• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan adds to coaching staff

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysts aren't allowed to recruit or have any contact with the players for the record.

Such a position is nothing more than a job. Only one of the now 10 actual coaches are allowed to do any of that.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysts aren't allowed to recruit or have any contact with the players for the record.

Such a position is nothing more than a job. Only one of the now 10 actual coaches are allowed to do any of that.

In other news

Boosters aren't supposed to give players money and fake jobs.

Schools aren't supposed to steer athletes to easy classes.

Schools aren't supposed to do the class assignments for the athletes.

Players are not supposed to commit crimes, especially felonies.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news

Boosters aren't supposed to give players money and fake jobs.

Schools aren't supposed to steer athletes to easy classes.

Schools aren't supposed to do the class assignments for the athletes.

Players are not supposed to commit crimes, especially felonies.

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers was well known and accounted for a whole 6 yards the previous season. No highly rated player ever fails to live up to hype. But they were shitty players. The cupboards were empty from Hoke. Was it you who was telling us how Hoke left no players for Harbaugh to use and that's why you guys will be 1 billion times better this season?

What does yards have to do with anything? Wayne Lyons played in the secondary -- a spot where we had enough talent to move Peppers from CB to Safety. He never even cracked the two deep on the depth chart.

And you must have me mixed up with someone else. The only thing I've said about UM being bare --is at QB. Every QB Hoke brought in was terrible. You can directly tie UM's success or failure to the QB position. He signed highly rated QB's but they flopped -- Devin Gardner, Shane Morris, etc.

I'd think a MSU fan would understand this -- you got to see first hand this year how poorly a team can play when you don't have a QB. UM was like this for 6 or 7 years. Not Tyler O'Connor bad, but still bad QB's

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure that is accurate. I know Texas hired a QC assistant and as long as he is certified he can talk to recruits. He can not visit them off campus. He can talk to them on campus and in social media. That is what was reported. That seems to make sense, do you think Saban needs 20 guys to just look at film? He was the first to expand coaching staff's, I am sure he had a reason for it.

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does yards have to do with anything? Wayne Lyons played in the secondary -- a spot where we had enough talent to move Peppers from CB to Safety. He never even cracked the two deep on the depth chart.

And you must have me mixed up with someone else. The only thing I've said about UM being bare --is at QB. Every QB Hoke brought in was terrible. You can directly tie UM's success or failure to the QB position. He signed highly rated QB's but they flopped -- Devin Gardner, Shane Morris, etc.

I'd think a MSU fan would understand this -- you got to see first hand this year how poorly a team can play when you don't have a QB. UM was like this for 6 or 7 years. Not Tyler O'Connor bad, but still bad QB's
I asked if it was you who said the cupboards were empty, it must have been Lions then. I have been distracted with my backpacking planning and losing my mind with waking up early to work out and cut weight. My bad.

And Denard wasn't dear god awful but he stunted Hoke's growth because there wasn't another viable option available, not that he would have been able to coach anyone up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that is accurate. I know Texas hired a QC assistant and as long as he is certified he can talk to recruits. He can not visit them off campus. He can talk to them on campus and in social media

I don't know, I just know what I heard from what Sark was allowed to do while an analyst and it was pretty limited.

All I know is that claims these guys are being hired into analyst spots because it helps to recruit are either a violation or bullshit.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I just know what I heard from what Sark was allowed to do while an analyst and it was pretty limited.

All I know is that claims these guys are being hired into analyst spots because it helps to recruit are either a violation or bullshit.
I'm sure it gives them more people to review game film and allows the recruiters to only focus on the glad handing and kissing their asses rather than doing the menial tasks.

The dentist doesn't actually clean your teeth or do x-rays, the dental hygienist/assistant does that shit.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just telling you all what I saw reported. There maybe different levels of non-field coaches. Biggest pt being that you don't need an army of guys to help game plan and breakdown film. There has to be another benefit. Keeping up contact during the season would qualify

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked if it was you who said the cupboards were empty, it must have been Lions then. I have been distracted with my backpacking planning and losing my mind with waking up early to work out and cut weight. My bad.

And Denard wasn't dear god awful but he stunted Hoke's growth because there wasn't another viable option available, not that he would have been able to coach anyone up.

Dear lord. Denard was terrible. He was a RB playing QB. It was painful to watch him throw the ball.

I do agree that it didn't matter who Hoke brought in. He couldn't coach him up anyway.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear lord. Denard was terrible. He was a RB playing QB. It was painful to watch him throw the ball.

