s ok. With what you are paying him, he should be able to steal you a game every once in a while but after three years he has only been able to win the games that he should and choke away games that he should have locked up.

sorry, I forgot, program rebuilds are supposed to take a year max.

Bring Michigan back to the level of normal Michigan, three plus losses a year with one of the easiest recruiting jobs out there isn’t an over the top thing

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was out of pure anger and hatred for what happened last year. And for that I apologized because it wasn't normally something I'd resort to. The problem with Slinky is that he's unapologetic in his consistent usage of retard for as long as he's been here. To the point where he then also pointed out he calls people faggots too.

Admittedly, I don't suffer fools on the internets well.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's earned it with all those BIG and National Championships....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be.........awkward timing for this. I understand they are scared he could bolt......but it's not like he's coming off a NC or 2......that's usually where I could see them wanting to dole out a lifetime contract.

He's a good HC but he's no Nick Saban.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely a step back should have been expected. A completely inept offense should not be acceptable. As of right now he is looking closer to Hoke than the expected Harbaugh where the team gets worse and worse as he gets more of his guys in. Harbaugh has cost his team games with poor decisions and has not gone out and won a game he shouldn’t have.

Looking at the season with Maize and Blue glasses, we could be 10-1 going into this week.

We could have and should have beat Michigan State (no excuses, I felt that we lost that game more than MSU won it).

Penn State flat out outplayed us. They were the better team, had a better game plan and their fans were off the charts. No way (even in Maize and Blue glasses) do I see us winning that one.

We played with Wisconsin the majority of the game. We did not capitalize on momentum when we had it. Again, no excuses Wisconsin won that game as much as we lost it. I just saying it was a winnable game.

Now a 10-1 Michigan gets a lot more respect than a 8-3 Michigan. I know Michigan had some close games that they won, but I don't want to think about that.

Bottom line, I am satisfied with Harbaugh and not ready to give up on him (nor would I give him a lifetime contract). Which I still can't find any credible sources saying a lifetime contract.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a college and pro QB, he can't even show he can get a legit starting caliber QB!!!!