• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Melo and 'Bronbron in LA in '14

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, dude's ALWAYS trying to bag on the Lakers...

Back to the reading and compression issue?

Where did I say the Cavs were better then the Lakers?

Point was, the East bottom should be much weaker than the West bottom.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that those old, slow guys will be gone by the time the Lakers could even make an offer to Lebron, Melo or anyone else, right?

You really need to get over the old, slow thing. It's like you think those guys are all signed for the next 5 years or something!!

All I can do is look at the roster right now. And that's what they are. Kobe should still be there though.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in hell Lebron goes to LA, especially Melo and Lebron. But Melo alone a possibility.

Lebron has a way better chance of going to Cleveland than LA, considering they have a younger core and really a better shot at the playoffs and eventually a title.

Would you even welcome him back? If Pierce left for 4 years chasing titles, I'd tell him to get lost.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that those old, slow guys will be gone by the time the Lakers could even make an offer to Lebron, Melo or anyone else, right?

You really need to get over the old, slow thing. It's like you think those guys are all signed for the next 5 years or something!!

Even with a gutted roster next summer, it still won't be a fast/ easy process for the Lakers.

Lets remember, the Heat got 3 of the best players in the league to sign for a discount.
Even doing so, it was a chore to fill the roster with much more then a bunch a veteran minimums.

The West is tough and deep.

James would give you hope.
Anyone else puts you nowhere close.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you even welcome him back? If Pierce left for 4 years chasing titles, I'd tell him to get lost.

I have always been a Lebron fan, watched him play HS bball. So yes I would welcome him back with open arms. Most of those Cavs fans it would be hard to welcome him back, but eventually they would. Just don't think it will happen.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hell I'll look at the starting 5.

5. Bynum
4. ? Zeller/Bennett
3. LeBron
2. Waiters
1. Irving

Not bad, not bad.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been a Lebron fan, watched him play HS bball. So yes I would welcome him back with open arms. Most of those Cavs fans it would be hard to welcome him back, but eventually they would. Just don't think it will happen.

I bet most Cavs fan would be like "fuck LeBron", then he comes back and everyone is happy as could be lol. I don't see him leaving the Heat for Cavs though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can do is look at the roster right now. And that's what they are. Kobe should still be there though.

But you're looking at the roster right now as if this will be the roster during free agency next summer. As of right now, the only players that will be on the roster at that time are Steve Nash and Robert Sacre!!

Outside of Sacre, every player that the Lakers have signed during this free agency, is signed a 1 year deal!!

The Lakers will have a very different look right about this time next year!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're looking at the roster right now as if this will be the roster during free agency next summer. As of right now, the only players that will be on the roster at that time are Steve Nash and Robert Sacre!!

Outside of Sacre, every player that the Lakers have signed during this free agency, is signed a 1 year deal!!

Yah, but if Kobe is there no way they sign even one, right??

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, but if Kobe is there no way they sign even one, right??

Wrong!! Kobe is not the "free agent poison" that haters seem to think he is!! He gets blamed for Shaq leaving and for Dwight, but reality is that those decisions had little or nothing to do with Kobe!!

Every player who has played with him on the Olympic teams has had nothing but good things to say about him. They marvel at his work ethic and talk about how much they have learned from him!!

Pau Gasol is one of the most skilled bigs in the league, his name comes up every season in trade rumors and he has always made it very clear that he doesn't want to go anywhere else!! Why would he do that if he didn't want to play with Kobe? If he didn't want to play with Kobe, he could have insisted that the Lakers trade him. Yet he all but begs to stay. Why is that?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish the Celtics were like that. I pray Danny dumps the Wallace contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Celtics were like that. I pray Danny dumps the Wallace contract.

Believe me, I think that the only reason that it's happening this way is that Jeannie, Phil and Mitch must have Short Buss bound, gagged and locked in the basement as Staples Center!!

There is no way that he is smart enough to be pulling this off!!