I do agree that it didn't matter who Hoke brought in. He couldn't coach him up anyway.
He was brutal passer but at least he had the run threat. Gardner didn't have either as a threat.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was brutal passer but at least he had the run threat. Gardner didn't have either as a threat.

Very true. Gardner is the perfect example of the QBs brought in to UM who turned out to be busts. Gardner was the #1 dual threat QB. Not good. Shane Morris -- one of the top QBs in the country. Horrendous.
And those guys were the best of the bunch. :L

I just want to have an elite QB for once. It has been far too long.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone call him a legit recruiter when this is how he gets his biggest names? What other coach does stuff like this all the time other than him? Pretty sad if that's what you have to resort to.

Not sure if you are aware. The team who brings in the top class year after year after year, has 9 coaches and about to add a 10th and TWENTY analysts in their recruiting department.

What Harbaugh is doing isn't new -- it is just a big deal because it is Harbaugh and there is nothing else to talk about. Hell, MSU fans are on here and the first story in the Detroit news today is how Curtis Blackwell has been suspended. MSU hired Blackwell from his job as director of the Sound Mind, Sound Body football camps. His coaching experience -- 2 years as a HS assistant coach -- yet he has worked at MSU for 4 years on their football staff.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are aware. The team who brings in the top class year after year after year, has 9 coaches and about to add a 10th and TWENTY analysts in their recruiting department.

What Harbaugh is doing isn't new -- it is just a big deal because it is Harbaugh and there is nothing else to talk about. Hell, MSU fans are on here and the first story in the Detroit news today is how Curtis Blackwell has been suspended. MSU hired Blackwell from his job as director of the Sound Mind, Sound Body football camps. His coaching experience -- 2 years as a HS assistant coach -- yet he has worked at MSU for 4 years on their football staff.
Without knowing the particulars and how he is involved with whatever the incident is, fire Blackwell. Does Blackwell have a highly rated recruit who will be graduating from high school soon? How many of Alabama's 20 analysts and 10 coaches were hired in order to get a recruit to sign with them?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without knowing the particulars and how he is involved with whatever the incident is, fire Blackwell. Does Blackwell have a highly rated recruit who will be graduating from high school soon? How many of Alabama's 20 analysts and 10 coaches were hired in order to get a recruit to sign with them?

I'm just saying. MSU hired Curtis Blackwell, who had no coaching experience, but he was responsible for putting together one of the biggest football camps in the Midwest.

It is no different than what Harbaugh has done, with the exception that the guys Harbaugh hired are high profile coaches and have experience in not only college, but some in the NFL too.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with Bama -- I really couldn't answer you. They were literally talking about it on the radio as I was driving. It was a MSU grad (sportstalk host) who mentioned the Bama staff. He went on to say -- Harbaugh has about a dozen more spots to fill before catching up to Bama in the analyst dept.

As I said though -- this was Valenti on 97.1 talking. I have no knowledge of Bama's recruiting department.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying. MSU hired Curtis Blackwell, who had no coaching experience, but he was responsible for putting together one of the biggest football camps in the Midwest.

It is no different than what Harbaugh has done, with the exception that the guys Harbaugh hired are high profile coaches and have experience in not only college, but some in the NFL too.
If they hired one or two people alright we are at FIVE parents/coach of a player in a blatant attempt to get a recruit to pick Michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hired one or two people alright we are at FIVE parents/coach of a player in a blatant attempt to get a recruit to pick Michigan.

If he were hiring inexperienced people off the street. I'd agree wholeheartedly. Which guy isn't qualified or even overqualified to help out in recruiting?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you saying Michigan and MSU are dirt bags, I can live with that

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you saying Michigan and MSU are dirt bags, I can live with that

As I said -- each person he has hired is extremely qualified for the position and a couple could be considered overqualified. The guy he just hired coached in the NFL for 11 years for crying out loud.

And if your school is located in a state like Michigan, where you don't have a ton of high profile recruits -- what is the fastest way to get your foot in the door in hotbed states?

People were upset about UM going to IMG -- yet he was able to pull a handful of recruits from IMG this year. People said his satellite camps wouldn't do anything and he'd never pull a recruit from SEC country. He had not one, but two this year (Solomon and Collins).

For years, UM never played hardball when it came to recruiting, when it came to roster manipulation, etc. If you want to play with the big boys, you have to now. I have no issue with anything Harbaugh has done as long as it is within the rules in place.