• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Losing a draft pick

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're at that point where any type of injury their going to have to report it even if its a slight nose bleed.
Yeah, I get that the team is attracting greater scrutiny now. My point was we cannot just list all 53 players as injured and not worry about it because that too is against the rules.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that the team is attracting greater scrutiny now. My point was we cannot just list all 53 players as injured and not worry about it because that too is against the rules.

Yes if they're not injured then don't list them. The rest that are banged up, list them and the problem. Seems simple enough.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the rules it states "significant" injury. I find it hard to believe if it was a significant injury he missed 0 practices and 0 games. That sounds more like a "minor" issue that he might have been bothered by all season so Pete said significant.

Still i bet they take a pick AND money. NFL has to pad their Coffers.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Andrew Luck was on the Colts' injury report all season? I didn't hear anything - but I don't follow the Colts that closely. I only ask, cause I guess he's getting surgery for his should due to lingering effects from last season that he's dealt with all season. This story broke the day before the Sherman story - but I haven't heard much about it with the possibility of the harsh punishment Seattle may face.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the rules it states "significant" injury. I find it hard to believe if it was a significant injury he missed 0 practices and 0 games. That sounds more like a "minor" issue that he might have been bothered by all season so Pete said significant.

He actually missed multiple practices, but he missed with the "NIR" designation. The NFL could come back and say that he did in fact miss practices, and rather than submitting his injury they covered it up. Thats a violation whether we like the rules or not. For all the praise Pete gets, and usually deserves, he's got to take responsibility for this flub. This one is on him, and now our draft will probably suffer.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete needs to preach his case and just say he used the wrong words... If they take a 2nd round pick because of this it's gonna be ridiculous... THAT is a dam steep price to pay

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Andrew Luck was on the Colts' injury report all season? I didn't hear anything - but I don't follow the Colts that closely. I only ask, cause I guess he's getting surgery for his should due to lingering effects from last season that he's dealt with all season. This story broke the day before the Sherman story - but I haven't heard much about it with the possibility of the harsh punishment Seattle may face.

Yes Andrew Luck was on the injury report from week 1 on listed with a right shoulder injury. You can check it out here if you like...

Colts.com | Injury Report

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is leveon bell was also hurt all year but wasnt listed on the report.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete needs to preach his case and just say he used the wrong words... If they take a 2nd round pick because of this it's gonna be ridiculous... THAT is a dam steep price to pay
Yep, and he and the team need to make a big deal of any other team's players that had anything similar. Plus the guys who bowed out of the Pro Bowl who may not have missed time at the end, as well as pointing to how Sherm is still in the Pro Bowl.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like if this results in zero to minor punishment, we can thank other teams for doing the same thing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, we can avoid jumping on the Patriots fan's 'The NFL hates us!' bandwagon.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been speeding, but we were really just keeping up with the pace of traffic.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like if this results in zero to minor punishment, we can thank other teams for doing the same thing.

Yes, Bell and the Steelers come too mind. If the Hawks lost a second and Pitt got a slap on the wrist, hell would be dropped on Goodell's front porch.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like were not being punished that severely ... 2nd round pick looks safe...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope so, this draft is pretty pivotal. we need to score some hits in a few key spots.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks have received a warning for not listing Richard Sherman's knee injury on the injury report in the second half of last season, league sources told ESPN.

The league had considered docking the Seahawks a second-round pick for failing to disclose the injury, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen last month.

The violation was determined to be the result of a misinterpretation of the policy's reporting requirements, a source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Sherman never missed a game last season. The Pro Bowl cornerback was listed on the injury report in 11 of the team's final 12 games (including the playoffs), but the knee injury was never listed. In 10 of those weeks, he missed practice time, but the Seahawks listed the reason as "non-injury related." In Week 12, Sherman was listed with an ankle injury.

The NFL's rule says, "If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team's next game."

In the event of any future violation, this current violation will be taken into account in determining discipline, the source told Caplan.

NFL Network first reported the news of the NFL's warning.

After the season, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said in a 710 ESPN Seattle interview that Sherman "dealt with a significant knee [injury] the whole second half of the season."

side note 1000 post :yes::yes::yes:

:suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks have received a warning for not listing Richard Sherman's knee injury on the injury report in the second half of last season, league sources told ESPN.

The league had considered docking the Seahawks a second-round pick for failing to disclose the injury, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen last month.

The violation was determined to be the result of a misinterpretation of the policy's reporting requirements, a source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Sherman never missed a game last season. The Pro Bowl cornerback was listed on the injury report in 11 of the team's final 12 games (including the playoffs), but the knee injury was never listed. In 10 of those weeks, he missed practice time, but the Seahawks listed the reason as "non-injury related." In Week 12, Sherman was listed with an ankle injury.

The NFL's rule says, "If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team's next game."

In the event of any future violation, this current violation will be taken into account in determining discipline, the source told Caplan.

NFL Network first reported the news of the NFL's warning.

After the season, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said in a 710 ESPN Seattle interview that Sherman "dealt with a significant knee [injury] the whole second half of the season."

side note 1000 post :yes::yes::yes:

:suds:

Congrats on 1000 posts. I'm glad we're finally getting official word on this instead of speculation and outside confirmation.