• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Ryan blames Kyle Shanahan for SB loss.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Julio Jones blame Lady Gaga?

Edit: Yup looked it up. Here's the article:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/02/25/patriots-falcons-super-bowl-li-mohamed-sanu-lady-gaga/

BOSTON (CBS) – The Atlanta Falcons weren’t able to keep their Poker Face during the second half and overtime of Super Bowl LI against the Patriots. With a few weeks to ponder how his team blew a 25-point second half lead, one member of the Falcons turned to Lady Gaga as a possible scapegoat. Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu told the NFL Network’s Good Morning Football on Friday that Lady Gaga’s 40-minute halftime performance “definitely did” impact the team’s play in the second half. “Usually, halftime is only like 15 minutes, and when you’re not on the field for like an hour, it’s just like going to work out, like a great workout, and you go sit on the couch for an hour and then try to start working out again,” Sanu said on the NFL Network.

That’s only where it starts according to Sanu who also believes that the “smell of her (Gaga’s) rancid vagina lingered on the field for the entire second half”.

“It was unbearable,” said Sanu. “Like being trapped in the bottom of a construction site outhouse”. Sanu said he doesn’t “know if you can simulate something like that”.

Even Super Bowl LI referee Carl Cheffers admitted that the stench on the field was overwhelming. When asked to comment Cheffers compared the smell to “someone eating nothing but corned beef and cabbage for a week and then aggressively prolapsing their anus in your face”. Upon hearing these remarks NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell admitted that the smell of the artist chosen to play at half time had been an issue in the past. “After Super Bowl XLVI both coaches sent me letters complaining about the stench of the field after Madonna’s performance,” said Goodell. Tom Coughlin, who coached the Giants to a victory in Super Bowl XLVI, confirmed Goodell’s statement stating that he “believed at first that a feral cat had given birth into a vat of pickled herring”.

When asked if the smell had any effect on his team during Super Bowl LI Patriots head coach Bill Belichick replied “No, our players have had to deal with a rancid vagina on the field with them for all but 4 games this season so they were used to it”. Sanu also said in the interview that the thought that Atlanta should have run the ball more in the second half “crosses your mind.” But he said the team opted to be aggressive offensively as they were all season.

*** Continue reading in article ***

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan was panicky during the 2nd half. And he wants to blame the coach. LOL

So who's winning that division this year? Bucs? Panthers? Saints?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only blame Shanny for not being aware of game situation. No football fan would say he called a good 4th quarter . That said Matt had the ability to, and should have, audibled out of the bad calls. The loss stemmed from missed blocks by devonta and Jake, the inability of the D to get a stop when they needed it and the best QB in history playing the best quarter of his life.

so.....he choked then

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so.....he choked then
No. He played quite well. I think he should've audibled away from passes late but he trusted Shanny most of the year so I'm not surprised he didn't . Be unch of little things equalled a big thing . Even with all that it still took the best quarter of Bradys career to just get it yo OT

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you compare Matt Ryan's postseason career to last season with Shanahan

Maybe he should just Shut Up and own it

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a few rare NE turnovers and muffed kicks away from being blown out.

Atlanta cannot sustain a drive. They got 1 3rd down conversion all game. That is why they lost.
:scratch:Hmmm I thought Atlanta dominated for 52+ minutes of regulation?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Kyle Shanahan been credited with that sack yet?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Kyle Shanahan been credited with that sack yet?

"Matt just don't turn it over here, it's the only way they can win"

Oops

"K Matt don't get sacked and knocked out of FG range, it's reallly the only way they could win"

"Shanahans fault"

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan choked.

Shanny had a helluva season and so did Matt.

Kyle...you've got to run the ball 3 straight times there and kick a FG. But I blame Quinn more than Shanny...gotta over rule that pass play call and keep the clock running.

If anybody wet their pants in that game it was Shannahan in that moment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Matt just don't turn it over here, it's the only way they can win"

Oops

"K Matt don't get sacked and knocked out of FG range, it's reallly the only way they could win"

"Shanahans fault"

Just run it...3 times, kick a FG.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but I also cant blame a coaching staff for trusting an MVP type QB to make the right decisions in that spot

That side (execution) of the debate is valid...and a lot of player mistakes (a holding call, a wiffed block on a clean blitzers) if those had not happened, who knows, maybe the play is successful and you can start a new set of downs and close it out.

Yeah I can blame the coaches on this one. Coaches preach fundamentals...I think that applies to coaching as well...the fundamental play there is to run the ball 3 times...even if you miss the FG, you've run the max time and put them in a hail mary position pretty much...even the risk of stopping the clock by calling a pass play there was his failure imo.

If it works, we call it ballsy playcalling , etc, but when it doesn't work, we need to apply the blame on the decision if it was a bad decision.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He played quite well. I think he should've audibled away from passes late but he trusted Shanny most of the year so I'm not surprised he didn't . Be unch of little things equalled a big thing . Even with all that it still took the best quarter of Bradys career to just get it yo OT

if he didn't audible out of a "shitty" play then that can be perceived as using poor judgement which then can equate to choking

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is to blame. There is simply no single excuse good enough to justify blowing a 25 point lead in the NFL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he didn't audible out of a "shitty" play then that can be perceived as using poor judgement which then can equate to choking
Ok if you want to call it that. Doesn't much matter

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow kinda lost a little respect for Ryan there, "own it" you lost don't go blaming the OC for taken to long sending in plays...

What's next calling out the defense?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That side (execution) of the debate is valid...and a lot of player mistakes (a holding call, a wiffed block on a clean blitzers) if those had not happened, who knows, maybe the play is successful and you can start a new set of downs and close it out.

Yeah I can blame the coaches on this one. Coaches preach fundamentals...I think that applies to coaching as well...the fundamental play there is to run the ball 3 times...even if you miss the FG, you've run the max time and put them in a hail mary position pretty much...even the risk of stopping the clock by calling a pass play there was his failure imo.

If it works, we call it ballsy playcalling , etc, but when it doesn't work, we need to apply the blame on the decision if it was a bad decision.

Youre right, 3x run is the right way to go, especially related to the clock......In todays' NFL, where the short passing game has become the run game for so many teams, I cant say I was shocked

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total team collapse.

Shanahan's play calling on the last drive left a lot to be desired, but the players still have to execute.

Jake Mathews holding, Devonte Freeman missing a block that lead to the infamous sack, and the defense as a whole was just completely worn down the entire 4th quarter.

As soon as the Falcons got 0 points on their final drive, I knew the Pats were about to march down the field and score. Biggest shame of the situation for me was Julio Jones made one of the best catches of all time on that final drive, and it was all for naught and has already been forgotten by most.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre right, 3x run is the right way to go, especially related to the clock......In todays' NFL, where the short passing game has become the run game for so many teams, I cant say I was shocked

Yep, the clock was the key...at that point in the game, the OFC should not do anything that could cause the clock to stop...football 101.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total team collapse.

Shanahan's play calling on the last drive left a lot to be desired, but the players still have to execute.

Jake Mathews holding, Devonte Freeman missing a block that lead to the infamous sack, and the defense as a whole was just completely worn down the entire 4th quarter.

As soon as the Falcons got 0 points on their final drive, I knew the Pats were about to march down the field and score. Biggest shame of the situation for me was Julio Jones made one of the best catches of all time on that final drive, and it was all for naught and has already been forgotten by most.

Amazing right, Julios' catch was a FG away from being seen on NFL playoff highlights until the end of time, like Montana to Clarke