• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins 2022-2023 Regular Season Week 15 @ Buffalo Bills Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well start this thread early .

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough couple weeks. Copy cat league has taken away the deep middle of the field where the offense has feasted this year. Couple obvious notes to get the offense humming again:
1. absolutely have to establish a run game. some way they have to find consistency. that will pull linebackers up so they can't drop as deep and bring the play action back in to play.
2. speed outs should be on a regular diet with teams dropping in the deep hook zones
3. if teams continue to try to press Hill and Waddle you absolutely have to make them pay. Hill connected on the deep ball last week. It appears that Hill lost that deep post in the lights or something. I thought it was a good ball. Connect and it's 6. Last drive of the game, albeit with the outcome mostly decided, looks like Waddle lost one in the lights down the sideline too, kinda weird.
4. again with the backers dropping so deep, swing passes/check downs to the backs should be an easy 8 without even having to make someone miss at this point
5. catch the damn ball. feel like there have been an excess in drops the last couple weeks

on the other side of the ball:
1. X seems to be dropping off a bit, can't really rely on him to lockdown one guy at point
2. they need to figure out how to get home on these pass rushes. lots of pressures but not enough sack conversion. (FWIW, that may be the worst roughing the passer call I've seen on Phillips)
3. TURNOVERS. I know there is a large luck component to turnovers but we have to generate some more, some way

good news is, they still control their destiny. The division hopes are most likely lost at this point unless they can shock the Bills in Buffalo and get the Bengals to knock them off as well. But, playoffs are still very much in play. Honestly, the best matchup this year may be with the Titans as the 5th seed. I know they smoked us last year, but I feel they matchup better with them than the other division winners at this point.

But who knows, maybe McDaniel and Boyer do some serious self scouting and they look like a different team this last month and go in to the playoff with some momentum.

Fins Ups Fellas

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough couple weeks. Copy cat league has taken away the deep middle of the field where the offense has feasted this year. Couple obvious notes to get the offense humming again:
1. absolutely have to establish a run game. some way they have to find consistency. that will pull linebackers up so they can't drop as deep and bring the play action back in to play.
2. speed outs should be on a regular diet with teams dropping in the deep hook zones
3. if teams continue to try to press Hill and Waddle you absolutely have to make them pay. Hill connected on the deep ball last week. It appears that Hill lost that deep post in the lights or something. I thought it was a good ball. Connect and it's 6. Last drive of the game, albeit with the outcome mostly decided, looks like Waddle lost one in the lights down the sideline too, kinda weird.
4. again with the backers dropping so deep, swing passes/check downs to the backs should be an easy 8 without even having to make someone miss at this point
5. catch the damn ball. feel like there have been an excess in drops the last couple weeks

on the other side of the ball:
1. X seems to be dropping off a bit, can't really rely on him to lockdown one guy at point
2. they need to figure out how to get home on these pass rushes. lots of pressures but not enough sack conversion. (FWIW, that may be the worst roughing the passer call I've seen on Phillips)
3. TURNOVERS. I know there is a large luck component to turnovers but we have to generate some more, some way

good news is, they still control their destiny. The division hopes are most likely lost at this point unless they can shock the Bills in Buffalo and get the Bengals to knock them off as well. But, playoffs are still very much in play. Honestly, the best matchup this year may be with the Titans as the 5th seed. I know they smoked us last year, but I feel they matchup better with them than the other division winners at this point.

But who knows, maybe McDaniel and Boyer do some serious self scouting and they look like a different team this last month and go in to the playoff with some momentum.

Fins Ups Fellas
A couple of thoughts:
Your O-line is not very good. Injuries and guys not getting it.
Tua has helped the O-line on passing downs but you are correct that he will need to adjust because teams are taking away his sweet spot.
X is still not 100% Refs have cued in on his "cheating" and grabbing and he can't use his wheels to cover. If not for so many guys out he would be getting lighter use or even rest.
Losing balls in lights is because Tua does not have the arm to fire a laser downfield so his deep passes are usually a higher trajectory.
Your D-line is doing a great job on pressures. Doesn't always have to end in a sack.

