• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loooooong season

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it may have more to do with Hynes getting the players to overachieve. Lee Stempniak has been a 3rd line journeyman for most of his career and he's suddenly producing like a good 2nd liner and playing solid pk minutes on top of it.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying, but you also can't bleed a stone. If a guy isn't capable of doing something, he won't no matter what you say or do to motivate him. I agree on Stempniak, both what he is and what he's currently doing. I'm thinking more of the guys we've had and what they are showing.

And honestly, even if it is Hynes getting players to overachieve, GREAT. It's about time we had a coach that got MORE from players than we expect. I feel like the last few years all I do is lower my expectations all the time.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was at the game tonight and first it was a real solid crowd. Love a 5pm Sunday start its perfect!

This team needs serious work on the 5on3. That could've been a real back breaker not even sniffing a chance.

That penalty on Larson was seriously bs. Give him 5 but a game misconduct? For interference no less! That's like giving 5 for tripping!

Huge win for kinkaid esp after sitting that long against a decent Canuck team too.

Team has seriously Impressed me where has this zajac been? It's really early but still have to ask.....is this because of Shero being in charge? No more retreads havlat Ryder ozleov etc? If so and is team can keep this up and compete for 8th. Well then uncle fester credibility really takes a hit

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Buuuuut let's also remember this team is 5-1 in overtime shootout. Which is great but that's more then half their wins!

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cup I was at the game last night too. Did you notice Miller pounding his stick near the end of the period when we were on the PK not realizing there was less time left in the period than in the penalty.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahahahaha I didn't see that. Miller looked shaky last night crazy he makes what Corey makes

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT...was an impressive road win. 2-0 vs Chicago!

Corey was awesome
Kallinin just keeps impressing
Palmieri keeps bringing it
Rico continues to amp it up
Greene & Larsson...

loving it

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm pretty sure Larsson and Greene were on the ice for the final 2 minutes and all of the 6 on 5 play. they were on at the 1:40 mark for a face off and then remained on around the 45 second mark for the next faceoff.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with both of you. Corey is an absolute stud, right up there with the top tier of goaltenders. Kalinin has been really impressive. I was cautiously optimistic about him and he has delivered thus far. Greene and Larsson look like a legitimate top pair on D. Really enjoying this team at the moment.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes on Kalinin. I also had no idea what to expect. With guys like that, you always think potential, but the factor is always can they play the North American game. He so far shows that he can. He crashes the net, battles hard in corners. He is no lazy. I am a fan of his so far.

Before the season, we all had those what ifs. If Zajac and Henrique can play at a higher level, if some of the younger guys like Matteau and Boucher can get regular playing time, if the young defense can play step in and do the job, etc. Guys like Palmieri, Larsson, Zajac have definitely answered so far. But you always hope for somebody to come out of nowhere like Kalinin is doing.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalinin is growing, great pickup by Shero n Co.

Watching the guys play is so drastic in change in terms of play. Such a difference seeing younger, quicker, athletic players out there.... No one is dogging it, at least not apparent, everyone is hustling n so far the chemistry is picking up. Great look for competitiveness and interest for us fans.

Hynes is really doing something back there.

Kalinin is growing and that's great for us. When I see him though I wonder if that's what Zacha is going to start off as, I for some reason feel they share a similar build, yes? hopefully Zacha is quicker n stronger which not a knock on Kal anyways.

Zajac playing like a pro and Rico is Mr Devil out there.

Palmieri's speed is drool worthy.... that guy can flat out fly.

Best part, most of our guys have good hockey sense and IQ. IMO.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not lost on me that we came into this season with so little hope and the team has me more excited than I have been in years.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY solid 4-0 win over the Pens tonight! Yes, the Pens were on a stretch of 3 games in 4 nights, but it is still a great team the Devils pretty much controlled the play against.

Can't say it enough, loving this team. And what's more, it looks like this level is going to be sustained. And I hope it does.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah pens looked flat starting the backup also but hey I will take the win in any situation.

two things I Don't like. Gelinas is finished on this team and his trade value is nil

Second where does Elias come back and fit into who comes out

Btw I really like that farnham kid

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pickups this offseason are really contributing...

Stempniak, Moore, Kalinanin(growing), Tlusty to a degree, Farnham, Schlemko etc....Palmieri trade...

Maybe we're overachieving but so be it...

Its competitive, we're scoring and still playing some solid defense. Cory has been great, coaching making its mark, total improvement.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pickups this offseason are really contributing...

Stempniak, Moore, Kalinanin(growing), Tlusty to a degree, Farnham, Schlemko etc....Palmieri trade...

Maybe we're overachieving but so be it...

Its competitive, we're scoring and still playing some solid defense. Cory has been great, coaching making its mark, total improvement.
It's actually fun to watch!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though we lost 2-3, we came back twice within 1... just couldn't get the offense going much, missed some opportunities.

Nothing to go crazy about yet.....

that's the effect of good hockey play mixed with wins will do to ya(me).... no ranting!!! lol

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though we lost 2-3, we came back twice within 1... just couldn't get the offense going much, missed some opportunities.

Nothing to go crazy about yet.....

that's the effect of good hockey play mixed with wins will do to ya(me).... no ranting!!! lol

Yeah, and apparently the Devils just can't win in Calgary (Last win there in 2007 I believe). No big thing, but let's hope for a quick rebound against Edmonton!