• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Losing a draft pick

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream scenario, sign zeitler to play LG, draft a LT, move fant to RT.

I know it means starting over again but zeitler is a stud that will blow open our running game. Get a back like mixon in the late rounds and we might be back on top of the rush rankings

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh boogie we can only fix so much. Ifedi is going to be FOR SURE another year at RG, we HAVE to hang onto Justin Britt, he's actually very good at center, outside of that good God. We just need SOMEONE with some veteran experience to step in.

We have some money to spend, maybe we can get a 1-2 year deal, or maybe even get Okung back (UGH!?).

We're just in a shit position overall, bro. I really don't know what to say. :(

Feel like a FA signing 1-2 year deal like Andrew is kind of like a K. Williams signing. "Want a ring? Help us out maybe?" Otherwise we're going to lose too many good years of our current players.

I would happily take Okung back honestly.... Looks like the Broncos aren't gonna pick up his 1 million option and give him his guaranteed money... MAN Okung did himself wrong there... But he's only 29 and coming into his prime years, I"d take him back in a heart-beat... He's gonna be a free agent so I"m not sure how his contract would work out, but if we can get him for a reasonable price, HELL YEAH!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the money's right, bringing Okung back would immediately improve the offensive line. That kind of certainty isn't there with a draft pick. The learning curve with a rookie, even if that rookie played tackle in college and isn't another project that would have to start from scratch at the pro level, is still a lot steeper than that of a player that has been here before and knows what he's doing in this system. At this point, familiarity and continuity is preferable on the offensive line over potential several years from now as long as they're not severely overpaying for that familiarity and continuity.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the money's right, bringing Okung back would immediately improve the offensive line. That kind of certainty isn't there with a draft pick. The learning curve with a rookie, even if that rookie played tackle in college and isn't another project that would have to start from scratch at the pro level, is still a lot steeper than that of a player that has been here before and knows what he's doing in this system. At this point, familiarity and continuity is preferable on the offensive line over potential several years from now as long as they're not severely overpaying for that familiarity and continuity.

Agree with what you said. Even if you anticipate him to miss some games, he would be an asset while a rookie learns the schemes and techniques.