• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loooooong season

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
watched the jets and then caps game. wake me up when its lotto time this team is bad (but we knew that already)

how the heck did it get this bad? the defense looks horrible the offense doesn't even show up. tons of penalties it seems.

are we wasting the good years of corey? honestly i dont see this team being legit playoff team for another 4-5 years. we are missing 2 stud fowards and those dont grow on trees and trading for one? that is even rarer a tree to find.

think any chance the devils go after stamkos this season?

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Stamkos comes here, unless the team shows some promise this season. Although, with money to spend and Shero at the reigns, who knows? Devils could become more of a desirable team to play for than they have been for years. Still wouldn't expect a Stamkos level of player, but again, who knows.

As for the first few games, it's way too early yet. Jets came off a nice win the night before. While some would say it's a disadvantage coming off a game the night before, I don't buy it. Especially the first few games of the season, and not to mention against a Devils team with multiple new faces and new style. As for the Caps game, was tied 2-2 going into the 3rd, then Ovi happened. Basically just a bad 3rd period and not really surprising this early in the season. Still scratching my head on why Kinkaid is pulled with 3+ mins left on the PK, but it shows me Hynes isn't gonna sit back and is going to go for wins. Kind of like the attitude because it's something I haven't seen for a while.

That said, still don't expect this team to be a serious playoff contender. However, I don't think they'll be a basement team either. Will take time but I expect some better results this season.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this team has a really good group and light years ahead of last year and the year before. they will be good enough to tread water in games but they wont be able to get over the hump.

i will admit when they went down 2-0 i expected the wheels would fall off so i was pleasantly surprised when they tied it. buuuuuuuuuuuut they just need that stud to put them over the hump that difference maker.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What we saw Saturday night was a team that is probably top 5 favorites to win the cup against a team that nobody picked to make the playoffs this season.
Yes, it was nice to see the comeback after they were down 2-0 on some flukey type goals by the Caps.
You can't really stop Ovie though.
I thought the Devils outplayed Washington in the first. 2nd, they fell asleep a bit. Even though Ovie's goal didn't end up the game winner, after that, no way Washington was losing that game.

As for pulling the goalie with 3 minutes left, not sure I agree. If I was coach of the Caps, I can see it being a good idea. With the Devils, they just are not good enough. I like the agression by Hynes, but just think he should have left Kinkaid in net a bit longer in that 3rd.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how have they been playing? I missed the first two games and I pray to catch tomorrows...

lineups?
coaching?
style?
pros/cons?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i didnt understand why he pulled him when the devils were short handed? that didn't make any sense. pull him that early on the pp fine. dont pull him down a guy though

as for how the team has been so far?

the pp has looked pretty good i thought. tulitsty has also looked good same with henrique.

the defense is showing the growing pains merrill was brutal on the caps 4th goal.

as for style and stuff? well i can't really tell yet. the team was old slow and bad last year. this year they are younger less slow and less bad. there just isn't any skill out there. stempinak had a great chance to make it 1-0 from 15 feet out? whats he do? shoots it up underneath holtby's chin. come on!

i really dont see how this team wins more then 20 games this year.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the game against the Caps was a lot better than the first game against the Jets. The game against the Jets had zero positives.

If I had to describe the team with a few words, I would say they are predictably frustrating yet its somewhat refreshing because of the off season changes. It was great to see Henrique score on a break away. Gelinas blast from the point silenced the crowd. These are two players who are the future of the team and it was nice to see them involved in the comeback against the Caps.

But the team still is undisciplined and takes bad penalties. The defense is younger, so we have to expect mistakes. Can you see that the team is playing the game faster? Yes, but they still lack offensive talent.

Newer guys like O'Neil and Matteau were mostly invisible saturday night. Boucher and Severson were benched for the game. Really hoping for strong seasons for few of the younger guys, and how close they are to that 8th spot will depend on that.

Coaching probably too early to comment on, but you can see its more aggressive.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of all the changes and a bunch of new/younger guys, I would expect the first half of the season to be choppy. If this team is still horrific in January/February I'll worry about the future.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of all the changes and a bunch of new/younger guys, I would expect the first half of the season to be choppy. If this team is still horrific in January/February I'll worry about the future.

Could not agree more. Change of coach/GM will always lead to some growing pains. Along with a concerted effort to make this team younger means you have to weather the storm a bit.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yikes this coach can't be pulling the goalie that earl when trailing by a goal going onto the power play wtf is he thinking.

Tootoo is playing way too much too

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes this coach can't be pulling the goalie that earl when trailing by a goal going onto the power play wtf is he thinking.

Tootoo is playing way too much too

Ugh, I was beyond furious. Even more so when we scored. There is zero reason to do that with over 2 mins (I think over 2:30?) left on the PP.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i believe 230 in the game and 2 on the pp. bring it down to a minute then pull him. or if your down by 2 goals? ok fine pull him then when he did.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
only 11,000 fans at last nights game too.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, I think Hynes is nuts. If we had the firepower on offense, his aggression would probably pay off. This team lacks the offense.

Then again, the Devils were going to lose anyway. At least go down with a fight.
Do they passively lose and we are satisfied with a 1 goal loss without giving up an empty net?
Or do they go on a suicide mission?

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 11,000 fans at last nights game too.

Didn't sell out the home opener either. Only 14k. Historically a low attendance time of year anyway but it's going to be bad unless this team starts giving people a reason to come. You can't sell tickets on a new GM and coach, offensive star power is needed, especially in a market like NJ. Even if someone on the current roster starts to breakout it'll help.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Team is not great, Tuesday night, and they are playing Nashville. Not an exciting or easy team to play against. They blocked pretty much everything the Devils threw at them. How about the constant icings. I would have been pissed if I went to that game.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, three games in and all I can say is.... glad I didn't get center ice again this year.... I will enjoy the free preview for the two weeks I get it then its just internet for me.... nothing to see here.... rebuilding time....

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, three games in and all I can say is.... glad I didn't get center ice again this year.... I will enjoy the free preview for the two weeks I get it then its just internet for me.... nothing to see here.... rebuilding time....

Ever tried hockeystreams.com Vort? There's a cost, but considerably cheaper than center ice. You don't buy by the season, you can do terms of days, weeks, months, etc. Basically, less of a commitment.

Also:
Watch on any smart device known to man.
All NHL, AHL, QMJHL, OHL and WHL games
Trade deadline, Olympics, ASG, Draft, etc
HD quality (Better than GCL)
Archived games
Both broadcasts
NO blackouts whatsoever

In short, it's changed my life haha. If you haven't heard of it and are interested let me know so I can refer you.

Last edited:

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly,

If they are going to kick out all the higher paid execs and kick out all the higher paid players to work as a cap floor team attendance should be low. We aren't stupid - If ownership wants to cheap out and not pay anyone then the fans are going to cheap out and not pay the team.

They are stupid to think we are as gullible as Sabres fans since there is no history of accepting losers.

I can't recall any cap floor team performing well in the season so expect it to stay this way all year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If stamkos hits the open market and this team isn't involved in serious contract talks with him it will seriously explain where the owners are in bettering the team.

They have had the excuse that no skilled big name free agents have been available well you ain't getting bigger then stamkos so what's going to be their excuse?