• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan working on "lifetime contract" with Harbaugh

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan gives Harbaugh a lifetime contract....but....Jimmy's performance doesn't live up to expectations, then there are certain creative ways the contract can be ended:

sniper-gif-1.gif

hit-by-a-car-o.gif

:harbaugh:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, you had me concerned that maybe I’m just too harsh on tHoop. I just looked through those threads. Not the case. Laughed my ass off. Thank you, Maize.

I called @Blotch a retard after he’d been laying all kinds of stupidity on the thread, told us all that Chris Sale beat the Indians “last week.” In two starts vs Indians in ‘17, Sale was 0-1, pitched 8 total innings, with a 14.63 ERA.

That was the first two links. Then there’s Leomaz2, who I can’t even tag because his abject stupidity got him erased from this website.

Third was @Lions=TeHsUcKs, who’s alright, but was clearly on a bender and took umbrage with the fact that I’d pointed out that “winter is coming,” and tried to shift attention to Cleveland sports from a Detroit sports fan perspective. Apparently to him at the time, the Tigers, Pistons and Lions were looking golden compared to the Indians, Cavs and Browns...

Then blotch again.

Then there was @PolarVortex, who was convinced that the Astros’ bullpen and their 5.40 postseason ERA was “built for the postseason.” When he sees this, he’ll likely double down, with something stupid about how the Indians bullpen and their 1.69 was just not “built for the postseason,” suggesting that’s the reason for their early exit.

Then there’s @richig07, who played JV ball in high school and really relates to these players, so he knows that no current MLB player has ever even seen PEDs, unless they’ve tested positive three times and confessed, despite the fact that the guy who served the longest suspension for PEDs in the history of the sport never tested positive.

Finally, it was me calling cowboyB (who again, his abject stupidity got him banned from this site), and @AlaskaGuy who is a notorious maniac, retards when they were acting like retards.

So there you have it. A fun list of folks who’ve said retarded shit that I’ve called retards. Look at that list, sport. You’re in good company. You should all be chained to the swing set in my back yard so that I can spray you with the garden hose at my leisure.

I only read the first sentence of this and then started nodding off. When I woke up, I thought maybe there must be a needle in my arm but then I realized it was just a slinky post.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refer back to the first pic I posted.
You mean the tiny fuzzy one where the ball is a pixel on the screen? I'll reference my slew of higher quality photos that clearly show it's not.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, you had me concerned that maybe I’m just too harsh on tHoop. I just looked through those threads. Not the case. Laughed my ass off. Thank you, Maize.

I called @Blotch a retard after he’d been laying all kinds of stupidity on the thread, told us all that Chris Sale beat the Indians “last week.” In two starts vs Indians in ‘17, Sale was 0-1, pitched 8 total innings, with a 14.63 ERA.

That was the first two links. Then there’s Leomaz2, who I can’t even tag because his abject stupidity got him erased from this website.

Third was @Lions=TeHsUcKs, who’s alright, but was clearly on a bender and took umbrage with the fact that I’d pointed out that “winter is coming,” and tried to shift attention to Cleveland sports from a Detroit sports fan perspective. Apparently to him at the time, the Tigers, Pistons and Lions were looking golden compared to the Indians, Cavs and Browns...

Then blotch again.

Then there was @PolarVortex, who was convinced that the Astros’ bullpen and their 5.40 postseason ERA was “built for the postseason.” When he sees this, he’ll likely double down, with something stupid about how the Indians bullpen and their 1.69 was just not “built for the postseason,” suggesting that’s the reason for their early exit.

Then there’s @richig07, who played JV ball in high school and really relates to these players, so he knows that no current MLB player has ever even seen PEDs, unless they’ve tested positive three times and confessed, despite the fact that the guy who served the longest suspension for PEDs in the history of the sport never tested positive.

Finally, it was me calling cowboyB (who again, his abject stupidity got him banned from this site), and @AlaskaGuy who is a notorious maniac, retards when they were acting like retards.

So there you have it. A fun list of folks who’ve said retarded shit that I’ve called retards. Look at that list, sport. You’re in good company. You should all be chained to the swing set in my back yard so that I can spray you with the garden hose at my leisure.
That was literally half the list from the first page of TEN pages. SO, again, you need to reevaluate how you post.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was literally half the list from the first page of TEN pages. SO, again, you need to reevaluate how you post.

You should post more of them, then. Reading through that shit was fucking hysterical.

You should try to be less retarded.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini's first 3 years had one 9 and two 10 win seasons.

Harbaugh's first two years were 10 win seasons.

Michigan has two games remaining. Ohio St and their bowl.

The best Harbaugh can do is 10 wins again. That would be one win more than Bo Pelini in his first 3 seasons.

If Michigan loses to Ohio St, then the best Harbaugh can do is 9 wins if they win their bowl. That would be equal wins to Pelini.

