• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Losing a draft pick

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you heard something different, we already lost a 5th for the illegal offseason workouts.

This is new and the discussion is a 2nd rounder.

The issue as someone brought up, is when you list a guy as did not participate or limited but don't list the condition, for some players at the caliber of Sherman who knows. Could be they want him to recover from a minor illness, rest, take some time off in the study room, etc.

If you know his knee is a little bum going into the game, a CB that is traditionally not targeted may get targeted a lot more. I understand why the penalty is harsh. A team may go in and say, "Eh limit your throws to Sherman" vs. "Sherman has a bum knee. Take it if you see it."

AH your right... I think that's what I heard before, thanks for pointing that out...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just listening to sports radio and I guess Pete slipped and brought this up and that's why it's an issue... If he wouldn't have mentioned the injury to the press this is a non factor... WTF is up with Pete ? That's a strange thing to have happen...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Seahawks are going to have players shuffling positions again? I could see Ifedi being moved to tackle, then Britt back to guard and Hunt to take over the center position. Naaaw that would be to crazy.:rolleyes2:

I know you're joking, but I think it would be a mistake to do any more shuffling on the offensive line and Carroll indicated that they don't plan on doing it, so I hope he sticks to that. For the sake of Wilson's health, I don't want any more learning on the job. So now that they have a group and configuration that they seem to like, leave the players where they are and get them training together and practicing together as a group as much as possible. I want the offensive line to not be the #1 question mark on the team for the first time in a decade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're joking, but I think it would be a mistake to do any more shuffling on the offensive line and Carroll indicated that they don't plan on doing it, so I hope he sticks to that. For the sake of Wilson's health, I don't want any more learning on the job. So now that they have a group and configuration that they seem to like, leave the players where they are and get them training together and practicing together as a group as much as possible. I want the offensive line to not be the #1 question mark on the team for the first time in a decade.
Not entirely joking. Think there could be some shuffling next season, could be just having Odhimbo play tackle, but I got to think they need a change at RT at least. I actually thought Ifedi was drafted to become a tackle eventually, so like I said not entirely joking.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just listening to sports radio and I guess Pete slipped and brought this up and that's why it's an issue... If he wouldn't have mentioned the injury to the press this is a non factor... WTF is up with Pete ? That's a strange thing to have happen...

PC should have just listed him as questionable. Take a page out of the Pats playbook and list everybody questionable therefore we don't have situations like this. It's listed and can't get in trouble with the league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC should have just listed him as questionable. Take a page out of the Pats playbook and list everybody questionable therefore we don't have situations like this. It's listed and can't get in trouble with the league.

Brilliant! Just list every frigging boo boo. Then everyone just figures it's bogus and pays no attention to it. Unfortunately a bit late for this matter.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant! Just list every frigging boo boo. Then everyone just figures it's bogus and pays no attention to it. Unfortunately a bit late for this matter.

Indeed a little too late but should be noted for next season. If Kearse has a toe fungus, lust list him as questionable with a toe injury. Seems simple enough.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Seahawks are going to have players shuffling positions again? I could see Ifedi being moved to tackle, then Britt back to guard and Hunt to take over the center position. Naaaw that would be to crazy.:rolleyes2:

I would be very disappointed with that scenario... I would view that as a set back...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we really need that 2nd rounder. I do not want to trade down with our 1st if Jabrill Peppers is still on the board

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wanted to make fun of BB for listing everyone. Not so dumb after all was it? Besides it probably torments Goodell to no end.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely joking. Think there could be some shuffling next season, could be just having Odhimbo play tackle, but I got to think they need a change at RT at least. I actually thought Ifedi was drafted to become a tackle eventually, so like I said not entirely joking.

That's fair. I hope they keep Ifedi where he is, though. It's not so much that he blew me away at guard as it is that I don't want him having to learn a second position in two years. To me, it would impede the progress of the offensive line to have any of the starters moved to a new position. I know Ifedi played tackle in college, but it's not the same as playing tackle in the NFL and from what I heard and read about him after he was drafted, his strengths make him a better fit at guard. I could be remembering that wrong, but I thought I heard a few people say that.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For team who hits on late rd picks and UDFA like Seattle....you'll be good. Not all 2nd rd picks turn out great.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've heard on this says the penalty is not in addition to an already lost 5th rounder. The penalty will just be upgraded to an earlier pick if we get dinged for this.

We broke the rules and deserve some sort of consequence, but it doesn't seem like a big infraction to me to not list a guy on an injury report who you know is going to play. Sherman didn't miss any action for this. He did miss a practice a week for much of the season, but it was listed as non-football related. I don't see how this possibly gave the team an unfair advantage in any games, and we probably wouldn't even be here unless PC said something about it. Loose lips sink ships, as my Navy brethren like to say.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wanted to make fun of BB for listing everyone. Not so dumb after all was it? Besides it probably torments Goodell to no end.

I didn't even know people gave him crap about it. It certainly is a good idea but a little too late now. I'm sure Seattle will lose its second.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know people gave him crap about it. It certainly is a good idea but a little too late now. I'm sure Seattle will lose its second.
I don't think it's within the rules to simply list everyone as injured either. The defeats the entire purpose of the rule.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's within the rules to simply list everyone as injured either. The defeats the entire purpose of the rule.
Not everyone, just anyone that has so much as a hangnail. Pats been doing that for years and yes it does defeat the purpose of the rule, which is to give gamblers better info.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone, just anyone that has so much as a hangnail. Pats been doing that for years and yes it does defeat the purpose of the rule, which is to give gamblers better info.

Gamblers and fantasy football players, which I guess is technically the same thing. The only other thing injury reports are used for is giving teams a heads up on which players to go after both strategically and physically.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamblers and fantasy football players, which I guess is technically the same thing. The only other thing injury reports are used for is giving teams a heads up on which players to go after both strategically and physically.
And that's the only aspect where I can understand how not reporting an injury to Sherman could have given the Hawks an unfair advantage, and thus a rules violation egregious enough to warrant such an upgraded penalty. However, to counter that argument I would say other teams could easily pick up in warmups if Sherman was limited physically. And if not then, certainly very early in the game with how familiar these players are with each other. Any WR running a route on Sherman would probably tell in 1 play if he was right or not.

So I still don't see how not reporting a guy who didn't miss any time for the injury is worthy of such a penalty, if the reports end up being accurate.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're at that point where any type of injury their going to have to report it even if its a slight nose bleed.