• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Melo and 'Bronbron in LA in '14

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
Im really beginning to think this is his last year as a Laker.
I guess alot depends on his recovery.

And honestly, no joking aside, the Lakers might be better off without him after this season if he really wants more then let's say 10M.

The salary cap is what it is when building a roster. If Kobe/Nash are eating up 20+M next summer, it greatly limits the chance of adding 2 big time players vs 1.

It may well be his last!! I agree that a lot will have to do with how well he recovers from the injury!! What I think will be most interesting is if the Lakers won't pay him what he wants, will someone else?

In all honesty, at his age and coming off of that injury, even if he plays well and seems fully recovered, I don't see a contending team paying him big bucks. I could see a team that isn't contending and needs butts in seats giving him a big contract, but not a contender or a Lakers team that is re-building!!

He may have to decide whether he wants to try and got what he feels he's worth or whether he wants to "swallow his pride" and take less so that the Lakers can get the players to contend with him still on the team!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way we get Wallace is the sucker who takes Rondo and Wallace. Only way a team would take his horrible contract would be if it was a Rondo trade.

Yeah, the Celtics may just have to eat that Wallace contract because giving up Rondo would be too much, imo!!

I'm not sure of the cba rules, could Wallace be amnestied?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may well be his last!! I agree that a lot will have to do with how well he recovers from the injury!! What I think will be most interesting is if the Lakers won't pay him what he wants, will someone else?

In all honesty, at his age and coming off of that injury, even if he plays well and seems fully recovered, I don't see a contending team paying him big bucks. I could see a team that isn't contending and needs butts in seats giving him a big contract, but not a contender or a Lakers team that is re-building!!

He may have to decide whether he wants to try and got what he feels he's worth or whether he wants to "swallow his pride" and take less so that the Lakers can get the players to contend with him still on the team!!

I think if he takes a significant pay cut, it won't be for the Lakers.

It would be a hand picked legit championship contender.

Most interesting choices IMO would be the Heat or Clippers, for obvious reasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he takes a significant pay cut, it won't be for the Lakers.

It would be a hand picked legit championship contender.

Most interesting choices IMO would be the Heat or Clippers, for obvious reasons.

So you're thinking that the Heat and Lakers will do a Kobe/Lebron sign and trade?:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, I think that whether or not Kobe took a steep pay cut to stay with the Lakers would be determined by who the Lakers could get!!

Example (and don't get your panties twisted, you opened the door with Kobe to the Heat suggestion): why would Kobe take a steep pay cut to join Lebron in Miami, if the same pay cut (or slightly less of one considering the Lakers aren't that afraid of the luxury tax) could bring Lebron to the Lakers?

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see LeBron in LA, but Kobe will be gone. I think they want to give Kobe two more years with a star next to him and some decent role players like Gasol. No way LeBron, Melo and Kobe are on the same team. That just isn't possible. I don't see how Melo fits with Kobe anyways.

It should be interesting. It makes sense for Lebron since Lebron needs multiple superstars around him to win....In fact Lebron won 2 bronze medals without Kobe. With Kobe 2 gold medals..

Personally I don't want to see Kobe win Lebron any rings...As far as I'm concerned and almost EVERYONE else, Lebron has 0 legit rings. 1 Asterisk ring, and 1 ring where he choked the season away only to be SAVED by Ray Allen....

Let's see Lebron win some rings without superstars on his team like Kobe did..Till Lebron does that NO ONE'S IMPRESSED.

Peace

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in hell Lebron goes to LA, especially Melo and Lebron. But Melo alone a possibility.

Lebron has a way better chance of going to Cleveland than LA, considering they have a younger core and really a better shot at the playoffs and eventually a title.

False. Lebron, if he leaves Miami has a better chance of going to the Lakers. As much as I hate the Lakers, and sometimes there fans attitude on this, they're right. LA is a prime destination (as is Miami) for players to go to.

Outside of Kyrie Irving, whom happens to be injured way more than Wade who are separated by 10 years of age, who else from the Cavs roster is highly sought after? I don't see teams scrambling to try to get Dion Waters or Tristan Thompson. Furthermore, Lebron has now won two titles and no way it takes - to have other All-stars on your team with the way the NBA is now constructed.

