• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Astros 5/2/14 to 5/4/14

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner! I don't think anyone would argue it now.

I think I was at the other end of the argument defending Cano. Hence why I decided to not read what I wrote when I saw what we were talking about lol. I cringe seeing shit I was wrong about.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, everyone says who would've thought Taylor would've became damn near the WS MVP. Who the hell thought a dude who is smaller than most posters on here would turn out to be the best player on a WS champion.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell thought a dude who is smaller than most posters on here would turn out to be the best player on a WS champion.

:slaphappy:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i argued with ryan divish about it on twitter a couple years back, and he blocked me.

to be fair, no, i didn't think he'd go this far, but divish was saying miller had the higher ceiling at the time.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i argued with ryan divish about it on twitter a couple years back, and he blocked me.

to be fair, no, i didn't think he'd go this far, but divish was saying miller had the higher ceiling at the time.

I am part of the Divish block party as well for just debating with the jerk. Some Mariners reporters are thin skinned and think way too highly on themselves.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Altuve got to the big leagues, but come on Zona, every scout in the world passed on him at least twice. Plus, if he were in the Mariners organization they would've ruined him by trying to make him a relief pitcher or something.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, if he were in the Mariners organization they would've ruined him by trying to make him a relief pitcher or something.

This.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Altuve got to the big leagues, but come on Zona, every scout in the world passed on him at least twice.

I give absolutely zero credit to baseball scouting. Zero! Piazza was passed over like 60+ times and Edgar was passed over by everyone every time. I loved Altuve his rookie year and knew is was something special because he had not only talent but that Pedroia like attitude.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give absolutely zero credit to baseball scouting. Zero! Piazza was passed over like 60+ times and Edgar was passed over by everyone every time. I loved Altuve his rookie year and knew is was something special because he had not only talent but that Pedroia like attitude.

Well Piazza was probably the worst defensive player in MLB history. Don't really know much about Edgar's but to me, at least, it's understandable as a scout overlooking Alutve. Every now and then an anomaly like him will happen.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Piazza was probably the worst defensive player in MLB history. Don't really know much about Edgar's but to me, at least, it's understandable as a scout overlooking Alutve. Every now and then an anomaly like him will happen.

I really don't see it as an anomaly. Scouts view numbers such as height and weight and don't look at pure talent and heart. Randy was downplayed by a lot of professionals because pitchers over 6'5" have fundamental issues they say in trying to replicate their delivery. Silly to me because not all are the same. That is just lazy scouting and it happens all the time. I even read where Trout was pushed back in the first round because scouts said high schoolers form that area always underachieve because weather plays on sample size and blah, blah, blah. Again, lazy scouting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see it as an anomaly. Scouts view numbers such as height and weight and don't look at pure talent and heart. Randy was downplayed by a lot of professionals because pitchers over 6'5" have fundamental issues they say in trying to replicate their delivery. Silly to me because not all are the same. That is just lazy scouting and it happens all the time. I even read where Trout was pushed back in the first round because scouts said high schoolers form that area always underachieve because weather plays on sample size and blah, blah, blah. Again, lazy scouting.

I'm not saying I totally agree, but on Altuve I'd give lazy scouts a pass. Yeah, you can't tell heart which is about the only thing he had prior to the majors that a scout wouldn't get laughed at. Every organization passed on him except the worst team in the sport. With Randy, scouts were right and wrong at the same time. Randy's height did lead to back surgery but when scouting them no-one had any idea medical advances would allow for him to have it and come back just as strong or stronger.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am part of the Divish block party as well for just debating with the jerk. Some Mariners reporters are thin skinned and think way too highly on themselves.
i was being a jerk, so i probably deserved the block

he took me off awhile back, and i like most of what he has to say

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was being a jerk, so i probably deserved the block

he took me off awhile back, and i like most of what he has to say

I looked it up after posting mine and realized I blocked him...lol. I am not fan of his.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I don't use Twitter, way too easy to use emotion and get blocked, especially after trades.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already waste enough time on here and Facebook. Don't need another distraction.

I've always been skeptical of Twitter then the Steve Clevenger incident happened and it's like why the hell would I ever want to be drunk and writing with no filter.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like twitter. i just block everything other than those i choose to follow, and it works out great

gotta keep in mind that dutton, divish, and most other beat writers aren't fans. there's drayer who's basically just a front office mouthpiece, but most just aren't invested in any way in the team's success.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like twitter. i just block everything other than those i choose to follow, and it works out great

gotta keep in mind that dutton, divish, and most other beat writers aren't fans. there's drayer who's basically just a front office mouthpiece, but most just aren't invested in any way in the team's success.

The truth.