• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Astros 5/2/14 to 5/4/14

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured since we haven't had the daily game threads it may be a bit more practical for us to start running series threads for those of us who want to discuss the games as they are happening.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As normal, Ms can't beat the worst team in league. Damn

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can take 2 from the Yankees but can't beat the lowly fuckin' Astros? :L

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it as soon as we went to Furbush, and sure enough! Also, how does Almonte still get the start in CF? Saunders is clearly our best outfielder defensively, he needs to be in CF. Platoon the rest of the knuckleheads in RF already, damn!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it as soon as we went to Furbush, and sure enough! Also, how does Almonte still get the start in CF? Saunders is clearly our best outfielder defensively, he needs to be in CF. Platoon the rest of the knuckleheads in RF already, damn!

We are aiming to make history.

Almonte is on pace for the single season strikeout record, might as well do something productive with this season.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with the Almonte experiment. He flat out missed a flyball like a Little Leaguer, costing us a run early, then booted an easy roller out to center letting a guy take 2nd.

He was the defensive equivalent of Abraham Almonte with a bat today.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As normal, Ms can't beat the worst team in league. Damn

They are now 11-12 vs the Astros since the beginning of last year when they joined the AL West. Probably the one team in baseball we should beat but we dont ever do it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with the Almonte experiment. He flat out missed a flyball like a Little Leaguer, costing us a run early, then booted an easy roller out to center letting a guy take 2nd.

He was the defensive equivalent of Abraham Almonte with a bat today.

When he came in as a defensive replacement the other day I laughed my ass off. If we are going to play him at least put him in right and let Saunders play center. Saunders is a much better fielder. However I find it hard to blame Almonte or even McClendon for this situation. I blame Jack Z for constructing probably the worst outfield I have ever seen.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the 3 easiest positions to fill were:

1- OF
2- 1B
3- DH

W struggle filling all of them. How? I like Hart for the record, but come on!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely has been a strange first month for this team. Two short streaks of winning sandwiched around an abysmal losing streak. A pen that used to be a strength for this team that thus far this season has been atrocious many times. We still can't seem to put 9 guys at the plate that can stay above the mendoza line. And our new manager has both of his worst hitters often in the top of his lineup.

I'll say this, Almonte and Miller are so bad that it's pointless to really bitch much about Smoak.

It's awesome to see Seager continuing to have quality at bats and show he really has come out of his half a season worth of a hitting funk.

Can't wait to see if kuma can come back strong and stay healthy. The rotation really needs some help.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely has been a strange first month for this team. Two short streaks of winning sandwiched around an abysmal losing streak. A pen that used to be a strength for this team that thus far this season has been atrocious many times. We still can't seem to put 9 guys at the plate that can stay above the mendoza line. And our new manager has both of his worst hitters often in the top of his lineup.

I'll say this, Almonte and Miller are so bad that it's pointless to really bitch much about Smoak.

It's awesome to see Seager continuing to have quality at bats and show he really has come out of his half a season worth of a hitting funk.

Can't wait to see if kuma can come back strong and stay healthy. The rotation really needs some help.

Yeah, if only we can put up some runs for him.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, Smoak doesn't get a pass anymore. It's time to pull the plug. Almonte and Miller might still figure it out in their careers. Smoak is what he is.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Smoak doesn't get a pass anymore. It's time to pull the plug. Almonte and Miller might still figure it out in their careers. Smoak is what he is.

Agreed. Throw Ackley into that discussion as well. And stop with the BS that he cant mentally handle being at the top of the order. He has hit at every point in his life and was the #2 pick. You either can hit at the top of the order or your not a big leaguer.

I have more hope for Miller then Almonte since Miller showed a lot of good things last year. Almonte has never shown me anything, if by some miracle we send him down I dont think even think I want him starting in Tacoma. I have more hope for James Jones down there then Almonte.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are making another Astro starter look like Cy Young. Saw this guy in the last series a week and a half ago but looks like no adjustments what so ever. Super infuriating.