• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Whiffed on Every Recruit Who Took an Official Visit for the Ohio State Game

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Larry Nassar has absolutely nothing to do with football or Mark Dantonio.

Yeah? Are you saying that MSU's handling of the Nasser affair is unrelated to Dantonio's handling of certain player transgressions?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan fans aren’t concerned about what happened with this class they are nuts. Ranked 21st, way over signed at the CB position and a complete whiff on the tOSU recruits.

Wheels are flying off the Harbaugh bandwagon.
I for one AM CONCERNED. Things have been trending down for over a year now. I take a lot of flack from other Michigan fans for saying this but 2018 is his make/break season IMO.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah? Are you saying that MSU's handling of the Nasser affair is unrelated to Dantonio's handling of certain player transgressions?
MSU’s enabling Nassar has nothing to do with Dantonio suspending players hours after he was notified of the assault and kicking the players off the team as soon as charges were brought up. I wish he would have kicked the players off the team sooner but he didn’t handle it inappropriately.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole university has serious problems right now. When I wear my MI gear, I'm celebrating the past more than the present.
The whole university? Please elaborate...because last time I looked we have a pretty damned good mens basketball team right now.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU’s enabling Nassar has nothing to do with Dantonio suspending players hours after he was notified of the assault and kicking the players off the team as soon as charges were brought up. I wish he would have kicked the players off the team sooner but he didn’t handle it inappropriately.

Apparently, there's a lot of that going around at MSU. Let's see what other shoes drop in the various investigations that are now going on.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, there's a lot of that going around at MSU. Let's see what other shoes drop in the various investigations that are now going on.
Since you seem to be in the know, what did Mark Dantonio handle inappropriately? If you know of something I have no problem saying that he should be fired but as of right now, I don’t know of anything that would be worth firing over.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you seem to be in the know, what did Mark Dantonio handle inappropriately? If you know of something I have no problem saying that he should be fired but as of right now, I don’t know of anything that would be worth firing over.

Of course you don't. That's what investigations are for. Personally, I'm willing to see what these investigations uncover.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't act like it doesn't concern me that we didn't land a 5 star player or a top 100 recruit. I get caught up in this stuff just like everyone else. Last spring when we were getting commitments from 3 stars and low 4 stars I wondered WTF myself. I read an article though about how Harbaugh felt he had 2 strong classes and wanted to use this class to get guys with specific skill sets to fill specific roles which is why he ended up with a lot of lower rated guys that most of us would have expected. If this truly was a plan, it's a sucky plan IMO. I'd rather you find extremely talented guys to fill specific needs. Obviously I like it even less if we just couldn't pull better players this year and I am certainly not dismissing that this is actually the case. Either way our opinions on it doesn't really matter, just the results. We'll see how it works out. I mean look at what MSU does with a similar level of recruiting every year.

As far as "whiffing" on players, the only player we whiffed on is Otis Reese. He was committed and then flipped on signing day. It wasn't surprising but it was certainly a whiff. The others, if you never really had a chance to sign them, I don't see it as a whiff.

I think the bigger issue is that Otis Reese was your highest ranked recruit before he flipped.

He was Georgia's 12th highest ranked recruit for the 2018 class.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't. That's what investigations are for. Personally, I'm willing to see what these investigations uncover.
So you are condemning MSU fans for supporting their coach who has been investigated for those assaults by three different groups and they said that he did absolutely nothing wrong and all of the players that were accused never played another down for the team?

Again, I haven’t seen anyone even try and defend what MSU with the Larry Nassar debacle like you saw with Penn State and the Sandusky incident. Everything I have seen and heard is if Izzo or Dantonio actually did something wrong or covered anything up, they should be fired and prosecuted. And you also see some Michigan fans, like yourself, trying to tie two different incidents that, as of now, have no connection because you want to take a shot at MSU football.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are condemning MSU fans for supporting their coach who has been investigated for those assaults by three different groups and they said that he did absolutely nothing wrong and all of the players that were accused never played another down for the team?

Again, I haven’t seen anyone even try and defend what MSU with the Larry Nassar debacle like you saw with Penn State and the Sandusky incident. Everything I have seen and heard is if Izzo or Dantonio actually did something wrong or covered anything up, they should be fired and prosecuted. And you also see some Michigan fans, like yourself, trying to tie two different incidents that, as of now, have no connection because you want to take a shot at MSU football.

