• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MI snags Bama OC

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see how much he's being paid at Michigan compared to what he was making at Bama... Bama assistants are notoriously well paid, and nothing against Michigan, but this move just seems like a lateral move AT BEST...

Does he have some sort of ties to Michigan that I'm unaware of?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see how much he's being paid at Michigan compared to what he was making at Bama... Bama assistants are notoriously well paid, and nothing against Michigan, but this move just seems like a lateral move AT BEST...

Does he have some sort of ties to Michigan that I'm unaware of?

Nope, the closest tie he has is that he was a QB coach for MSU. According to the reports, he will be one of the top 5 highest paid coordinators in the country. So obviously we topped what Alabama was paying him.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the closest tie he has is that he was a QB coach for MSU. According to the reports, he will be one of the top 5 highest paid coordinators in the country. So obviously we topped what Alabama felt he was worth.

fify

:wink:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, the closest tie he has is that he was a QB coach for MSU. According to the reports, he will be one of the top 5 highest paid coordinators in the country. So obviously we topped what Alabama was paying him.
The first question I asked when I heard this was why didnt Bama match the offer? I think it is a good move for Michigan as it seemed they can only improve with what they had. Still curious why Bama did not fight this at all.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first question I asked when I heard this was why didnt Bama match the offer? I think it is a good move for Michigan as it seemed they can only improve with what they had. Still curious why Bama did not fight this at all.

For some reason I think Saban wants Kiffen and saw this as an opportunity.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's that, it's more like the stereotypical "we didn't want X person anyway" after person X chooses another school. It happens all the time in coaching searches and recruiting. I think it would have more weight if we heard more about your deep desire to change offensive coordinators prior to your OC leaving for another school.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/alabama-crimson-tide/133292-my-thoughts-our-2013-season.html

Paragraph 5, you're welcome! :drum:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's that, it's more like the stereotypical "we didn't want X person anyway" after person X chooses another school. It happens all the time in coaching searches and recruiting. I think it would have more weight if we heard more about your deep desire to change offensive coordinators prior to your OC leaving for another school.

The frustrations have been mentioned on here lots of times and nobody has said he's a bad coach, just not the best fit for Alabama. If I was upset I wouldn't hesitate to say it, it's not like I'm worried about what some random person on a message board is going think lol.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We may end up hearing of a counter offer or something but I think it was mutual as much as anything really at this point. It's not as if Bama couldn't match an offer if they felt he was worth it, so I figure he either just wanted out or Bama just didn't feel the need to fight for him or a combo of both. Either way I'm excited to how it all unfolds.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not but the rumor mill is wide open here with talks of Kiffen being our next OC.

I can't stand Kiffen myself, but I do think he's a good coordinator and think he could possibly be an asset working under a coach like Saban who pretty much has full control of the program and could limit Kiffins off the field dumbassery. I'd rather look in a different direction personally though.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Kiffen myself, but I do think he's a good coordinator and think he could possibly be an asset working under a coach like Saban who pretty much has full control of the program and could limit Kiffins off the field dumbassery. I'd rather look in a different direction personally though.

Since Saban doesn't allow the coordinators to speak to the media that will help keep Kiffen from saying something really stupid to the media.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pretend Nussmeier isn't a good coach.

Thought Bama fans were classier than this? In their defense, when you win as much as Bama does, handling losing is never easy. :suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW starting to think Nussmeier is Hoke's eventual replacement at HC. Just a hunch. His resume > Hoke's resume.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Bama fans were classier than this? In their defense, when you win as much as Bama does, handling losing is never easy. :suds:

I think most pretty much agree that he's a good coach, just not the best fit for Bama. I can act upset if it'd make y'all feel better though. :happy:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most pretty much agree that he's a good coach, just not the best fit for Bama. I can act upset if it'd make y'all feel better though. :happy:

It will make me feel better when Sparty isn't the best team in MI anymore. Already feels like forever.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will make me feel better when Sparty isn't the best team in MI anymore. Already feels like forever.

They've stepped their game up, that's for sure. If UM can get the right combo of coaches in there they'll be back at some point. UM is the kind of program that's not going to stay down forever.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban's having a love affair with Kiffin.

Considering Borges was paid very well (Mattison: $750k - $1 mil by 2016) it would be no surprise to see Nussmeier land a huge contract.