• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Whiffed on Every Recruit Who Took an Official Visit for the Ohio State Game

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here is the post that I was responding to, you deflecting to Larry Nassar because you can’t stand any negative attention that Michigan has earned. Michigan has yet to prove that they are anywhere on the level of Georgia or Alabama in the last decade but you want to be compared to them? Michigan has won one AP title since 1948, but you want to cast stones at Georgia for not winning one since 1980? Keep on trying to divert attention because Jesus Harbaugh is declining at Michigan. But then again, you wanted to keep O’Korn at QB rather than take a look at Peters.

You want to throw out baseless and uninformed claims about Mark Dantonio to protect Harbaugh, make them in the correct thread. Let me help you.
Soooo.....Michigan State

Larry Nassar is a shit criminal who deserves to die a horrible death. He has nothing to do with the football program ... sorry back to the post.

I don't give a shit how good or bad the class was, the question will be answered with results (so far I haven't liked the answers of the past with great recruiting classes).

That said; Congratulations to Georgia, who may have had the best recruiting class ever.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbaugh has made some decisions and recruiting is reflecting it.
He's gone after this season.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, by choice.
He's sick of it.
He won't stick it out.
That would be a tragedy of epic proportions for Michigan if that happened. Despite my questioning Harbaugh’s game day coaching ability, he does bring a lot of hype and excitement in the fanbase and in many of the recruits, short of them bringing in a huge name, it will suck the life out of that fanbase. Harbaugh was one of their own, their hero, their savior. For him to just dump them to go back to the NFL without any real measurable success, the meltdowns will be AMAZING!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't have a chance to sign them, they wouldn't be on campus for an official visit OSU week

Plenty of kids know where they are going and still take their visits.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger issue is that Otis Reese was your highest ranked recruit before he flipped.

He was Georgia's 12th highest ranked recruit for the 2018 class.

Like I said, it is concerning but they didn't really seem to be going for the top guys as much this year. Again, I don't agree with the strategy if it really was strategy. And if next year looks the same it clearly isn't strategy.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History repeating itself.

In 2003, blue blood Nebraska hires a coach from the NFL who recently reached, and lost, the Superbowl before being run out of town.

Solid recruiting classes still resulted in sub par results on the field.

No worries, Skunkrats, it has only been 15 years. You are almost through it all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They musta forgot to show them the rusty nail.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread must be bullshit because all I've heard for years now is that Jim Harbaugh was going to kill it in recruiting due to sleepovers and satellite camps.

@TrustMeIamRight can't be wrong, I mean look at his name.

:think:

Sorry been gone for a little while. NOWHERE will you find me say he is going to kill anything in recruiting. I said ‘sleepovers’ were utterly ridiculous. I said satellite camps were done to the foot in the door into programs in the South and allows, not just Michigan, but every major program access to players and programs they may not have had a chance with.

What I did say was — satellite camps would help put an end to the recruiting run Bama put together and I also said months before this cycle that Bama would not finish with the #1 class because they didn’t have the normal in state talent that has been the base of their classes. Little did I know — they wouldn’t even get the top recruit in Alabama.

And when you finish 8-5 — you are going to lose recruits to the better programs.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry been gone for a little while. NOWHERE will you find me say he is going to kill anything in recruiting. I said ‘sleepovers’ were utterly ridiculous. I said satellite camps were done to the foot in the door into programs in the South and allows, not just Michigan, but every major program access to players and programs they may not have had a chance with.

What I did say was — satellite camps would help put an end to the recruiting run Bama put together and I also said months before this cycle that Bama would not finish with the #1 class because they didn’t have the normal in state talent that has been the base of their classes. Little did I know — they wouldn’t even get the top recruit in Alabama.

And when you finish 8-5 — you are going to lose recruits to the better programs.
The timing of losing both coordinators played as much of a role in recruiting as anything, especially compared to satellite camps lol. 2019 is shaping up be another big recruiting year, not that 95% of CFB wouldn't kill for Bama's 2018 class.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of losing both coordinators played as much of a role in recruiting as anything, especially compared to satellite camps lol. 2019 is shaping up be another big recruiting year, not that 95% of CFB wouldn't kill for Bama's 2018 class.
Calling dibs
raise-hand.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that 95% of CFB wouldn't kill for Bama's 2018 class.

You know that you've been doing a great job of recruiting when you finish with what? The #7? #8? recruiting class in the country and people are talking about how much you dropped off in recruiting.

I mean, pretty much every school in the country just wants a top 10 or even top 15 recruiting class and Bama getting #7 or #8 is considered an off year. lol

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that you've been doing a great job of recruiting when you finish with what? The #7? #8? recruiting class in the country and people are talking about how much you dropped off in recruiting.

I mean, pretty much every school in the country just wants a top 10 or even top 15 recruiting class and Bama getting #7 or #8 is considered an off year. lol
The game has passed Saban by. He can’t connect with recruits anymore.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m sure the loss of coordinators didn’t help, but I made the statement for one reason. The state of Alabama didn’t have the type of elite talent they have had for whatever reason this past year. They didn’t have any 5 star guys and only had a single top 100 recruit when I made the comment.

When you add in satellite camps where major programs are getting access they didn’t have in the past to large groups of recruits, where they get to interact with coaching staffs in practice type settings — recruits who wouldn’t otherwise leave the South have done so.

When you add in the early signing period now — it limits a teams option if they lose out on a player. Recruits they could have reached out to in the past if they lost a player are already signed.

And Bama will always have a top 10 class and most likely a top 5 class, and rightfully so. When you’ve had the success Bama has had — you are going to have the top recruits wanting to take a look at them. You need that home state base of top recruits though and Bama didn’t have that this year, which is why I said their run of #1 classes would end.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class could REALLY bite Michigan in the butt in a season or two. IMO, to really turn around a program, you need 3 solid classes in a row...especially if you are coming off a few poorly recruited classes.

Michigan could survive this, if they develop the surround recruiting classes well (and find a few surprise guys in the 2018 class), while also having limited injuries, but a poor recruiting class REALLY hurts your depth. I'm afraid Michigan is going to have a tough time with this bubble in the middle of two consecutive top 5 classes. Hopefully they can "right the ship" this upcoming season. I have a feeling that just about everything is hinging on Shae Patterson. If they can win 10-11 games, and perhaps beat Ohio State (a big "if"), they could make up for this class with a big haul of recruits in 2019.

I hope we aren't seeing the beginning of the end of Jimmy Jam. He suppose to come down here in my neck of the woods (Macon, GA) again this summer for a camp. :rockon:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was one of their own, their hero, their savior. For him to just dump them to go back to the NFL without any real measurable success, the meltdowns will be AMAZING!

The NFL? I think that ship's sailed, my friend. When he bolts from Ann Arbor, he'll probably end up at Mizzou or somewhere like that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL? I think that ship's sailed, my friend. When he bolts from Ann Arbor, he'll probably end up at Mizzou or somewhere like that.
I don’t see any college paying him enough money to leave a fanbase that will literally hunt for reasons to defend his failures like you will find in Ann Arbor.