• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This weeks playoff rankings will be really interesting

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firsr 3 teams are no brainers and im assuming UGA stays at 4 but from that point on i think we could see some weird stuff.

Alabama loses Tua. The only reason i could possibly come up with as to why the Tide was 5 last week was "eye test" and we certainly know the biggest part of that eye test wasnt Bamas D. With Tua out now i cant see any way the committee leaves Bama at 5. Their resume is probably the worst of all the 1 loss teams and now theyre without the guy who made their eye test stick out.

Oregons "good loss" keeos getting worse. While its still decent its no longer enough to compensate for relatively poor top wins

Utahs loss is still blah. They still have no really good wins. I was surprised they were 7 last week honestly.

Oklahomas loss keeps getting worse and they keep looking REALLY suspect even in wins. That said they keep winning games vs good teams.

Penn St is the most interesting team of the lot. Better wins than anyone from 5 on down, a solid loss yet and added another good wib this week ( and their wins over Iowa and Michigan got substantially better too ).

To me i think its clear Penn St has the best resume of the teams discussed but if the committee is going to value eye test as much as they ckearly did last week how far could Bama fall ? 9? 10?

It would be an odd thing to see the Tide stay at 5 given all the other resumes being so much better now that Tua is out

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Oregon's (6 point) loss, in the first game, on a neutral field, to Auburn as "getting worse".

With or without TUA, Alabama is my clear #4 until they suffer a worst loss than #1 LSU.

Alabama has a scrimmage with Western Carolina on Saturday to warm up for their regular season finale @ Auburn.

They win @ Auburn and they'll have no CCG to lose, so most likely Alabama is in the CFP.

Ohio St still has #9 Penn St, @ #12 Michigan, and a likely CCG to play.

That's Oregon's best avenue to sneak in assuming they win out.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Oregon's (6 point) loss, in the first game, on a neutral field, to Auburn as "getting worse".

With or without TUA, Alabama is my clear #4 until they suffer a worst loss than #1 LSU.

Alabama has a scrimmage with Western Carolina on Saturday to warm up for their regular season finale @ Auburn.

They win @ Auburn and they'll have no CCG to lose, so most likely Alabama is in the CFP.

I wonder if the committee puts Bama in over 1-loss P5 champion. They did in 2017 because OSU had 2 losses. Curious to see what they do if Oregon/OU/Bama all end with 1 loss

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the committee puts Bama in over 1-loss P5 champion. They did in 2017 because OSU had 2 losses. Curious to see what they do if Oregon/OU/Bama all end with 1 loss

Bama is excluded, and it comes down to OU or the PAC Champ (UO or UU)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know man thats a tough argument to make without Tua. To have Bama at 4 youd badically have to solely be claiming eye test as their results just arent as good. Making the " theyre clearly one of the 4 best teams " argument this year was going to be tough even with him. Without him i just cant see it. Im wondering if the committee drops them this week to avoid having to explain it later

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know man thats a tough argument to make without Tua. To have Bama at 4 youd badically have to solely be claiming eye test as their results just arent as good. Making the " theyre clearly one of the 4 best teams " argument this year was going to be tough even with him. Without him i just cant see it. Im wondering if the committee drops them this week to avoid having to explain it later

Non-champs will get dropped the last week. They could drop them for the Tua injury now.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet they drop them below Georgia this week, claiming more that Georgias win over Auburn was impressive, and then keep Oregon/Utah/Oklahoma right on their asses so that if any of them go 12-1 and win the conf champ, the committee will be able to use the Conf Champ angle.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they drop them below Georgia this week, claiming more that Georgias win over Auburn was impressive, and then keep Oregon/Utah/Oklahoma right on their asses so that if any of them go 12-1 and win the conf champ, the committee will be able to use the Conf Champ angle.
Theyre already behind UGA so theyll definitely be no higher than 5. I just think its easier to drop them now and avoid the contriversy later. Now youve got the built in "Tua got hurt, theyre not the same team" excuse. Tough to wait and then do that

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the committee keeps Alabama put at #5. Winning @ Auburn in two weeks will trump Oregon's loss to Auburn on a neutral field. Why make a change before seeing if Tua makes that much of an impact?

Georgia still has to play LSU in the CCG.

If Alabama wins it's final two, the only way they get left out is if Georgia were to beat LSU in the SEC CCG.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theyre already behind UGA so theyll definitely be no higher than 5. I just think its easier to drop them now and avoid the contriversy later. Now youve got the built in "Tua got hurt, theyre not the same team" excuse. Tough to wait and then do that

Oh ya duh, i was looking at AP poll. What if Bama destroys Auburn in final game though? and backup shows out like Cardale Jones? Unfortunately we just have no clarity into what the Committee really does behind closed doors, and i wouldnt put anything past the, at this point.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the committee keeps Alabama put at #5. Winning @ Auburn in two weeks will trump Oregon's loss to Auburn on a neutral field. Why make a change before seeing if Tua makes that much of an impact?

Georgia still has to play LSU in the CCG.

If Alabama wins it's final two, the only way they get left out is if Georgia were to beat LSU in the SEC CCG.

According to what it says on our bet, you have to go to the betting exchange and agree with me that you won in order to collect the bet. I've already clicked on your name that you're the winner.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama has to go back to what got them 5 championships under Saban...to some degree. The run game is finally coming around so ride Najee Harris and B-Rob. Clock control and just let Mac Jones manage the game.

Maybe then the defense can rest some more and not be on the field for 90 plays a game. And they have played better the last couple weeks, not great but better