As I just outlined, Kyrie Irving can barely stay healthy and he's only 21 years of age. How's his body going to hold up once he reaches the ECF and has to play a physical series against a team like the Bulls and Pacers? With the Lakers he knows other players will want to join him there, Chris Bosh didn't want to come to Cleveland to try to win - he wanted to go down to Miami.

Besides, as I remember it most Cleveland fans were hoping he never comes back and hoped he never won. Call Miami fans fickle all you want. At least our owner didn't come out with some asinine statement saying we'd win a title before Lebron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Kyrie Irving, whom happens to be injured way more than Wade who are separated by 10 years of age, who else from the Cavs roster is highly sought after? I don't see teams scrambling to try to get Dion Waters or Tristan Thompson. Furthermore, Lebron has now won two titles and knows what it takes - to have other All-stars on your team with the way the NBA is now constructed.

I should probably read over my comments before posting. :gaah:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, forget it. At this point, I'm tired of outlining why there's a chance that it could happen. If it happens, good...if it doesn't, we move on to 2015. We'll get somebody(s) in one of those FA classes

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be interesting. It makes sense for Lebron since Lebron needs multiple superstars around him to win....In fact Lebron won 2 bronze medals without Kobe. With Kobe 2 gold medals..

Personally I don't want to see Kobe win Lebron any rings...As far as I'm concerned and almost EVERYONE else, Lebron has 0 legit rings. 1 Asterisk ring, and 1 ring where he choked the season away only to be SAVED by Ray Allen....

Let's see Lebron win some rings without superstars on his team like Kobe did..Till Lebron does that NO ONE'S IMPRESSED.

Peace
Almost Everyone = You and your mother?

I would be able to laugh you off if you weren't so embarrassingly stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, I think that whether or not Kobe took a steep pay cut to stay with the Lakers would be determined by who the Lakers could get!!

Example (and don't get your panties twisted, you opened the door with Kobe to the Heat suggestion): why would Kobe take a steep pay cut to join Lebron in Miami, if the same pay cut (or slightly less of one considering the Lakers aren't that afraid of the luxury tax) could bring Lebron to the Lakers?

Kobe said he isnt looking to take a steep pay cut, so why would you assume who the Lakers get or dont get would change that?

Pretty much the opposite of what Dirk said, and really poses the question of why say anything at all?

As far as James and your luxury tax question, do you understand that you can't get into a luxury tax situation when you are building your roster as the Lakers will be doing?
The salary cap will limit their options.
The tax problems won't kick in until it is time resign whatever players they do get.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kobe has been playing 20 years, there is not that much left to dominate night in and night out and no way Leroy goes to the laker if there is any chance of kobe un retiring. I bet its a clause in the deal.

What position are you replacing one of these 3's with? will the team be 1-3-3-4-5 or 1-2-3-3-5 or is lebron gonna play point guard all the time not just when he feels like it?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammertime, I think you were hitting the sauce a little early yesterday? LBJ and Melo in LA? :D

ignoring that LBJ will never play with Melo or Kobe the 3 could actually work as a great back court. The hardest part would be getting Kobe and Melo to buy into being team players but if LBJ was running the point he could make this work and work very well.

The biggest problem would be when the ball is inbounded and Kobe or Melo accept the inbound pass.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe said he isnt looking to take a steep pay cut, so why would you assume who the Lakers get or dont get would change that?

Pretty much the opposite of what Dirk said, and really poses the question of why say anything at all?

As far as James and your luxury tax question, do you understand that you can't get into a luxury tax situation when you are building your roster as the Lakers will be doing?
The salary cap will limit their options.
The tax problems won't kick in until it is time resign whatever players they do get.

You act like Kobe has a choice. The market will drive what he gets and I don't see there being much of a market for a 34+ year old 2 guard coming off of an achilles rupture!!

Kobe said he's "not just going to a big pay cut". I take that to mean that he's not going to sit down with the Lakers or anyone else and just accept the veteran's minimum or MLE or anything!! So basically, when the time comes, he will meet with the Lakers and whomever else may be interested and see what he can get!!

As far as James, it really doesn't matter about the luxury tax. If the Lakers can Lebron, they will, even if it means Kobe leaves so they can build a better team around Lebron!!

I should have known you'd get caught up in the minutae of the luxury tax comment rather than answer the actual question, so let me re-phrase based off your comment that the question came from.

Why would Kobe take a paycut to go to Miami and play with Lebron, if the same paycut could bring Lebron to the Lakers?