• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MI snags Bama OC

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something I haven't heard a lot from Alabama fans on - how much of the offense does Saban control? From what I know, Saban is a control freak and it seems like Nussmeier was running an offense within the confides of what Saban wanted to do. And now Saban just openly admitted wanting to go to a more spread approach. So I'm wondering if the things that fans are complaining about (too much passing and so on) are actually coming from Saban and not the OC. Unlike at Alabama, I think Nussmeier will be given almost full control of our offense during practice and during the games -- which could have been a major reason he left.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something I haven't heard a lot from Alabama fans on - how much of the offense does Saban control? From what I know, Saban is a control freak and it seems like Nussmeier was running an offense within the confides of what Saban wanted to do. And now Saban just openly admitted wanting to go to a more spread approach. So I'm wondering if the things that fans are complaining about (too much passing and so on) are actually coming from Saban and not the OC. Unlike at Alabama, I think Nussmeier will be given almost full control of our offense during practice and during the games -- which could have been a major reason he left.

Don't know how much he controls. But there is a philosophy we have at Alabama, Saban came in with that same philosophy and Nuss is not of the same philosophy.

That is why it was a mutual thing with him leaving and us wanting him to leave. There is no hard feelings about it, just seems like Michigan fans want to take some kind of moral victory about it, which is fucking pathetic.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how much he controls. But there is a philosophy we have at Alabama, Saban came in with that same philosophy and Nuss is not of the same philosophy.

That is why it was a mutual thing with him leaving and us wanting him to leave. There is no hard feelings about it, just seems like Michigan fans want to take some kind of moral victory about it, which is fucking pathetic.

Michigan ends up with a better coach while Saban is still trying to figure out why his defense was lit up by Trevor Knight. Saban looked confused and beat as shit. :lol:

Your loss is our gain. :suds:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban likes to run the ball, run the clock, keep the opponent's offense off the field and rest the defense so they can continue to dominate. But passing continuously and scoring quickly is not Bama's MO. Someone mentioned that Saban questioned multiple play calls by Nuss and I believe it. It was mutual separation. That's it.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan ends up with a better coach while Saban is still trying to figure out why his defense was lit up by Trevor Knight. Saban looked confused and beat as shit. :lol:

Look at the second half adjustments the defense made and how well they played. They did what defense is supposed to do and that's get off the field and give the offense a chance to score. Not sure how its our loss, when we let him walk. We didn't even try to keep him :laugh3:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is truly pissing off some Michigan fans that we as Bama fans are not upset at all that Nuss is gone. I think that is absolutely funny.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly pissing off some Michigan fans that we as Bama fans are not upset at all that Nuss is gone. I think that is absolutely funny.

I'm the opposite of upset.:lol:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's awesome seeing UM fans happy again. I'm sure you feel a little vindication for the absolute ass raping Saban put on y'all last season. Talk about looking confused and beat as shit, Bama's had D2 teams give them better games.

Anyhoo, Saban & Smart will figure things out with the D, that I'm not concerned about.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let them have their fun, they need this.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the opposite of upset.:lol:

I'm very happy. I have talked to a lot of Bama fans today and they all are very happy also. I'm also happy for Michigan and Nuss. They got a good OC and Nuss is somewhere where his philosophy and talents can be shown.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ladies need a room? Ahh, I see you have one. Carry on. :D

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope this dude get's M back on top of the Big 10..

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be a good hire.
The Michigan offense has looked pathetic for years now. Didn't look like there was any identity or philosophy to it at all. Just get out there and call a bunch of plays that don't work.
It cant get any worse.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Bama fans here. You fellas must of really liked this guy..

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a few years since they have had anything to be happy about other than recruiting.

Yep. I see no harm in it.

I think I'm even going to start acting upset about Nuss leaving. :noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really hoping he and I could become BFF's but that's ruined now. Thanks for that, it's all over for us now.

:gaah: en sech.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good guy. Good coach and good recruiter. We just did not care for his play calling. He had a very different philosophy than Saban and so they butted heads. But he is a good pick up for you guys.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's almost like the thread is partially about Alabama and people are talking about Alabama.

Crazy shit man, crazy shit.

PS: I think it's funny you -1 everyone.