I think the Celtics are in good shape to build (especially if Ainge dumps the Wallace contract). It just might take them a little longer because they'll have to go mostly through the draft as they don't have the financial resources that the Lakers do.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, post it

Not so fast. Kobe bleeds purple and gold, but he’s also a very smart businessman.
“I’m not taking any at all – that’s the negotiation that you have to have.” Kobe Bryant told Lakers Nation in an exclusive interview at his Kobe Basketball Academy on Wednesday. “For me to sit here and say, ‘Oh yeah, I’m just going to take a huge pay cut. Nah, I’m going to try to get as much as I possibly can.”
If you were hoping Kobe would think about taking a minimum salary in 2014, think again. Both Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett are examples of veterans who sacrificed more than half their salaries for their teams, but Kobe is a different breed – a financially savvy individual. Bryant also said the business side is always “strange” and “uncomfortable” for athletes, who find themselves in situations where they will get “backlashed, inevitably.”
Bryant though, isn’t afraid of the backlash, and he never has been. Both on and off the court, where others find themselves uncomfortable, Kobe thrives.

this wasn't it, but is also interesting.
Let me find the other.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast. Kobe bleeds purple and gold, but he’s also a very smart businessman.
“I’m not taking any at all – that’s the negotiation that you have to have.” Kobe Bryant told Lakers Nation in an exclusive interview at his Kobe Basketball Academy on Wednesday. “For me to sit here and say, ‘Oh yeah, I’m just going to take a huge pay cut. Nah, I’m going to try to get as much as I possibly can.”
If you were hoping Kobe would think about taking a minimum salary in 2014, think again. Both Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett are examples of veterans who sacrificed more than half their salaries for their teams, but Kobe is a different breed – a financially savvy individual. Bryant also said the business side is always “strange” and “uncomfortable” for athletes, who find themselves in situations where they will get “backlashed, inevitably.”
Bryant though, isn’t afraid of the backlash, and he never has been. Both on and off the court, where others find themselves uncomfortable, Kobe thrives.

this wasn't it, but is also interesting.
Let me find the other.

No one has suggested Kobe would be taking any kind of minimum salary!! What has been said is that he won't get another max deal!! He should try to get as much as he can, but that doesn't mean that he'll get as much as he wants!! There is a point at which the Lakers will say "Thanks for the memories" and send him on his way and only the Lakers know where that point is!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, post it

I'm happy for him," Bryant said, without a hint of his usual sarcasm. "I've said that before. I'm happy for him. It's important for free agents to make decisions that they feel is best for them. That's really what it's about, being a free agent. You have to make decisions that you feel is best for you, best for your family and best for your brand, whatever it may be. So, it is what it is."

This is what I was talking about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has suggested Kobe would be taking any kind of minimum salary!! What has been said is that he won't get another max deal!! He should try to get as much as he can, but that doesn't mean that he'll get as much as he wants!! There is a point at which the Lakers will say "Thanks for the memories" and send him on his way and only the Lakers know where that point is!!

Agree.
Im really beginning to think this is his last year as a Laker.
I guess alot depends on his recovery.

And honestly, no joking aside, the Lakers might be better off without him after this season if he really wants more then let's say 10M.

The salary cap is what it is when building a roster. If Kobe/Nash are eating up 20+M next summer, it greatly limits the chance of adding 2 big time players vs 1.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I think that the only reason that it's happening this way is that Jeannie, Phil and Mitch must have Short Buss bound, gagged and locked in the basement as Staples Center!!

There is no way that he is smart enough to be pulling this off!!

I think the Celtics are in good shape to build (especially if Ainge dumps the Wallace contract). It just might take them a little longer because they'll have to go mostly through the draft as they don't have the financial resources that the Lakers do.

Only way we get Wallace is the sucker who takes Rondo and Wallace. Only way a team would take his horrible contract would be if it was a Rondo trade.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
Im really beginning to think this is his last year as a Laker.
I guess alot depends on his recovery.

And honestly, no joking aside, the Lakers might be better off without him after this season if he really wants more then let's say 10M.

The salary cap is what it is when building a roster. If Kobe/Nash are eating up 20+M next summer, it greatly limits the chance of adding 2 big time players vs 1.

I agree. Kobe either takes a big pay cut or LA is much better off. Go land 2 max contract guys and rebuild. Or keep Kobe and get 1, it's really that simple. Kobe aint taking no pay cut let's be real here.