• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

loooooong season

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ya, Hynes spent all last year working with it in the AHL and you can see the difference between the devils and other teams. Most players in the NHL can execute a 2 on 1 breakaway so there is no reason to play 2 forwards and 1 D. I expect it to change by mid season where every team is running two D with their top 2-way player.

As for Torts - I guess the Blue Jackets are determined to get back to the basement and remain there forever.
David Clarkson will get top line duties soon enough!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils have looked pretty good the last 3 games, forcing overtime, getting w's, they're making some good progress with John Hynes IMO. I was hoping the Pens would've made him the coach last year instead of Mike Johnston.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment (and hopefully moving forward), Henrique is far and away our best player. He looks to be reaching the potential we expected.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on Henrique and how about Larsson.. he basically tossed Hanzel who is a huge guy out of his way to start the winning rush in the yotes game.

Also I do like that Hynes seems to have these guys buying into what he is teaching.

It's early and we still need scoring IMO but I do like what I've seen the last 4 games

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't remember the last time the team came back like that, on the road, down 2, and actually won in shootout. Agree on Hynes and Larsson. These guys really believe in Hynes, and you can tell how they never give up.

JJ shootout move was great.

Gelinas very rough night defensively. If they lost, it would have been mostly on him. Too bad there is no mid field in hockey, I would throw him there.

I would have never thought this team would be any good 3 on 3.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time the team came back like that, on the road, down 2, and actually won in shootout. Agree on Hynes and Larsson. These guys really believe in Hynes, and you can tell how they never give up.

JJ shootout move was great.

Gelinas very rough night defensively. If they lost, it would have been mostly on him. Too bad there is no mid field in hockey, I would throw him there.

I would have never thought this team would be any good 3 on 3.
I think Moore also had some atrocious and soft plays. He (and the team) were just lucky they didn't turn into goals like Gelinas'. But I'm guessing Merrill will be back in and Gelly out next game

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I too am surprised the team is pretty good 3on3. It's strange they give up a ton of odd man chances during the game but 3on3 I don't recall a single odd man rush.

As for the shootout I really hope they see stemniak move and just do the simple thing of lifting the puck.

Big big win when you can win and Corey gives up 4 goals that's a good night

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never got to post my thoughts the other night.

I pretty much agree with what has been said though. I was very shocked to see them win that game. Last two years, that game ended 4-2. The youth and the new additions has this team thinking and playing different than the Devils of old. Speed is definitely improved.

More and more it seems like anything could be possible. Still not getting my hopes up this early.

Still, you have to like the effort.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another win tonight yeah against buffalo but hey winning games your suppose to is always a good thing

Big question does Elias even crack this lineup when he's healthy? Does he even really fit in here?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Hynes spent all last year working with it in the AHL and you can see the difference between the devils and other teams. Most players in the NHL can execute a 2 on 1 breakaway so there is no reason to play 2 forwards and 1 D. I expect it to change by mid season where every team is running two D with their top 2-way player.

As for Torts - I guess the Blue Jackets are determined to get back to the basement and remain there forever.
David Clarkson will get top line duties soon enough!
So you're saying clarkson will hit the 30 goal mark ?

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another win tonight yeah against buffalo but hey winning games your suppose to is always a good thing

Big question does Elias even crack this lineup when he's healthy? Does he even really fit in here?

I've wondered that myself. I think there is a place for him. And what may be beneficial is he won't be counted on to be a majority of the offense.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this team play has become enjoyable once again!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good win streak we have going on... some surprise players are really standing out like a Stemniak and a Larsson....

the same Larsson I would be good to move with.... good for the kid. Merrill has taken a step back which is very odd to me, did not think that would happen.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really dont think swapping players in and out constantly is helping their development either. i read tg and its a constant in out game it seems on the back line. they really need to ship some of these guys out at this point and just roll with 6 and have a 7th for injury sake.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good possession here and there but no finishers....

I agree, we should stick to a constant lineup/pairings out there... got to build chemistry.

Not thrilled that the goals are only coming from Henrique and Cam.....aside from a slight few.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are going with 11 forwards and 7 defense again tonight against the Flyers. I thought it was stupid with DeBo but i may be going insane thinking its a good idea here - DeBo used Harrold on the wing so its completely different.

Hynes is allowing guys like Kalinin and Josefson to play with a double shifted Zajac, Cam, or Henrique so it gives them opportunities to play with talented guys. Meanwhile, They get to play Gelinas on the PP and Merrill on the PK while keeping both of their even strength minutes down.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

LOL that is funny.

I was at the jackets game and good lord that was torture!

i was sitting in one end zone 2nd level the devils started a powerplay and had some seriously good pressure for about 1:15 of it without the puck leaving the zone. they were moving it and moving it and moving it. I couldn't help but think this is exactly where kovy would get the quick pass across up top take a step and wrist one top shelf. well they did set it up like that but who takes the shot? severson! he missed the net about 2 feet. then they have henrique (love him) sitting in the corner just on the goal line trying the stuff play that parise would do. just doesn't work.

the win streak was nice and all and the team will get a few of those over the course of 82 games. but lets be honest 2 wins come via 3on3 another through the shootout and then they beat buffalo lets not forget 2 of the other wins were against the sens and yotes (teams that aren't good).

you see a code like that for a free ticket on a saturday afternoon no less! wow you really have to wonder about the future of this team in nj. 2nd to last in attendance so far this year? i really dont think this team can survive a 5 year rebuild. teams like buffalo? yeah sure because they are the only game in town. devils? not so lucky. they really need to go out and make a move and bring someone in there.