Not trying to be a jerk but you lose to Buffalo this Saturday you might find your team tied with NE.
You need to worry about how to fix the problems and worry about the playoffs when you start winning again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are practicing this week in South Florida and getting ready for this critical game in the Buffalo snow?????
What's to worry about that?
1671121420802.png

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are practicing this week in South Florida and getting ready for this critical game in the Buffalo snow?????
What's to worry about that?
View attachment 316678

Looks like it'll be pretty cold but doesn't look like there's any precipitation in the forecast as of right now.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like it'll be pretty cold but doesn't look like there's any precipitation in the forecast as of right now.
The below forecast is from NOAA for Orchard Park. Lake Effect snow warning. Do Dolphins do snow??

Saturday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. Southwest wind 8 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Southwest wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that they haven’t moved this game as well like the other one not too long ago. I guess it wasn’t enough time to get that done. Should be an interesting game nonetheless. Sucks that I work overnights and won’t be able to watch it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the snow is north of Orchard Park at this time, so may be a bit better conditions. Thinking Bills beat em up by 17 to 20, maybe more

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua drops a dime on Hill for TD to put fins up.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game where the better QB leads his team his team to victory — and a 3 game slide for the Dolphins in games in which the QB has been the difference maker . The dolphins found their running game today — so a lack of a running game is not an excuse — not that it was ever a good excuse. The difference was QB play — as has been during this slide and season . Up next — the Packers — another great opposing QB versus the Dolphins less than mediocre QB. If only they had a quality QB .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game where the better QB leads his team his team to victory — and a 3 game slide for the Dolphins in games in which the QB has been the difference maker . The dolphins found their running game today — so a lack of a running game is not an excuse — not that it was ever a good excuse. The difference was QB play — as has been during this slide and season . Up next — the Packers — another great opposing QB versus the Dolphins less than mediocre QB. If only they had a quality QB .
Haha doesn't end I see. Tua had a 104 QB rating. Not his fault that MM didn't call a running play on those 3rd and shorts. Instead he got pass happy when running for 7.5 yards per carry tonight. The drop by Sherfield for a TD was also on Tua I guess that was another 4 points. How about the intentional grounding that the Fins have been called for all year allen hit his lineman no call! Never mind the snowballs by those classless bills fans not one call after announcing it saw a ref get it in the back no call. I can go on and on....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha doesn't end I see. Tua had a 104 QB rating. Not his fault that MM didn't call a running play on those 3rd and shorts. Instead he got pass happy when running for 7.5 yards per carry tonight. The drop by Sherfield for a TD was also on Tua I guess that was another 4 points. How about the intentional grounding that the Fins have been called for all year allen hit his lineman no call! Never mind the snowballs by those classless bills fans not one call after announcing it saw a ref get it in the back no call. I can go on and on....
MM simply did what he felt he needed to do in order to keep his fragile QB happy . MM knows that the only thing he can do to make Terrible Tua stay happy and feel useful is run a pass-happy offense . He will never call a run on short down and distances no matter if it it’s the smarter and safer way — he knows Terrible Tua rather attempt the big play rather than the smart play . Always trying to be a hero . Stop the excuses . He’s just not good enough .

As for the snowballs — stop being a snowflake . Leading up to the game both MM and Terrible Tua down played the weather —going as far as to wear those silly ass shirts . Stop the excuses . They were snowballs . They weren’t bricks .

I am sure you can go on and on . When it doesn’t go well for Terrible Tua— the excuses are endless .

Let’s see what excuses the game against the Packers will bring .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM simply did what he felt he needed to do in order to keep his fragile QB happy . MM knows that the only thing he can do to make Terrible Tua stay happy and feel useful is run a pass-happy offense . He will never call a run on short down and distances no matter if it it’s the smarter and safer way — he knows Terrible Tua rather attempt the big play rather than the smart play . Always trying to be a hero . Stop the excuses . He’s just not good enough .

As for the snowballs — stop being a snowflake . Leading up to the game both MM and Terrible Tua down played the weather —going as far as to wear those silly ass shirts . Stop the excuses . They were snowballs . They weren’t bricks .

I am sure you can go on and on . When it doesn’t go well for Terrible Tua— the excuses are endless .

Let’s see what excuses the game against the Packers will bring .
And when Tua does good, you never give him any credit and will give all the credit to anyone else in the world other than Tua.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the snow is north of Orchard Park at this time, so may be a bit better conditions. Thinking Bills beat em up by 17 to 20, maybe more
Then at 8:30 a game broke out!
Tua proved the team could play in the weather.
They lost a close one to #1 seed - close to sweep for the year.
Made Paolo happy.
Fed @FlyerFinFan more complaints about officiating!

Thank God they hit a ref with a snowball!
Can anybody go to a game and not throw a snowball?