• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Irving in trouble again

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jerry Jones personally got involved in the cover-up and when it was finally revealed years later, he described it as "horseplay".

As for Irvin, you know:
giphy.gif
As a point of note, cocaine is too classy for gutter trash like Michael Irvin. Michael Irvin smokes rocks because you can give a man money but for some you can never fully remove them from the ghetto that raised them.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope he is done as an analyst.....even if it is not because of this last encounter,but because his is absolutley mind-numbing........

Dont understand how a nationally televised tv show would have such a guy with his history on there.......Hes a Warren Sapp clone.....

Bring on TB12......

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up Everett McIvor...

Done

Ego can sometimes be the fatal flaw for any star athlete. That’s exactly what happened when you look at the case of Scissorgate between Cowboys teammates Michael Irvin and Everett McIver.

In 1998, during training camp, things got a little out of hand in Dallas. McIver was only his fifth year in the league while Irvin had played 10 seasons and was an established star.

McIver was getting a haircut done, but little did he know, he had occupied Irvin’s spot. When Irvin came in to get his haircut done, he was outraged by the fact that McIver was sitting where he was ‘supposed to.’ Irvin yelled out, four times apparently:

“Seniority! Punk get the f**k out of my chair!”
McIver wasn’t going to stand down, however. With other offensive linemen egging him on, saying

“You’re no f**kin’ rookie. He can’t tell you what to do.”
McIver was clearly feeling the support and so he decided to take on Irvin head on. McIver got up from his chair and shoved the legendary wide receiver, something Irvin didn’t take too kindly to.

The two got in a full scale brawl, and with one thing leading to another, Irvin eventually grabbed a pair of scissors and jabbed into McIver’s neck. McIver was very lucky to have not bled out as the blade wasn’t a straight one, and Irvin missed McIver’s vital carotid artery by inches.

The scene was almost nightmarish to the rest of the Dallas Cowboys. Sure, teammates often get into scuffles, but not to this degree. Cowboys cornerback Kevin Smith would later recall:

“The whole scene was crazy. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I mean, we were on the same team.”
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones would discipline Irvin by making him pay somewhere up to six figures in a fine, but the whole incident was downplayed as ‘horseplay’, a word that greatly understates just how severe and deadly the entire scenario could have been.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a point of note, cocaine is too classy for gutter trash like Michael Irvin. Michael Irvin smokes rocks because you can give a man money but for some you can never fully remove them from the ghetto that raised them.

I couldn't believe he was able to keep his gig after the crack incident. And I had no idea about the stabbing thing which makes me wonder how the hell he ever got a media job in the first place. Plus he sounds like an idiot. Not sure what the media "standard" is for an NFL gig because Michael Vick also has a gig as do a few other questionable characters like Sapp and Ray Lewis amongst others.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe he was able to keep his gig after the crack incident. And I had no idea about the stabbing thing which makes me wonder how the hell he ever got a media job in the first place. Plus he sounds like an idiot. Not sure what the media "standard" is for an NFL gig because Michael Vick also has a gig as do a few other questionable characters like Sapp and Ray Lewis amongst others.

Fame and legacy can do make alot of things go Bye Bye

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He must've been hammered and in theory it should be a non-issue. That said, he denied ever talking to the lady until they showed him the video so he must've either been really really really hammered or said something really not nice and is trying to pretend it didn't happen. I'm gonna go with your "Hey, want to touch my pp" theory.

This is a guy that let's crack smoking friends borrow his car. I cant' remember the last time I let a crack smoking friend borrow my car.
Funny you should mention that. One time in my 20s I came back to my apartment from work and found a crackhead hiding under my couch.

It's a long story.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was friends with his nephew in elementary school

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nearly as bizarre as the cop plotting to kill him in 1996 but pretty damned bizarre.

Jesus. I had no idea.

I kinda can't wait to find out what he said to the chick this week to start this latest firestorm.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. I had no idea.

I kinda can't wait to find out what he said to the chick this week to start this latest firestorm.
Probably a garden variety sex proposition. He dismissed it before claiming he didn't remember. Then he was very adamant that there was "almost" no physical contact -- a handshake. Then his hotel room gets moved?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a garden variety sex proposition. He dismissed it before claiming he didn't remember. Then he was very adamant that there was "almost" no physical contact -- a handshake. Then his hotel room gets moved?

Ya. I hope she tells.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve got the time whenever you do.
Alright I told you it was a long story...

So how does a guy who grew up going to church and never spent a night in jail come home to find a crackhead hiding under his couch?

From 1995 to 2005 I lived in Independence, MO. Fellow Chiefs fans will know this is a suburb of KC that for some time was touted as the meth capital of America. My churchy parents lived just outside St. Louis and my significantly more relaxed aunt and uncle lived in Independence. I try to stay close to family so of course I took the path of least resistance.

My cousin was a gifted student in high school but totally diverged from that and seemed more comfortable living on the slightly wilder side. He became more of a friend more than a relative over time and we went to rock concerts, he hooked me up with weed and just generally helped me experience my 20s in a way that I never would have on my own.

Sooo in 1999 I got my first apartment and he would come over with his various friends and it was really just a place to party and I thought it was great. As time went on I said dude you might as well just crash here, just try to keep it quiet after midnight(I worked nights).

After awhile I started noticing a short shady-looking young person hanging around outside my apartment when I came home from work. I mentioned that to my cousin one time and my cousin told me his name was Smokey and he had a crack problem. My cousin is the type who would talk to anybody so I didn't really think much of it.

One morning I come back from work and sat down in the living room on the $200 futon that my cousin stole from a local department store. It was a questionable issue but this poor guy in his 20s didn't have the willpower to argue about that detail.

I'm sitting there downing beers and just bullshitting with my cousin and I hear something inexplicable from under the futon. At first I was too lazy to look under the futon but curiosity kept building and I finally leaned over and looked under the couch.

There was Smokey, looking right back at me with really big whites in his eyes. I'm not a big guy but my cousin knew I had a line you don't cross and in a weird move, he started crying as I yanked the futon away from the wall to expose this uninvited guest.

After helping Smokey to the door and telling him not to come back, I turned to my cousin who had just spent the past 30 minutes talking to me knowing full well his crackhead buddy was hiding under the couch. I told him to grab his shit and get out the door too.

EPILOGUE
Time went on and I eventually moved away from KC, some of this coinciding with the decline of the Chiefs in the 2000's, and over time I forgave my cousin and we still text and do some online gaming every once in awhile. And years later I still had random friends of friends getting great enjoyment out of asking me about the time I found a crackhead under my couch.