It's what Michigan fans do (most of them). Can't actually win the game? "Well we are so academically and morally superior to you"

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, my household is nicely divided between Michigan and MSU graduates. So, I don't have a horse in this race except to see that bad behavior is punished appropriately. I'm just saying that there is a relationship between Nasser and a culture that allowed such things to happen. You want to act as if I am one of many Michigan fans who are making this connection. Otherwise, why else would Dantonio and Izzo have been questioned at all? There has been an ongoing news story in the sports media about Izzo's "silence," in fact. So, you can rail at me all you want--the investigations are ongoing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, my household is nicely divided between Michigan and MSU graduates. So, I don't have a horse in this race except to see that bad behavior is punished appropriately. I'm just saying that there is a relationship between Nasser and a culture that allowed such things to happen. You want to act as if I am one of many Michigan fans who are making this connection. Otherwise, why else would Dantonio and Izzo have been questioned at all? There has been an ongoing news story in the sports media about Izzo's "silence," in fact. So, you can rail at me all you want--the investigations are ongoing.
You do know that Harbaugh has a player that accused and charged with a sexual assault and he is still on the team, correct? The last two B1G players convicted of felonies then allowed to play football afterwards were Michigan players. What “culture” at Michigan State considering any of the players charged with a crime have been dismissed from the program. The district attorney for most of Dantonio’s time was openly a Michigan fan and did not show any leniency towards players. My first words on this case was bring on the investigation and prosecute anyone and everyone that knew of and enabled this to happen. If Izzo and Dantonio were a part of the problem, lock them up. But Harbaugh has shown that grabbing women’s crotches is perfectly acceptable.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Harbaugh has a player that accused and charged with a sexual assault and he is still on the team, correct? The last two B1G players convicted of felonies then allowed to play football afterwards were Michigan players. What “culture” at Michigan State considering any of the players charged with a crime have been dismissed from the program. The district attorney for most of Dantonio’s time was openly a Michigan fan and did not show any leniency towards players. My first words on this case was bring on the investigation and prosecute anyone and everyone that knew of and enabled this to happen. If Izzo and Dantonio were a part of the problem, lock them up. But Harbaugh has shown that grabbing women’s crotches is perfectly acceptable.

Ah, the inevitable "if you point the finger at my school, I'll point my finger at yours" argument. At Michigan State, for more than a decade there has been a "culture" that allowed Larry Nasser to do his worst. That culture has also been linked to both the football and basketball programs--by national media and others not just by me. Your attempt to "flip the script" at this point just doesn't work.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where did Michigan end up in the final recruiting rankings?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the inevitable "if you point the finger at my school, I'll point my finger at yours" argument. At Michigan State, for more than a decade there has been a "culture" that allowed Larry Nasser to do his worst. That culture has also been linked to both the football and basketball programs--by national media and others not just by me. Your attempt to "flip the script" at this point just doesn't work.
Wait, who pointed the finger first? Oh wait, that was you. I’ll wait for the inevitable,”it’s ok for me to point fingers but it’s not ok for you to” post. You flipped the script first. This thread was about Michigan flopping this recruiting class and you had to divert attention to Michigan State.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm...........'Sleepover and Satellite Camp'.......

......you know what? If/when Harbaugh retires from football, and perhaps decides to open a restaurant/sports bar in Ann Arbor, 'Sleepover and Satellite Camp' would be a damn good name for such an establishment.

Perhaps Jimmy could entice John L Smith as a partner, and open a 2nd location in East Lansing: 'Sleepover, Slap, and Satellite Camp'.
johnlsmith-slapself.gif
Wait, who pointed the finger first? Oh wait, that was you. I’ll wait for the inevitable,”it’s ok for me to point fingers but it’s not ok for you to” post. You flipped the script first. This thread was about Michigan flopping this recruiting class and you had to divert attention to Michigan State.

You started it. How was your original post about "Michigan flopping this recruiting class"? Seriously? I suppose you were just trying to be funny. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. There's going to be a lot of negative information about the MSU "culture" that emerges from the investigations underway--brace yourself.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started it. How was your original post about "Michigan flopping this recruiting class"? Seriously? I suppose you were just trying to be funny. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. There's going to be a lot of negative information about the MSU "culture" that emerges from the investigations underway--brace yourself.

I’d like to try and make fun of Michigan’s recruiting class, but it was better than ours.
Here’s my original post. Stating Michigan had a better class than us. Secondly, you know I’m not @Innermind , correct? You then went after Michigan State with Larry Nassar because again, you are trying to lessen the fact that Harbaugh has a bad recruiting class.