If Michigan loses both the Ohio St game and their Bowl, then Harbaugh will finish with 8 wins. One less than Bo Pelini in a 3 year period.

As I said...Good thing Nebraska didn't give Bo Pelini a "Lifetime Contract" based on Jim Harbaugh success.
And you fired Pelini and immediately went into the dumpster fire. The only reason Nebraska has been remotely relevant in the past 15 years is because of Pelini. You fired a good coach with some behavior issues and your team now sucks. As far as I'm concerned, Nebraska would be much better off had they kept him.

You also have to factor that Pelini started in a garbage B12 North and Harbaugh started in one of the toughest divisions in CFB.

Last edited:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I opened up this thread thinking it was a spoof thread.
Still not sure.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the “Harbaugh is going to be here until he retires” dreams are starting to fade for Michigan fans, otherwise, why be so accepting of a lifetime contract of a coach who hasn’t brought the desired results yet?

List of coaches that should get a lifetime contract, Saban and Coach K. Maybe Urban Meyer and Dabo Swinney. Bring Michigan back to the level of normal Michigan, three plus losses a year with one of the easiest recruiting jobs out there isn’t an over the top thing. Michigan has yet to have an elite opponent out of conference. Harbaugh has two legit wins in three years, Wisconsin and Penn State last year. Hasn’t won a big game on the road, makes poor in game decisions, and hasn’t really developed a quarterback like many thought he would. Way too early for this but again, if Michigan wanted to do a four year extension no one would say shit.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely 0 concerns about locking Harbaugh up. It would actually be a bit of a relief and dispel some of the NFL rumors every single year. It would also show 100% support in Harbaugh.

Ask k state how that worked out when they lost their chance to sign Jim leavitt

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the tiny fuzzy one where the ball is a pixel on the screen? I'll reference my slew of higher quality photos that clearly show it's not.
Yes the one where MI fans see what they want while the rest of the country sees the ball making the line of gain.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the “Harbaugh is going to be here until he retires” dreams are starting to fade for Michigan fans, otherwise, why be so accepting of a lifetime contract of a coach who hasn’t brought the desired results yet?

List of coaches that should get a lifetime contract, Saban and Coach K. Maybe Urban Meyer and Dabo Swinney. Bring Michigan back to the level of normal Michigan, three plus losses a year with one of the easiest recruiting jobs out there isn’t an over the top thing. Michigan has yet to have an elite opponent out of conference. Harbaugh has two legit wins in three years, Wisconsin and Penn State last year. Hasn’t won a big game on the road, makes poor in game decisions, and hasn’t really developed a quarterback like many thought he would. Way too early for this but again, if Michigan wanted to do a four year extension no one would say shit.

And that's Harbaugh's fault?

and hasn’t really developed a quarterback like many thought he would.

He had a QB suffer a broken vertebrae and their freshman QB just had a concussion. Injuries happen.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "What's the dumbest thing a Football Program could possibly do" for $1000 Alex.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those ones weren't as funny as the first set, but your continual whining is.

"whaaaaa, he uses the word retard! whaaaaaa"

I also use the word faggot.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's Harbaugh's fault?
Never said it was. It has turned out that the best team that he has faced OOC is Utah. I point it out because he has no signature OOC win other than a Florida without their starting quarterback which was their entire offense in 2015 and Florida who will probably wont be Bowl eligible this year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the one where MI fans see what they want while the rest of the country sees the ball making the line of gain.
There isn't a single good qualify photo that shows anything of the sort. I already told you, the only photo you can seem to find it that of a pixelated, altered, image from one angle. The multiple high quality photos I've shown you clearly illustrate you are in fact wrong.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those ones weren't as funny as the first set, but your continual whining is.

"whaaaaa, he uses the word retard! whaaaaaa"

I also use the word faggot.
You seem like a really reasonable and mature 41 year old.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you fired Pelini and immediately went into the dumpster fire. The only reason Nebraska has been remotely relevant in the past 15 years is because of Pelini. You fired a good coach with some behavior issues and your team now sucks. As far as I'm concerned, Nebraska would be much better off had they kept him.

You also have to factor that Pelini started in a garbage B12 North and Harbaugh started in one of the toughest divisions in CFB.

Regardless of conference or division. Like Harbaugh, Pelini won the games he should, but lost the bigger ones.
To get you back on subject...At the time many thought Pelini was just one step away from getting Nebraska back to relevance, but it never came.
A very similar pattern showing here with Harbaugh.
The AD that caused this dumpster fire that is Nebraska has been shown the door. I was not comparing Riley to Harbaugh anyway. I was comparing Pelini to Harbaugh at this point in each's tenure and it's an accurate comparison other than Michigan wanting to give Harbaugh a "lifetime contract".
Nebraska fans complained about :01 against tejas in the Big 12 CCG.
Michigan fans complain about a couple of inches against Ohio St.
Give the :01 back to Pelini and the couple inches back to Harbaugh. It still doesn't take away that at this time Harbaugh is Pelini.