• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCarron possible trade

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, calm down.. not to us. But I figured I would throw this there because I know for a moment he was a hot topic as a possible upgrade to Cousins.

A.J. McCarron - Cincinnati Bengals - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official website believes owner Mike Brown would consider trading A.J. McCarron to the Browns for the "right price."
Hobson hints the Bengals could send McCarron and their No. 9 overall pick to the Browns in exchange for picks 12 and 33. The Bengals, along with most teams outside of the top five, want to move down in the first round and accumulate more selections. McCarron is probably a distant Plan B for the Browns, as they figure to make at least one more run at Jimmy Garoppolo.

I for one find it interesting that the Bengals would consider trading a possible franchise QB to a Division rival at any price. So does this say more about the desperation of the Browns if it goes down, or does it hint that maybe the Bengals know something we general fans dont??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, calm down.. not to us. But I figured I would throw this there because I know for a moment he was a hot topic as a possible upgrade to Cousins.

Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official website believes owner Mike Brown would consider trading A.J. McCarron to the Browns for the "right price."
Hobson hints the Bengals could send McCarron and their No. 9 overall pick to the Browns in exchange for picks 12 and 33. The Bengals, along with most teams outside of the top five, want to move down in the first round and accumulate more selections. McCarron is probably a distant Plan B for the Browns, as they figure to make at least one more run at Jimmy Garoppolo.

I for one find it interesting that the Bengals would consider trading a possible franchise QB to a Division rival at any price. So does this say more about the desperation of the Browns if it goes down, or does it hint that maybe the Bengals know something we general fans dont??

If the Browns overpay in draft picks for McCarron why not? If the Browns were smart they would give one or two of there many 2nd round picks to the Bengals to get him. To get Grap the Pats want two first rounder's which is nuts.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns overpay in draft picks for McCarron why not? If the Browns were smart they would give one or two of there many 2nd round picks to the Bengals to get him. To get Grap the Pats want two first rounder's which is nuts.

If you really think some one has the potential to be a franchise QB, and you already have one.... you might trade him, but not within your division. The haul the Bengals would have to get, if they really think McCarron is that good, would need to be enough to offset the chance that you are handing a division rival the most coveted piece on the board.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really think some one has the potential to be a franchise QB, and you already have one.... you might trade him, but not within your division. The haul the Bengals would have to get, if they really think McCarron is that good, would need to be enough to offset the chance that you are handing a division rival the most coveted piece on the board.

The Bengals are not worried about the Browns competing in the next 5 years. If the Bengals feel that they are going to lose McCarron to FA then I have no problem in getting high picks for him. IF the Browns offer the Bengals the 1st pick in the 2nd round I highly doubt the Bengals say no to that offer just b/c its a division rival.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy that is the successor with more upside than Cousins is "a distant Plan B for the Browns." We are DOOMED. Just busing them Sty. :D

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Browns, I may see if Brock O is truly a lost cause or simply cracked under the playcalling.
"throw to hopkins" "But he's triple covered" "I don't care, throw to him"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is dalton better then KC Tooo?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had intended to just let this one go, but I do have an idea for the naysayers amongst you. It a very familiar refrain and it goes like this..........Name Kirk's replacement, who not only has the talent to exceed what Kirk has given us but would be both available and likely only cost us a conditional 3rd, possibly a 2nd that we get from Cleveland in the Cousins trade? Name your creditable plan B.....( I already expect silly shit instead)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy one Sty, I don't have one .... could be why I would like to see Cousins stay. Anyone good enough to replace Cousins would not be available for the price you want to spend. That includes McCarron who I do not see as an adequate replacement.

My insurance policy would be to draft Peterman. Gave all this to you weeks ago.

Should the Redskins decide to let Cousins go they set the franchise back at least 3 - 5 years and very possibly more. Game over. I think that is why those who said name Cousins replacement did so, we/they do not believe there is a suitable replacement.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's either peterman earlier. , chad Kelly later

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed all the compelling evidence that McCarron and his 119 career pass attempts is now considered a possible upgrade over the 6th rated passer in the league the previous 2 seasons.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest - I would like to see what Colt McCoy could do if he'd stay healthy for a full season. Problem is - at his size and style of play, he's injury-prone - not to mention a very ordinary arm. But he's fun to watch.

I like McCarron more than most do, but I don't want to give up picks to get him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy one Sty, I don't have one .... could be why I would like to see Cousins stay. Anyone good enough to replace Cousins would not be available for the price you want to spend. That includes McCarron who I do not see as an adequate replacement.

My insurance policy would be to draft Peterman. Gave all this to you weeks ago.

Should the Redskins decide to let Cousins go they set the franchise back at least 3 - 5 years and very possibly more. Game over. I think that is why those who said name Cousins replacement did so, we/they do not believe there is a suitable replacement.

Almost everyone wants to see Cousins stay......that's not the point. It is interesting to note your honesty when you say that you don't have a plan B. That's far better than arguing with someone who at least offered one as some have done here. The rest of what you wrote is fair, disagreement over players happens almost all of the time in the Hoop. I also don't agree with any opinion that states losing Cousins would set this team back 3 - 5 years. In the last two years we are 9 -7 and 8 - 7 - 1, so I question any set-backs because although better than its been in a long while, one game here or there is but a very minor step from where we've always been. BTW: drafting Peterman is almost like drafting another Sudfield.....well damn, another opinion, bad Sty..bad boy!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest - I would like to see what Colt McCoy could do if he'd stay healthy for a full season. Problem is - at his size and style of play, he's injury-prone - not to mention a very ordinary arm. But he's fun to watch.

