• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOUDEST CFB Stadiums

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, right now, the Vols won't even travel from Knoxville to Nashville to watch their team lose to Vandy.

:laugh3:
:wtf:

sMr2iEpl.jpg

BFI1xt8l.jpg

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anecdotal:

"I stood in Tiger Stadium and I thought, 'This is what the Colosseum in Rome must have been like.'" -- Ed Simonini, Texas A&M linebacker.

"It was like the Colosseum in Rome and we were the Christians." -- The late Bobby Dodd of Georgia Tech.

"Unbelievable, crazy. That place makes Notre Dame seem like Romper Room." -- Brad Budde, USC lineman.

"It makes a body tingle. These folks go berserk when the band marches on the field. A huge roar is heard for the invocation, for heaven's sake. They not only know the words to the national anthem, they sing them, loudly. And when the Tigers win the toss...there are tears of ecstasy." -- Douglas Looney, Sports Illustrated describing a Saturday night in Death Valley.

"Baton Rouge happens to be the worst place in the world to be a visiting team." -- The Late Paul "Bear" Bryant, head coach of Kentucky, Texas A&M and Alabama.

"The difference between a night game and a day game at Tiger Stadium is that at night you can smell the bourbon on the field."

-Mike Archer

Not science, but more fun.... :suds:

I want to play:

"When Clemson players rub that rock and run down the hill, its the most exciting 25 seconds in college football."
Brent Musberger, ABC Sports

"Death Valley really lives up to its image. I was impressed with this stadium. When you put 80,000 people in there, it really feels like they are on top of you. I would hate to be Georgia Tech or whoever else comes in here."
San Francisco 49ers Quarterback Steve Young

"I came here knowing it would be loud and that Clemson would hit me hard, but to me, the noise was the biggest factor. I know I didn't concentrate as well because of it."
Herschel Walker after Clemson's 13-3 victory in 1981, his only regular season loss at Georgia.

"Everything just seems like a hushed roar. Thats all you hear. You really cant hear anybody standing next to you. You just have to shake your head and pretend like you heard what they said. I think its just the mystique of Clemson and seeing the guys coming off the hilltop and the way the stadium is shaped."
--North Carolina All-American Marcus Jones

"There is no place louder or picturesque than Death Valley. There, where Clemson folks see magic in a hill and a rock, orange gets more respect than anywhere this side of Gainesville, FL."
--Terence Moore, Atlanta Constitution

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.. I go to all the Duck games and Oregon puts in 60K for every game 1st off. Not 45k... Dont be disrespectful...

tumblr_mgmmzpAn5T1rf011lo1_500.jpg

And I have been to Madison for a football game in 1999 or 2000, been to Denney, been to Swamp.

The only one of these close to Autzen is the Swamp. When you get to a certain threshold of loud does it matter?

LSU, FLA, Oregon, Washington are in a league of their own. The debate starts after those 4... Havent been to aTm but from what I have heard they are in the list of the 4 above.

As far as teams that travel well... I think the B1G has that on lock. Were you at the Rose Bowl? Wisconsin had nearly 2/3 of the Rose Bowl filled while the other 1/3 were Duck fans.

I put Nebraska, Wisky, tOSU, Iowa, as the fan bases that travel best. From what I have seen... Looking forward to see how Tennessee travels when they come to Autzen this September....
I'm guessing it'll be similar to the UCLA game, even though most are expecting a beatdown.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest SEC homer of them all right there

He doesnt have a choice sense CBS pays him and SEC is exclusive to CBS. But boy, there were some vicious hate thread aimed at the ol codger on the cBS sight. From SECers no less. Dude, just turn down the volume on ur tv and tune in to ur local radio homer affiliate if he isnt strokin ur teams ego... SEC rules CFB but those guys over at cBS were a sensitive bunch....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shaneman. Do you get to many tOSU vs UM games at the big house. When I watched Oregon there I thought it was very overrated in being loud and the place just didnt feel all that cool... Am I wrong? I am sure it gets rowdy when ur bunch rolls in there...

Michigan is a fucking mausoleum. Place holds like 110K people and holds no noise whatsoever. Only quieter places in the B10 are Illinois and Indiana and thats because no one goes to the games. LOL

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it'll be similar to the UCLA game, even though most are expecting a beatdown.

Travelling to Eugene is cool for a CFB gameday atmosphere. But nothing I have ran into compares to Pasadena for that gameday atmosphere. Tailgating on a freaking golf course... Priceless. You literally park your car next to a sand trap on a fairway. Unreal...

I hope the Vols come in droves man. I really do. It will be fun. We will show em a good time... Getting a historic powerhouse to come into Autzen is a VERY big deal for Duck fans. Especially an SEC school. Rare opportunity...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is a fucking mausoleum. Place holds like 110K people and holds no noise whatsoever. Only quieter places in the B10 are Illinois and Indiana and thats because no one goes to the games. LOL

:agree:See, we agree on somethin at least. Similar to USC Trojans' version of a mausoleum... The coliseum sucks bad...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be a louder stadium... But there is no place like Nebraska.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be a louder stadium... But there is no place like Nebraska.

Ya as far as Nebraska fans I put them with the St. Louis Cardnials and the Green Bay Packers as the most loyal and intelligent fans of their sport out there as a whole.... No doubt anyone who doesnt respect Nebraska football's fans hasnt been following CFB too awful long...

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.. I go to all the Duck games and Oregon puts in 60K for every game 1st off. Not 45k... Dont be disrespectful...

According to wikipedia Autzen has had over 60k exactly TWICE. Just saying...
First time over 60k was against UW Nov 6 2010 (no shock there) and second was ASU October 15th 2011.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok Wiz, I will be more exact next time Oregon often pute 59,654 fans into Autzen...

FIFY

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok Wiz, I will be more exact next time Oregon often pute 59,654 fans into Autzen...

FIFY

:lol:

Can you tell it's the off season if that's the worst thing I can find to bust your balls on?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen. Nothing comes close.

Doesn't every fan think that about their stadium? At least the major D1 fans anyway. Don't think you will find many who think their stadium is a lame shit hole.

Maybe the question should be what is the worst stadium you have been to.