• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan VS. Kentucky

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct...remember all the bashing the SEC took all year??? and guess what. Two in the final 4.

Actually, it's the rest of the SEC that got bashed. Getting only 3 teams in still doesn't look great. It just means there's a TON of separation between the top 2 teams and the rest.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's the rest of the SEC that got bashed. Getting only 3 teams in still doesn't look great. It just means there's a TON of separation between the top 2 teams and the rest.

That's the problem...Other than Florida, the rest of the SEC was beating each other. Tennessee was a 7 loss team in conference; Kentucky 5 losses. The perception of the SEC just got out of hand.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem...Other than Florida, the rest of the SEC was beating each other. Tennessee was a 7 loss team in conference; Kentucky 5 losses. The perception of the SEC just got out of hand.

They are still weak.. The ACC I thought was good but choked hard this tourney.. The Big 10 suffered from bad end of the game adjustments..

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dwZ10.jpg

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but SOS was a factor that hurt as well wasn't it?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True... I hate all the conference talk.

And it wasn't that other teams in the SEC were always bad... that separation you refer to was more around being inconsistent. Hell, both TAMU and S. Carolina blew Kentucky out this season (and one of those games took place LATE in the season).

Even teams like Miss and Mizz are dangerous as hell...

So in basketball saying one conference is better than another is somewhat arbitrary... it is all about matchups and how a team plays on any given night. Sure, there was more consistency in other conferences...however I would challenge anyone to say they want to play in Fayetteville against the Hogs as they play like a top 10 team at home. On the road... they suck. Not sure why... but they just are... and have been for a couple of years.

So I agree... but come tourney time.. none of that matters.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, game's over.. now can bash calipari?? :lol:

It's been 5 years since he left......but have at it.....Also I might have been a little stressed during the game....so please accept my apologies for that smart ass post.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to tell the fans your conference that. I'm totally sick of that shit.. Was the Big East bragging about this shit when they dominated the 80s?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several post already of dumbass half wit SEC fans riding on the coattails of the teams that did well.. Pathetic..

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to tell the fans your conference that. I'm totally sick of that shit.. Was the Big East bragging about this shit when they dominated the 80s?

I think it goes both ways.

Honestly, I have been on message boards for a long time... since back in the 56k days with a dial up modem and bulletin board software.

The conference talk in my opinion didn't really start until the mid-2000's (2005 / 2006).

The first real battles I got into about conference dominance were right after UF upset tOSU in the 2006 NCG in football.

But that is my opinion... I feel like the SEC got attacked really bad in the mid and late 2000's and now the SEC fans are all sensitive (and some have went overboard) so the perception has changed. But time warp me back to 2006 and it was the B1G and B12 attacking us with the my conference is better than yours.

Again, just my opinion. I am an alumni of both the SEC and the B1G... so I try to stay somewhat neutral.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a great year if you're a UM fan. Lose your best players to the draft and your top big guy gets hurt... yet here you are making a deep run in the tourney. Great season for what is really an undermanned team.

Well said. Id hoped they could finish in the top four of the BIG and get a five or six seed, heading into the season. Exceeded my expectations as the season went on time and time again. Edpecially after the loss of McGary after the AZ game. Morgan and Horford stepped up in a big way, even if they were obviously limited in the paint all year. It'll be interesting to see who they lose to the NBA, if anyone. (NS and GR3 aren't looking at lottery selections so Im not sure what they decide to do.).

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shitty way to lose for Michigan. Guy gets hot and makes 4 straight 3s down the stretch. Kentucky shot 64% from 3 overall with most being contested looks. Nothing Michigan can do but tip their hat to Kentucky's hot shooting.

Not gonna lie, wish there was a do-over though.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it goes both ways.

Honestly, I have been on message boards for a long time... since back in the 56k days with a dial up modem and bulletin board software.

The conference talk in my opinion didn't really start until the mid-2000's (2005 / 2006).

The first real battles I got into about conference dominance were right after UF upset tOSU in the 2006 NCG in football.

But that is my opinion... I feel like the SEC got attacked really bad in the mid and late 2000's and now the SEC fans are all sensitive (and some have went overboard) so the perception has changed. But time warp me back to 2006 and it was the B1G and B12 attacking us.

Again, just my opinion. I am an alumni of both the SEC and the B1G... so I try to stay somewhat neutral.
That was mainly OSU choking.. Had nothing to do with the entire conference.. They have been above average in everything but Baseball.. I didn't realize fans of schools other than Florida would cling on and promote conference dominance.. Every time USC bombed a Big 10 school in football I never saw a bunch of Pac 10 fans bragging..

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They absolutely were and the difference was no one was giving them shit about how bad they were. All we heard was Florida played in a shitty conference and would be a middle of the road Big10; etc. Heard that until Florida blew out Pitt and UCLA; teams that scored some good wins. Now all of a sudden, people are on the Florida bandwagon.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when my team Kent State was in the Elite Eight with Antonio Gates in 2002. We played Indiana and the Hoosiers shot 15-19 from 3 in that game. That has to be some sort of record for best 3 point percentage in any tournament game with that many attempts.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it wasn't that other teams in the SEC were always bad... that separation you refer to was more around being inconsistent. Hell, both TAMU and S. Carolina blew Kentucky out this season (and one of those games took place LATE in the season).

Even teams like Miss and Mizz are dangerous as hell...

So in basketball saying one conference is better than another is somewhat arbitrary... it is all about matchups and how a team plays on any given night. Sure, there was more consistency in other conferences...however I would challenge anyone to say they want to play in Fayetteville against the Hogs as they play like a top 10 team at home. On the road... they suck. Not sure why... but they just are... and have been for a couple of years.

So I agree... but come tourney time.. none of that matters.

well... yes and no. It didn't hurt UF, but UK got a low seed, Tenn barely got in and how many other SEC teams didn't get in that very well might have deserved it. The ACC was looked at as maybe being the best, got a bunch of teams in and look what happened to them. I dunno.. I try not to think too much about this, because it'll only make your head explode.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a pure talent standpoint, you would think the ACC would dominate like the Big East used to.. But it's pretty perplexing how bad they underachieve in basketball and football..

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely were and the difference was no one was giving them shit about how bad they were. All we heard was Florida played in a shitty conference and would be a middle of the road Big10; etc. Heard that until Florida blew out Pitt and UCLA; teams that scored some good wins. Now all of a sudden, people are on the Florida bandwagon.

??? I don't remember anyone saying UF would be middle of the road in the B10.