I like McCarron more than most do, but I don't want to give up picks to get him.

Cincy won't just let him go, and will do everything that they can to resign him after this season. If as I suspect Kirk is traded, we're going to need someone who could step into this system and run it. The alternatives are not good and as @Shark currently opines, the plan could very well be Watson.

In as much as those picks are concerned, if Kirk is going to go, I'm hoping that the trading partner is not San Fran but Cleveland. From them we could get several picks and use one of them to complete the trade for McC.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed all the compelling evidence that McCarron and his 119 career pass attempts is now considered a possible upgrade over the 6th rated passer in the league the previous 2 seasons.

Clearly you did....point is if Kirk is traded, we are going to need a replacement for him, that's as compelling a reason as there is. You don't have to agree with going after McCarron, but, until you and others offer a better alternative, which was the point........chill with the noise.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost everyone wants to see Cousins stay......that's not the point. It is interesting to note your honesty when you say that you don't have a plan B. That's far better than arguing with someone who at least offered one as some have done here. The rest of what you wrote is fair, disagreement over players happens almost all of the time in the Hoop. I also don't agree with any opinion that states losing Cousins would set this team back 3 - 5 years. In the last two years we are 9 -7 and 8 - 7 - 1, so I question any set-backs because although better than its been in a long while, one game here or there is but a very minor step from where we've always been. BTW: drafting Peterman is almost like drafting another Sudfield.....well damn, another opinion, bad Sty..bad boy!

I am fine with your Plan B Sty, my argument about it was you suggested he had more upside than Cousins. There is nothing anywhere to suggest that. I was teasing about the article and suggested that I was teasing because the writer hinted that McCarron may be nothing more than a backup. Last I knew guys ribbed each other a little. Guy stuff you know.

As far as Cousins goes you are on both sides of the fence, you want to resign him while minimalizing much of what he has done. If those paltry winning records are so easy to have why haven't we done that in the past 20 years with a myriad of QBs?

You are welcome to your Peterman assessment and I am welcome to mine. We will have to agree to disagree there.

You really should quit the "why is everybody picking on me bit." This is a forum, unless you want to get in the Jimmy Jones Kool-Aid line and we should all agree with each other. :noidea: I have always told you that you have the right to be wrong. :D If you take that last line too seriously one or both of us needs help. :rolleyes2:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with your Plan B Sty, my argument about it was you suggested he had more upside than Cousins. There is nothing anywhere to suggest that. I was teasing about the article and suggested that I was teasing because the writer hinted that McCarron may be nothing more than a backup. Last I knew guys ribbed each other a little. Guy stuff you know.

As far as Cousins goes you are on both sides of the fence, you want to resign him while minimalizing much of what he has done. If those paltry winning records are so easy to have why haven't we done that in the past 20 years with a myriad of QBs?

You are welcome to your Peterman assessment and I am welcome to mine. We will have to agree to disagree there.

You really should quit the "why is everybody picking on me bit." This is a forum, unless you want to get in the Jimmy Jones Kool-Aid line and we should all agree with each other. :noidea: I have always told you that you have the right to be wrong. :D If you take that last line too seriously one or both of us needs help. :rolleyes2:

We willingly choose to be Redskins fans after all that Dan has put us through the past 18 years. If that right there aint a sign of group mental illness... I dont know what is. :thumb:

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy won't just let him go, and will do everything that they can to resign him after this season. If as I suspect Kirk is traded, we're going to need someone who could step into this system and run it. The alternatives are not good and as @Shark currently opines, the plan could very well be Watson.

In as much as those picks are concerned, if Kirk is going to go, I'm hoping that the trading partner is not San Fran but Cleveland. From them we could get several picks and use one of them to complete the trade for McC.
Right - but I think McCaron is going to cost more in draft picks than I would pay for him. If we trade Cuz, I'd rather go with Colt (pray for his health) for a year and draft someone in the 3rd/4th round and revisit the QB question next offseason.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you did....point is if Kirk is traded, we are going to need a replacement for him, that's as compelling a reason as there is. You don't have to agree with going after McCarron, but, until you and others offer a better alternative, which was the point........chill with the noise.

I wasn't aware that questioning the description of the unproven McCarron "as a possible upgrade to Cousins." was now considered "noise". Good to know.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware that questioning the description of the unproven McCarron "as a possible upgrade to Cousins." was now considered "noise". Good to know.

It doesn't matter now. I really don't see Cousins being traded anytime soon. This FO is on thin ice now & really the only thing that will bail them out now is keeping Cousins for a while or having a miracle upcoming season w/ someone else (odds are long on this at best). I think that the current FO is feeling pressure to retain Cousins & knows that it will likely have to pay probably more than they would like (but it will likely be worth it).

I truly don't believe certain folks on here who always state "I want Cousins to stay" when they have stated numerous times that they don't think much of the guy. They are very transparent.