• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lovie Smith A Head Coach Again

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck,

Maybe he gets more than 1 season.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't mean to go there because Lovie comes off as a cool guy with a little HC success but with all this recent media racism shit....................is this hire in any way motivated by the recent Flores situation? I mean, Lovie was pretty good in Chicago but not so much elsewhere. I'm actually very surprised they chose him.

Or, is Smith being hired to oversee a rebuild that is doomed for the next few seasons only to be fired in two years and replaced by a white dude once the rebuild is complete?

Or, do the Texans really believe he was the best guy available for the job? Sorry but he just seems mediocre to me.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Lovie just get fired from a mid-bottom tier college team because he couldn't do anything there? Or am I thinking of somebody else? What about that screams NFL head coach?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Lovie just get fired from a mid-bottom tier college team because he couldn't do anything there? Or am I thinking of somebody else? What about that screams NFL head coach?
Nothing. Literally nothing. If there's a retread that should be getting another chance, it was Todd Bowles.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. Literally nothing. If there's a retread that should be getting another chance, it was Todd Bowles.
Yep, Todd Bowles definitely deserves another shot. Actually, failing with the Jets should never count against a coaches resume unles it's Adam Gase, lol.
As for Lovie, very likely the hire had something to do with the whole Flores thing but Lovie is a pretty good coach with a lot of experience. A pretty good hire, imo. Although I thought Culley did an admirable job given the circumstances.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't mean to go there because Lovie comes off as a cool guy with a little HC success but with all this recent media racism shit....................is this hire in any way motivated by the recent Flores situation? I mean, Lovie was pretty good in Chicago but not so much elsewhere. I'm actually very surprised they chose him.

Or, is Smith being hired to oversee a rebuild that is doomed for the next few seasons only to be fired in two years and replaced by a white dude once the rebuild is complete?

Or, do the Texans really believe he was the best guy available for the job? Sorry but he just seems mediocre to me.
I have no thoughts about the hire as I know little about Lovie other than he master-minded the 30th ranked defense in the NFL last year.

I am very aware of the Patriots rejects running the team. They are running the team into the ground with the owners approval.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. But its nothing mid-tier about Illinois. Kansas and Rutgers are more recognizable than them. Illinois is one of the forgotten P5. They're on par with Vanderbilt.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mediocre white retreads get new jobs all the time. So it's a sign of progress when a mediocre black one gets a job. Last time a mediocre black coach got rehired (after not having a head coach job for a while) in the NFL was Art Shell and that was a while ago.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a mediocre veteran guy to help the team transition from Watson to Mills. That roster is at least 1-2 years away from competing so no point in chasing after a younger coach.

I will say that this upcoming draft is the perfect time to rebuild a defense so if thats the plan then that could work out for them

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a mediocre veteran guy to help the team transition from Watson to Mills. That roster is at least 1-2 years away from competing so no point in chasing after a younger coach.

I will say that this upcoming draft is the perfect time to rebuild a defense so if thats the plan then that could work out for them

Could’ve said the same about the Bengals when they hired Zac Taylor. HC doesn’t matter as much as QB…

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre white retreads get new jobs all the time. So it's a sign of progress when a mediocre black one gets a job. Last time a mediocre black coach got rehired (after not having a head coach job for a while) in the NFL was Art Shell and that was a while ago.

Fair enough.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps he took the job with all the draft captial that they will have.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been better with a high school…coach..must be tanking so they can move the team overseas