• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MI snags Bama OC

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't worth it though.

We shall see.

Is Nuss already working his magic? Michigan offers Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kareem Walker, Jalen Dalton, and Thiyo Lakusa today....
....hmmmm...interesting.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

Is Nuss already working his magic? Michigan offers Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kareem Walker, Jalen Dalton, and Thiyo Lakusa today....
....hmmmm...interesting.

Possibly, should be a much better fit for y'all.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I miss being able to be this arrogant toward other fan bases. Especially Sparty fans. Good times.

Gotta get it while the gettin's good.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I miss being able to be this arrogant toward other fan bases. Especially Sparty fans. Good times.

Shrugging off coaches like it ain't no thing. Sheeeet beoches we be Bama mane. Can coach our fucking-selves!!! :laugh3:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the pride has now past for Michigan State and the fall is coming this fall. Losing 6 starters on defense and 3 starters on the O-line is going to crush this team. We aren't a just "reload" program like a Bama or a historical Michigan team. There are only so many times that Dantonio can turn a 2 star recruit into a 5 star player. It's been a nice run and we got the Rose Bowl and outright Big Ten title monkeys off of our back. Hopefully Connor Cook can do some huge improvements this off season now that he knows he is the starter.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pride has now past for Michigan State and the fall is coming this fall. Losing 6 starters on defense and 3 starters on the O-line is going to crush this team. We aren't a just "reload" program like a Bama or a historical Michigan team. There are only so many times that Dantonio can turn a 2 star recruit into a 5 star player. It's been a nice run and we got the Rose Bowl and outright Big Ten title monkeys off of our back. Hopefully Connor Cook can do some huge improvements this off season now that he knows he is the starter.

As long as your coaching staff remains intact I don't think you'll see a huge drop-off in the near future. You're still recruiting quite well in-state and the national exposure bodes well for your program. If Dantonio/Narduzzi can dip into CA, TX, and the south it'll soften the blow when players like Damon Webb (this kid will be very good) and Mark Ingram go out of state... Michigan has suffered much more from in-state whiffs recently than MSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as your coaching staff remains intact I don't think you'll see a huge drop-off in the near future. You're still recruiting quite well in-state and the national exposure bodes well for your program. If Dantonio/Narduzzi can dip into CA, TX, and the south it'll soften the blow when players like Damon Webb (this kid will be very good) and Mark Ingram go out of state... Michigan has suffered much more from in-state whiffs recently than MSU.

Michigan State is currently ranked 6th in the Big10 for the 2014 class and 36th over all. He have had one top 25 class since they started ranking them and that was #17 in 2009.

Can someone explain to me how Tennessee has 33 recruits committed? Didn't the SEC implement a limit on signing recruits?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State is currently ranked 6th in the Big10 for the 2014 class and 36th over all. He have had one top 25 class since they started ranking them and that was #17 in 2009.

Can someone explain to me how Tennessee has 33 recruits committed? Didn't the SEC implement a limit on signing recruits?

They've had 14 enroll early so they are back filling from past years class.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of coaching changes....Mike Vrabel just left OSU for the Houston Texans. :suds:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Michigan wants to run an Offense from the 1960's.
seems strange, might work
maybe they have the overwhelming talent it will take to make it work.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They tried the fad offense a couple of years ago and ended up getting crushed and putting themselves 5 years back from having any chance of doing anything.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's not like Nussmeier won anything while the OC at Alabama..................

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I love how everyone was saying "Bama's offense is terrible and bland and AJ McCarron is a terrible QB who is nothing more than a game manager." And now that Nuss is leaving it's "Bama's offense scored more points and blah blah and he developed AJ into a good QB" which is it?

Not one Bama fan said he was a bad OC. We're saying we didn't care for his play calling and all the passes. Look at the Sugar Bowl, AJ threw for more yards in that game than he had in any other game and guess what he threw 2 picks (1 a pick 6), was sacked God knows how many times and Bama lost! We are run first team that uses play action and we didn't run play action once in the second half. And that is just one example of questionable play calling and apparently Saban agreed otherwise Bama would have made an attempt to keep him.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I love how everyone was saying "Bama's offense is terrible and bland and AJ McCarron is a terrible QB who is nothing more than a game manager." And now that Nuss is leaving it's "Bama's offense scored more points and blah blah and he developed AJ into a good QB" which is it?

Not one Bama fan said he was a bad OC. We're saying we didn't care for his play calling and all the passes. Look at the Sugar Bowl, AJ threw for more yards in that game than he had in any other game and guess what he threw 2 picks (1 a pick 6), was sacked God knows how many times and Bama lost! We are run first team that uses play action and we didn't run play action once in the second half. And that is just one example of questionable play calling and apparently Saban agreed otherwise Bama would have made an attempt to keep him.

And yet they scored 31 points, looks like he called a pretty good game. Anytime the offense scores 24-35 points they did their job. Besides, blaming the interceptions and the sacks on the play calls takes away from the Oklahoma defense and defensive play calls.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always loved how he would run the 4th or 5th string running back out on the field for one play action play and nobody would bite on the play action because the running back had never carried the ball.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet they scored 31 points, looks like he called a pretty good game. Anytime the offense scores 24-35 points they did their job. Besides, blaming the interceptions and the sacks on the play calls takes away from the Oklahoma defense and defensive play calls.

He completely abandoned the run in the first half after a fumble. 1 fumble. Derrick Henry runs all over OU's defense and he doesn't use him. He didn't call play action at all in the second half. He had multiple chances in the second half to score and to win the game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just scoring points is not the only thing the offense does, nor is it just their job. There is a reason why Alabama is typically the slowest moving offense in the country on our national championship years. Throwing a long bomb for 7 is great and all that, but I'd take a long 8 minute drive over it any day of the week.