• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo To Heat

Could Melo be added to the Heat successfully?

• Yes, with work.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Not a chance.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Die in a fire MIA fan.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Get a relevant team LA fan.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think Melo and Wade should switch SG/SF positions on the offensive side.

Defensively I think Melo at the PF so he hopefully wouldn't have to move as much.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the D-Wade that he was 3-4 years ago and his skills are going to continue to diminish. But, done?!? No.

If the Heat can continue to rest him throughout the season as they have been and he can stay close to healthy, he's got a good 2-3 seasons at all-star or close to it level play in him.

he is 32. tons of abuse on those knees. he will never be DWade of 2006. but i trust wade to be there when the heat need him most more so than any other player on this team. i dont care about the regular season.. i like seeing him in a suit on the sideline. i know when we need that win vs Indy come may Wade will be there and he will be playing well.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them stated they want to contend, not rebuild.

Ignore the numbers, assume that they take that pay cut, who plays where and with what roles?

Also assume Melo is willing to be the #1b or #2a or what ever.

If I was Miami... You have to go

Chalmers/Wade/Melo/Bron/Bosh.

Move lebron to PG for periods when you need birdman to get some time. It would be fun to watch, I am just not a huge Melo guy. He doesnt play defense for shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is 32. tons of abuse on those knees. he will never be DWade of 2006. but i trust wade to be there when the heat need him most more so than any other player on this team. i dont care about the regular season.. i like seeing him in a suit on the sideline. i know when we need that win vs Indy come may Wade will be there and he will be playing well.

:agree: D-Wade is a gamer. In the playoffs, if he can walk, he'll play. I think the Heat would be smart to rest him for a game or 2 in the early rounds as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: D-Wade is a gamer. In the playoffs, if he can walk, he'll play. I think the Heat would be smart to rest him for a game or 2 in the early rounds as well.

Considering the East (outside of Indiana and Miami) is so weak this year, that's not entirely far fetched. But to echo what you said earlier in this thread; Wade will never be 2006 Wade. The knowledgeable portion of Heat fans have recognized this. But Wade's still arguably the top SG in the game (Kobe's been injured for the last season so I'm not including him as I have years past). To say Wade has only 1 or 2 years left, or that he'll retire if the Heat 3-peat is far fetched. If Manu Ginobli's still playing at 36, then there's no reason to think that Wade can't play an additional 3 to 4 years around the same age given they both play/played with the same reckless style. Wade will diminish in time, but I don't think he's anywhere near done.

Back to Melo.....he's not coming to Miami. Yes, Melo wants to win rings as does Lebron and every single other player in the NBA. But at some point there's a limit on what they're going to take as far as a pay cut goes. Wade has not given any indication that he's retiring soon and who knows what any of Miami's big 3 does this year. You can throw out all the hypothetical's, all of the "Well, player A wants to win rings so he'll give up the money". Fact is, nobody knows what any of them are thinking. But I know the current structure of the CBA will prevent Miami from having all 4 of them on the same team. The league would be up in arms if that ever happened, and I certainly wouldn't blame anybody.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them stated they want to contend, not rebuild.

Ignore the numbers, assume that they take that pay cut, who plays where and with what roles?

Also assume Melo is willing to be the #1b or #2a or what ever.

:L

That says enough!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade causually goes 10-14 again lol

Center's wish they could be this efficient.