• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCarron possible trade

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no problem with your assessment of McCarron, but assuming no Kirk, what would be the correct direction in your opinion.

That's the thing I'm so pissed about, well one of several. They somehow put themselves in the position to be the first team in memory to lose a good QB in his prime and every possible solution is a step back, a big step back. I see no plan B, giving up a high pick on a guy with 100 career attempts is a step back. Watson is a huge risk and won't be there at 17 so that means a trade up involving more picks that are needed in other areas. Going with Colt or another backup means 5 win seasons for the foreseeable future.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo had Elizabeth Hasselbach for a preseason. Thats the closest we got to a hot wife.

So did the Redskins when Tim Hasselbeck played for the Redskins in the early 2000s. Unfortunately - this involved Hasselbeck actually playing at times. Only QB that I can recall that put up a zero QB rating in a game (w/ more than 20 attempts) - awful.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing I'm so pissed about, well one of several. They somehow put themselves in the position to be the first team in memory to lose a good QB in his prime and every possible solution is a step back, a big step back. I see no plan B, giving up a high pick on a guy with 100 career attempts is a step back. Watson is a huge risk and won't be there at 17 so that means a trade up involving more picks that are needed in other areas. Going with Colt or another backup means 5 win seasons for the foreseeable future.

Agree. That is why I keep maintaining that they are going to lose a chunk of their fan base (at least for a while) if they get rid of Cousins & don't have a great upcoming season. Hardly anyone is going to put of w/ the rebuilding BS that they will spew given the recent past. I realize that this doesn't include diehards like the ones on this forum but this would likely really irk a lot of the overall fanbase. I see no choice but for them to extend him in the next few months. I believe that it will get done & they are simply in a high stakes poker game rt now.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. That is why I keep maintaining that they are going to lose a chunk of their fan base (at least for a while) if they get rid of Cousins & don't have a great upcoming season. Hardly anyone is going to put of w/ the rebuilding BS that they will spew given the recent past. I realize that this doesn't include diehards like the ones on this forum but this would likely really irk a lot of the overall fanbase. I see no choice but for them to extend him in the next few months. I believe that it will get done & they are simply in a high stakes poker game rt now.

I have missed a game and a half in 45 years. Stopping just short of driving out to greet the team at the airport I consider myself a die hard. But I just can't shake what has taken place the past month, it still has the "final straw" feel to it and it really has forced me to re-evaluate. I can't just quit and jump on another team with both feet, I won't go so far as to root against the Redskins, but I may be forced to just tune them out for the foreseeable future. They have left me with little choice and it's heart breaking.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have missed a game and a half in 45 years. Stopping just short of driving out to greet the team at the airport I consider myself a die hard. But I just can't shake what has taken place the past month, it still has the "final straw" feel to it and it really has forced me to re-evaluate. I can't just quit and jump on another team with both feet, I won't go so far as to root against the Redskins, but I may be forced to just tune them out for the foreseeable future. They have left me with little choice and it's heart breaking.

No matter how the rest of this off season rolls, I will probably watch every game. But I can say this is the first time I have actually planned NOT to go to any games. I cant in good faith spend what it costs to travel to DC or other places with this sinking feeling that Bruce and Dan will find a way to screw this up not just for this season, but for a very long time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how the rest of this off season rolls, I will probably watch every game. But I can say this is the first time I have actually planned NOT to go to any games. I cant in good faith spend what it costs to travel to DC or other places with this sinking feeling that Bruce and Dan will find a way to screw this up not just for this season, but for a very long time.

Yep - I hear you. I was really looking forward to this season since I can travel back to LA to catch either the Rams or Chargers game but having some second thoughts now - we will see. Of course our opinions could be swayed if they extend Cousins & have more success next season (in spite of the BS that is occurring at Redskins Park).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you both should watch your teams at the stadium and enjoy them , screw the rest

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did the Redskins when Tim Hasselbeck played for the Redskins in the early 2000s. Unfortunately - this involved Hasselbeck actually playing at times. Only QB that I can recall that put up a zero QB rating in a game (w/ more than 20 attempts) - awful.

So basically on par with Bills QBs over the last 10 or so years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you both should watch your teams at the stadium and enjoy them , screw the rest

I will watch them on TV. But remember, I would have to drive just as far as you would to go to a game in person. As I get the feeling the FO is going to do something to make those games rather pointless, Im not going to drive 16 hours to pay $210 a seat, plus $70 for parking to drive home 16 hours in a foul mood.

Now I admit this could change depending on how this off season proceeds from here. But as for right now, I can figure a better use for the average $5-6G it costs me to go to four games in person.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if it's been said already but I haven't read all the messages here. But I heard trading him to the Browns along with pick No.9 in Round 1 for No. 12 pick in first round and No. 33 overall pick as well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis: Bengals haven’t talked about trading AJ McCarron

For anyone possible dreaming of McCarron being on this team anytime soon you might want to think again. Ain't happening.

For the record, McCarrons name was thrown out as some one we could possibly get that wouldnt require a total revamping of how we run our offense based on the particular skill set of the QB. As most of the other names that were being tossed around up to that point (Tyrod Taylor for example) were not an optimal fit to how our offense is designed.

I for one never expected him to come here and figure we are either going to roll with Kirk on the tag and draft a QB, or draft a QB and roll with McCoy after trading Kirk. I have little faith that we will give Kirk a long term deal at this point.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know Sty said acquiring McCarron as a backup or possible starter if Cousins was not signed. Trade talk about McCarron has been around since early Jan. I mentioned that before.

I have not given up on the idea that Cousins will be here for the next few years. It just might not be the traditional long term contract. As long as the Skins keep tagging him there is no reason for his agent to ask for one at any less than the current tag. Could he be gone in 2018, sure. Could he be here in 2018, I still believe it is possible. I am not going on suicide watch yet.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the good things about Gruden is he's relatively honest. His instinct is to be honest rather than spin or lie. In his interview yesterday, he pretty much let it be known (I don't think intentionally) that they're done negotiating with Cousins this year, and he hopes they negotiate a long-term deal next offseason. Gruden is definitely a Cousins believer. No surprises - but that's the way it is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently KC has been offered a 5 yr deal by us according to twitter.. take it with a grain of salt though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently KC has been offered a 5 yr deal by us according to twitter.. take it with a grain of salt though

Yeah I read and heard about that from several sources today. The numbers from all of those reports were pretty consistent....5 years 120Million 24Million guaranteed, few or low number of incentives.

Bruce?? Bruce are you listening? that's 20 million per year and just between us, it's 2017 that offer would have been acceptable in 2016.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read and heard about that from several sources today. The numbers from all of those reports were pretty consistent....5 years 120Million 24Million guaranteed, few or low number of incentives.

Bruce?? Bruce are you listening? that's 20 million per year and just between us, it's 2017 that offer would have been acceptable in 2016.

I think its actually six years, $120M with $24M guaranteed. But yea its still $20M. If it were a 5 year deal, it would be $24M and the only sticking point would be Guaranteed money.

Me thinks Bruce is doing what he does, spin doctoring.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its actually six years, $120M with $24M guaranteed. But yea its still $20M. If it were a 5 year deal, it would be $24M and the only sticking point would be Guaranteed money.

I think the 24 mil guaranteed is bogus . That is a stupid offer

Me thinks Bruce is doing what he does, spin doctoring.