• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan VS. Kentucky

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely were and the difference was no one was giving them shit about how bad they were. All we heard was Florida played in a shitty conference and would be a middle of the road Big10; etc. Heard that until Florida blew out Pitt and UCLA; teams that scored some good wins. Now all of a sudden, people are on the Florida bandwagon.

Rune does have a point. That is why the conference debates start.

Some B1G fans were saying that because the SEC was weak, that Florida's ranking was undeserved and they wouldn't even finish in the top 5 of the B1G.

So, not to get too deep into this.. but I think back in 2006... I found myself defending the SEC from attacks from other conference fans. And that spirals out of control as people come into conversations mid-thread.

Like right now... there is already a SEC 2 teams in the Final four thread on these boards. I won't even go on it outside looking at the first few post.. because I know there will be some pretty hateful stuff. And although I may not agree with the OP.... I will take some of the attacks against the conference personally and be itching to respond... so my only solution is don't go onto the thread. Even some very good posters from other conferences will likely be bashing the shit out of the SEC just to get on the OP's nerves.. which I understand. But it is hard to not respond and become a conference homer when you read those attacks.

And I agree.. the OP is asking for it based on the arrogance of the thread... but I think the conference love flows both ways.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fake Lantern tweet at the final Umich timeout:

You should go for 2.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? I don't remember anyone saying UF would be middle of the road in the B10.

Yes it was mentioned because Wisconsin beat us early and when Wisconsin started losing the comparisons were made. Now that loss to Wisconsin doesn't look too bad....same with UConn. Nice thing is there is an outside chance we and avenge both losses next week.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 5 years since he left......but have at it.....Also I might have been a little stressed during the game....so please accept my apologies for that smart ass post.

no worries, it's all in good fun.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made that shit up..

Again, don't want to get it started... but there were select B1G fans that did say that. I also had the final score of the Michigan Florida game last year thrown in my face a few times followed by STFU...whenever a discussion got difficult.

So... lets not start this on here.

This is a thread to celebrate a great game by Kentucky and Michigan... regardless of who won, it was a great season for both teams and that is what we all have in common... we want to see good games. And we got a great game today.

Not much more to be said in my book.

Congrats to UK... Congrats to Michigan. Great Season by both teams.

1 more week and we all start the long drought until football season starts. :)

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several post already of dumbass half wit SEC fans riding on the coattails of the teams that did well.. Pathetic..

I hope you"re not referring to me..because I think I joined this forum before you did..and have pretty much been the only UK fan on here..proudly supporting the Cats thru thick and thin

If you are referring to me....then you can kiss my ass .Yeah I'm a homer..but no dumbass is going to call me a bandwagon fan witbout a reply.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Id hoped they could finish in the top four of the BIG and get a five or six seed, heading into the season. Exceeded my expectations as the season went on time and time again. Edpecially after the loss of McGary after the AZ game. Morgan and Horford stepped up in a big way, even if they were obviously limited in the paint all year. It'll be interesting to see who they lose to the NBA, if anyone. (NS and GR3 aren't looking at lottery selections so Im not sure what they decide to do.).

Once they figured out how to play together, they really came to life.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was mentioned because Wisconsin beat us early and when Wisconsin started losing the comparisons were made. Now that loss to Wisconsin doesn't look too bad....same with UConn. Nice thing is there is an outside chance we and avenge both losses next week.

That is the downfall of most threads... using the A=B and B=C therefore A=C logic.

That should be banned.

Florida didn't have their core team for that Wisky game. Trust me, if we beat Wisky and they were missing 3 key players (including their best player) I wouldn't be pounding my chest over it.

I don't think anyone will disagree after seeing this tourney that Scottie Wilbekin, Finney-Smith, etc. are pretty important to our team. Both were suspended for that game. We were also missing Chris Walker and Kasey Hill was playing his first big game since high school and struggled early in the season... he is playing 1000x better now.

Scottie Wilbekin alone can cost us a game as we found out the last time we played UCONN.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway... need to go spend time with the kids.

Great game... good chatting with all you people!

Looking forward to next week.... anything is possible at this point.

Have a nice night!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the downfall of most threads... using the A=B and B=C therefore A=C logic.

That should be banned.

Florida didn't have their core team for that Wisky game. Trust me, if we beat Wisky and they were missing 3 key players (including their best player) I wouldn't be pounding my chest over it.

I don't think anyone will disagree after seeing this tourney that Scottie Wilbekin, Finney-Smith, etc. are pretty important to our team. Both were suspended for that game. We were also missing Chris Walker and Kasey Hill was playing his first big game since high school and struggled early in the season... he is playing 1000x better now.

Scottie Wilbekin alone can cost us a game as we found out the last time we played UCONN.

I've been here all season, but I guess I wasn't a part of that conversation at all.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt UK is the better B-Ball program.. You guys bleed the sport.. Michigan is more of a football school even thought that is trash atm..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once they figured out how to play together, they really came to life.

Kenny touched on it during Fridays game, when MM went down, they honestly were able to get better as team.(I agree) Not because they were better without him,(they weren't) but because others were asked to do more of what they're good at. LeVert and Stauskas grew more as players more than anyone in recent memory as the season went. And Morgan did a tremendous job staying within himself. It's was an enjoyable season to say the least. And even though I've been a strong believer in Beilein since he got to AA, he impressed me most this season. Still a tough loss, but no reason for anyone in that program to hang their head.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don't want to get it started... but there were select B1G fans that did say that. I also had the final score of the Michigan Florida game last year thrown in my face a few times followed by STFU...whenever a discussion got difficult.

So... lets not start this on here.

This is a thread to celebrate a great game by Kentucky and Michigan... regardless of who won, it was a great season for both teams and that is what we all have in common... we want to see good games. And we got a great game today.

Not much more to be said in my book.

Congrats to UK... Congrats to Michigan. Great Season by both teams.

1 more week and we all start the long drought until football season starts. :)

Some people still like baseball

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac 12 probably could talk shit all day if we were talking baseball..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny touched on it during Fridays game, when MM went down, they honestly were able to get better as team.(I agree) Not because they were better without him,(they weren't) but because others were asked to do more of what they're good at. LeVert and Stauskas grew more as players more than anyone in recent memory as the season went. And Morgan did a tremendous job staying within himself. It's was an enjoyable season to say the least. And even though I've been a strong believer in Beilein since he got to AA, he impressed me most this season. Still a tough loss, but no reason for anyone in that program to hang their head.

To a certain extent I agree with that.. Imagine if it happened while McGary was still healthy though..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I actually led up about that on the CBS boards.. But with the random fans talking smack here and even some of the SEC fans on those boards(after Michigan lost to Lousville of all things).. I really wish I talked more trash.. But I try to be a gracious winner..