• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Rose Ivey Statement on Kneeling

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is positive. If you've not seen the outpouring of support from Husker Nation for MRI, you should. Makes me feel good. So often I want to reach out in support on social media for certain players and I don't because I don't want to bother them. What I don't realize is that the opposite camp do so without reservation (see MRI presser), because they're barely self aware in their own lives and don't mind being asses to everyone else. Kind words are never wasted.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want our fans to suck it up and deal with it. At least do their venting behind the scenes.

I hate when our players feel betrayed by the fans. That's a culture Bo built and I want to see that knocked down. This program's success relies on a tight-knit community.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've no problem with vets or active service men and women having a totally different take on this. I've not served and don't have their perspective when it comes to the National Anthem/Flag. I'm in your debt.

However, if you're public service/regents, you should not inject that perspective into the argument. You're now representing something else as well... like Brasky said, hypocrisy. Probably easy for me to say having never served, point taken.

The folks who want to trot out their statistics and talk about how the deaths due to police white vs. black are equal, I think you're way off base, and should probably read HISL link "It's Not About Race" above.

If you still don't get it, consider this another way. If you haven't noticed what's going on in North Dakota with the DAPL let me give you the short version: Texas billionaire oil men want to build a pipeline along the edge of Standing Rock Sioux Tribal lands. This route is because they rerouted it from the Bismarck residential area for reasons of avoiding stress to their (read white people) water supply. Yet another reason is because the Keystone XL pipeline through Western Nebraska was defeated by POTUS Barack Obama. For which I will love and adore Barack Obama till the day I die. There's no way you could convince me that another President in recent memory would have done that for us.

The Sioux had located burial grounds/prayer circles along the route planned, and appealed to the Army Corps to review. The Big Cigars from Texas sent in their bulldozers to demolish said sites so Army Corps review would be irrelevant. The Sioux proceeded to try and block progress of further destruction. When the Big Cigars dispatched their private security to chase them off, they released their German Shepards on the protesters, biting men, women and children. That's all on video. If you look up the statistics, I'm guessing Native Americans have a lower or roughly equal chance than white people to be bitten by dogs. Do you think they should shut up and pay attention to the numbers? Or can you consider another person might have different perspective?

In closing, way to go Hank Bounds. I dislike Pete Ricketts, Hal Daub and any other politician/regent sounding off on this. I think you're not very wise.
Been following DAPL too. What they are doing up there is the height of arrogance.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRI is one of the few, since Kap started this but then failed to follow up, to reach out and do something besides kneeling down, that I can respect

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just coming in to post that, definitely respect him even more for following up on it and trying to educate people.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadspin's gotten wind of this. Specifically the Hal Daub and Ricketts statements. ESPN, Sports Illustrated, everyone. Worst case scenario, ESPN's gonna play the telephone game with it all day long today.

giphy.gif

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is recruits will want to come here and play for a coach that will let them speak their mind on issues they are passionate about.

The bad news is recruits won't want to come to Hickville, Nebraska where we have a bunch of old white dipshits for elected officials who have opinions about student athletes forming their own opinions and expressing themselves at a state university.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was getting a lot of press on Espin yesterday already, not in a good way, it really made me cringe they were focused on the fan base wanting him to be lynched. Mother of God, the people who were tweeting at MRI bullshit like that should be exposed

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another unarmed black man was killed in California yesterday.

Police shoot, kill man in San Diego area; protesters gather

Without trying to sound insensitive, if I'm not following police orders to take my hands out of my pockets, and then take something out of my pocket and point it at the police in a shooting stance, I fully and wholeheartedly expect to be shot.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll move on soon enough but yesterday was some hot garbage.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without trying to sound insensitive, if I'm not following police orders to take my hands out of my pockets, and then take something out of my pocket and point it at the police in a shooting stance, I fully and wholeheartedly expect to be shot.

I don't know anyone that has epilepsy so I have no idea how it affects you or the seizures.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So at the rally or whatever you want to call it, they chanted "Black Lives Matter" and "Hands Up Don't Shoot!"

So.....I'm confused. Where did this man have his hands up in the air asking the officer not to shoot? Is this really what people think? That black men are just getting shot for the fun of it?

Literally in every case the person shot always does something such as point something at the officer. Every story goes the same way. How about don't fucking point anything at the officer......like.....ever. I wonder how many of these "injustices" would have taken place by now if all of these people actually did put their hands up in the air and just stand there.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NU president, chancellor, AD, and HCMR have all made statements supporting the players that choose to protest. The NE Gov meeting with MRI can easily turn this negative media spin into a positive. In retro he could choose to keep it real with significantly less than desirable results but I suspect his PR reps will advise otherwise

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am impressed MRI had the balls to take the podium and put out a coherent statement to back it up rather than hiding behind the Clubs veil in the back of a locker room somewhere.

Cotdam you guys have a great coach who has a pulse. Sickens me he left our program. He is a winner and so are his athletes.

congratulations.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotdam you guys have a great coach who has a pulse. Sickens me he left our program. He is a winner and so are his athletes.

congratulations.
That was referencing Mike Rose Ivey, however we can all just imagine how our previous coach would be handling all this, I got the hot poop just briefly thinking about it